"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

10 minutes ago, 0bin said:

I don’t know why svhost needs to talk to microsoft if I have updates off? So I left them locked out.

If memory serves me right, svchost is a multi-threaded and multi-tasking process — apart from Windows Update, it's also responsible for System Time sync, DNS Cache, DHCP, etc., etc. yXZVmpE.gif

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

VodooShield

Is this an AV ? :tehe: Never wasted my time with it ! :D
@knowledge told me that it would be possible to be asked for some help with some tests : I will help the guys if they need so . F3h9xqz.gif

Just now, Recruit said:
37 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

VodooShield

Is this an AV ? :tehe: Never wasted my time with it ! :D
@knowledge told me that it would be possible to be asked for some help with some tests : I will help the guys if they need so . F3h9xqz.gif

It's a Anti-executable — if you decide to test it, do let me know if it's still possible to terminate VodooShield with Task Manager (it's been a really long time since we last tested it.)

8 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

if it's still possible to terminate VodooShield with Task Manager

Never imagined nowadays could still exists these kind of primitive " solutions " !
If I will be asked, I will do it, and then I will let you know.

However, even a good laugh would be useful sometimes ! :P

knowledge-Spammer
8 hours ago, dcs18 said:

It's a Anti-executable — if you decide to test it, do let me know if it's still possible to terminate VodooShield with Task Manager (it's been a really long time since we last tested it.)

if it's still possible to terminate VodooShield with Task Manager (it's been a really long time since we last tested it.)

yes it can be killed with Task Manager and Process Lasso but i use Process Lasso to kill all things   but yes it have some bugs with things  like that i think

knowledge-Spammer
7 hours ago, 0bin said:

You need to stop the service.

what dcs18  is saying if we can stop the service  and exe then maybe hackers can to ?

i see what he means but will some little tricks maybe not a real big thing ?

i have not did much tests to kill exe and service ? my tests was to make sure program works as wanted or as we need to test program to stop virus and things like that  but i think VodooShield  is doing better then hitman pro alert i think 

For quite a long time, most of us have settled on Process Lasso Pro as our Anti-executable — the Pro edition cannot be terminated by the Task Manager. ;)

Additionally, Process Lasso Pro boasts of the capability to ensure that the executable/s of your choice are prevented from being just closed down. B)

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

Normal User here :lol:

There are only 2 other options — do you prefer Paranoid or maybe Extraterrestrial:—

Spoiler

3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

There are 2 (nah 3) types of Users of ad. blockers:—

Normal Users (like most folks):

These are the ones who depend on Subscription Filter and User (Custom,) Filters as well — in varying ratios as per individual expertise.

Paranoid Users (like me):

I don't use Subscription Filters but prefer only my own User (Custom,) Filters — with a global rule at the root that blocks the internet completely and then begins to allow only those select few sites for which I create allow rules.

Extraterrestrials:

These are the pick of this site — precious, emerging army led by a SysAdmin who deign to block advertisements with their firewall instead of Ad. blocker. You might want to seek their advice — be warned . . . . . . they're a secretive tribe.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

There are only 2 other options — do you prefer Paranoid or maybe Extraterrestrial:—

I like the extremes, so if not for being the normal one, would be the ExtraTerrestrial one :sneaky:

1 minute ago, 0bin said:

@Underaker, does the sysadmin have a personal Vimana inside the undergound bunker?

Been a long time since I had the bunker section available to me. Even when it was I hardly remember going there, infact I remember I had it hidden via my adblocker.

1 minute ago, 0bin said:

sysadmin once told me he has a bunker under home, Batman has a underground facility too,
and extraterrestrial flying on vimana,
everything confirm what @dcs18 said

I don't know, what I can confirm to you is that I'm not the butler Alfred :lol:

17 minutes ago, 0bin said:

What can you say me about the gods with Vimana flying over the skies of India 10000 years ago?

Please tell me if that is true.

We had advanced level of technology at that time.

We even had teleportation back then(you know suddenly disappear and then reappear at some place else)

Undertaker's believe it or not.

We had chatbox back then for these kind of discussion, why don't you put it in the request section for the genie to sort it out, you know winter is coming ummm, Christmas is coming.

Greenify is now 3.7 build 372.

Changelog:—

• Removed the sensitive permission (not in use yet) accidentally introduced in the previous version.
  • "Keep Notification" no longer keeps non-dismissible notifications.
  • On device with Android 8.0, apps targeting 8.0 are correctly recognized as "background-free" now.
  • Improved the launch speed of Greenify.
  • Improved the wake-up tracking in special cases.
  • Fixed a rare bootloop.

Did you realize that today is the 3rd anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan — surprised??? :sneaky:

yOnFtW4.jpg

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived