"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Undertaker

Ok I just remembered that proxy server is a no go option, not because it won't work but because if you use it, your downloads will be limited to 1 connection only and the downloads are not resumable which defeats the purpose of having IDM in the first place. :P 

So, we down to Adguard and router block, I haven't noticed any problem with Adguard block. Plus the site is accessible.

Now if I block it via router, it might work but then site becomes inaccessible but let's see atleast whether it works or no.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Undertaker
11 minutes ago, knowledge said:

if u can or have time inbox me the program and  what u want to do ill test  and see if ways passed the problems u have ?

i not read all comments but see comment about Firewalls and like to help u guys out if i can in someways ?

Hi @knowledge

In short, you have to install and register IDM

Then let it access the net and deregister you.

To do:-

1) Find a way to clean up the system after deregistration and re-register it(check for download, nags and fake serial popup).

2) Block it from bypassing FW, IPSec without patching any files

17 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

I'm gonna give it a try too and lessen the burden on Adguard(which I am using atm).

9 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

So, we down to Adguard and router block, I haven't noticed any problem with Adguard block. Plus the site is accessible.

You might want to publish your Adguard method, whenever you find the time.

knowledge-Spammer
12 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Hi @knowledge

In short, you have to install and register IDM

Then let it access the net and deregister you.

To do:-

1) Find a way to clean up the system after deregistration and re-register it(check for download, nags and fake serial popup).

2) Block it from bypassing FW, IPSec without patching any files

hello my friend

i was thinking the bs with fake serial popup  was fixed long time ago ?

maybe i am wrong as i never liked IDM but i see much people like it

i have some friends who patched this program  is patched version not best ?

I was using idman628build10. Last night, the fake serial window started popping out. I have already blocked 27 ip address via windows firewall. When I look at the TrashReg program, the line that needs to be deleted does not already exist.

- I ran the IDMClenar bat file.
- I made the domain block over the host file again.
- 27 ip address disabled through firewall.
- As I did before, the situation does not change when I enter the random name-surname-e-mail address and the license number I found on the internet. It has some control and fake serial warnings.

Undertaker
2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

You might want to publish your Adguard method, whenever you find the time.

Sure

Can you or anyone else who has suffered that nag/popup export this entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DownloadManager

and upload it online.

Update: Router method works, but like told earlier it will limit the site access also. And it is preventive in nature and not curative.

2 hours ago, knowledge said:

hello my friend

i was thinking the bs with fake serial popup  was fixed long time ago ?

maybe i am wrong as i never liked IDM but i see much people like it

They changed some things again related to activation/registration.

I, personally don't like it patched.

42 minutes ago, Krycek said:

I was using idman628build10. Last night, the fake serial window started popping out. I have already blocked 27 ip address via windows firewall. When I look at the TrashReg program, the line that needs to be deleted does not already exist.

- I ran the IDMClenar bat file.
- I made the domain block over the host file again.
- 27 ip address disabled through firewall.
- As I did before, the situation does not change when I enter the random name-surname-e-mail address and the license number I found on the internet. It has some control and fake serial warnings.

Do you have a system backup image?

Undertaker
26 minutes ago, Krycek said:

Then, it's a work in progress.

But right now, you should be able to complete your downloads without any problem.

It would just show the fake serial at download complete.

Once it shows that, close IDM.

In offline mode, just make one change to your FW rule instead of the IPs use this : 169.32.0.0/11

Restart system. Ping registeridm.com from cmd(as admin) and see it blocks it properly.

Then register your IDM.

Download something and tell the result.

Also if you could post this:-

32 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

and upload it online.

@Undertaker thanks.

According to the information on the first page, we are just doing firewall blocking through "IDMan.exe". So ping always answers.

The IP that was pinged was already blocked. But the IP range you wrote is not on the list. I added it to the list, but it did not work.
Fake license window appeared.

Pinging registeridm.com [169.55.40.5] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 169.55.40.5: bytes = 32 time = 195ms TTL = 47
Reply from 169.55.40.5: bytes = 32 time = 194ms TTL = 47

Undertaker
Just now, Krycek said:

@Undertaker thanks.

According to the information on the first page, we are just doing firewall blocking through "IDMan.exe". So ping always answers.

The IP that was pinged was already blocked. But the IP range you wrote is not on the list. I added it to the list, but it did not work.

Pinging registeridm.com [169.55.40.5] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 169.55.40.5: bytes = 32 time = 195ms TTL = 47

Ok first of all, sorry I asked you to check the ping result, I was trying something else that required ping but not your process, so sorry for that.

Second, I asked to replace and not add it to the list, CIDR is to be used individually.

In the list, I don't have those IP : 66.198.240.5 and 169.32.0.0/11. I had follow it a long time ago but it's seem complete (27)

How could I proceed with WFC to create one logs files ? Because I think I saw another IP (plenty WFC notifications... too much) when I decide to uninstall it.

WFC has create several rules but I got only (or the same) one IP...I can't remember and check it (because apparently, it wasn't register by WFC).

that popup came out a little bit after connecting to a VPN service which is a lot noticeable since i haven't seen it since almost like a year 

Undertaker

With the CIDR FW rule, I'm yet to see IDM bypass my firewall since last evening when I made this change.

need help guys 

cc44c5accd5e47ddbe6ef53a41cff8a9.png

as u can see my system is blind as a bat and i tried all but nothing worked so 

i was wondering if u guys know how to fix this no icons thumbnails situation 

4b0ddabbe14e497ca6e19d45d1acd802.png

4830fa577e964eed803e9aa5a939fd68.png

Undertaker
16 hours ago, Undertaker said:

and upload it online.

Although there were few changes in registry but I don't think they affect the registration status as I was able to restore my activation after deactivation(letting it pass through my firewall).

Undertaker
Just now, Ice Frog said:

@Undertaker are you same person who told me about theadguard feature at wilders?

Hey hi, yes I'm that guy only. :P

And I see, you've been reposting my comments/discussion but only in half.

It's ok but take care next time.

20 hours ago, knowledge said:

Once someone has used the firewall method (s)he won't like to return to a patched IDM — there are many reasons but let me state just a few:—

• The firewall method is extremely durable — Tonec does not find it cost-effective to procure new IPs and hence do not generally target this form of fixing.
  • One just downloads the new build and installs it . . . . . done — you will never find Users posting at the IDM threads how the new release is still working . . . . . that is a given.
  • None of the components lose their digital signature  therefore none of the security systems audit IDM — when Users usually complains that their IDM stalls at 99%, you can bet their copy does not use the firewall method.
  • Users of this method would never ever complain of an IDM crash.
  • For professionals, deployment is clean, efficient and fast — even clients themselves can perform the installation without having to wait for the SysAdmin (that's freedom, for me.)
  • The User is the master — firewalling is an art (check out the posts on this page — you'll find a beautiful picture being painted with different brushes and colors.)
  • Users wait for nobody to reverse-engineer every new release — they're not slaves (remember)
  • Once in a blue moon, even after this method gets pawned, Users do not lose their downloading capabilities — they only have to tolerate pop-us.
  • Users do not need to get worried when I go missing or decide to die — they are the craftsmen not I.

19 hours ago, 0bin said:

Webbrowser zone W10FC, no out communication only in, if he tries to poison my cache dns I see hard for him, here are all dnsmasq and using a PiHole as DNS server, now bad times for ads.

Have been trying out Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus once every 6 months — all those little nuggets you mentioned are available as ready made templates (which is actually a great boon for the average Joe and others venturing into the firewall concept.) Personally, I deleted all of those and crafted my own custom templates.

However, each and every one of those same rules can be accomplished in WFC on a much more intuitive GUI with a great deal of simplicity.

Would also like Users to know that Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus did not perform outstandingly in the GRC ShieldUp Tests. :(

On 10/17/2015 at 2:10 AM, bubbada said:

this works for comodo * profile 0 and no global rules

i have prepared reg file for the 33 idm ips for comodo for profile 0 also needs interaction from comodo so it assigns UIDs by going to Tasks*Firewall Tasks*Open Advanced Settings*global rules and pressing ok

----------------------------------------------------

Updated 13/7/2017

so here's

DL Link for 33 IPs for before Comodo 10

DL Link for 33 IPs for Comodo 10 (& After)

I thought i'd share since last links were dead and there has been a change with Comodo registry settings since version 10.

now updated with the 33 ips.

10 hours ago, Undertaker said:

**To be refined**

**Post addition and Screenshots to be added overtime**

Sounds good.

About the points deleted from the quote, I agree with most of your findings — there are though some things that are just not in consonance.

It's as though the solution is hiding in plain sight — something is just not right, here.

We're being misled and I feel as though I'd written the key to this issue somewhere and if I read back on the pages of this very topic, the answer would reveal itself.

It's time to get back to basics.

8 hours ago, Undertaker said:

@dcs18

What's your IDM status now?

When I was trying out Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus , my trusty WFC was uninstalled completely and my IDM got slaughtered — it's dead, now.

4 hours ago, bubbada said:

I thought i'd share since last link was dead and there has been a change with Comodo registry settings since version 10.

Gonna update the credits one of these days (as soon as I get the time.)

Undertaker
9 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

About the points deleted from the quote, I agree with most of your findings — there are though some things that are just not in consonance.

It's as though the solution is hiding in plain sight — something is just not right, here.

Looking forward to your observations.

9 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

We're being misled and I feel as though I'd written the key to this issue somewhere and if I read back on the pages of this very topic, the answer would reveal itself.

It's time to get back to basics.

You mean the thing about hosts not working or anything else?

What I don't understand is how IP block is not working but CIDR is in my WFC? While both of them work on the same principle.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived