Rollback RX vs AX 64 Time machine

nyanny

I wanted to start a discussion on disaster recovery software, mainly Rollback RX and AX 64 Time machine. These are the two products I am looking at purchasing.

I know there already is a discussion on this topic but it has become quite biased. I'd like to see an impartial opinion on which is better for data recovery.

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nyanny

• Unbekannt

• nanana1

• voidoid

I would recommend you Time Machine for two simple but HIGHLY important facts.

1 - Roolback RX does not allow you to defrag your HDD unless it´s own built-in defrag utility (which sucks compared to PerfectDisk, UltimateDefrag, O&O Defrag or any other you may like).

2 - Roolback RX messes up the windows 7 and above trim commands used for SSD maintenance.

In other words, no matter if you use HDD or SSD, using Roolback RX will render your machine to lose its peak abilities for disk performance.

Edit: I saw in other thread that you stated Roolback RX actually don´t mess with trim commands. I don´t know where you got this info, but is NOT TRUE. Roolback RX blocks trim commands and that´s not an issue, it´s the nature of their software. The products is just made that way.

Source: Myself

Edited by Unbekannt

Rollback will slow your machine down so much that you won't want to use it. Rollback use IO re-direction so doesn't actually make a copy of any data per se so is not really useful for data backup purposes. You can't beat having one or more copies of your data in different places on different disks.

For hard system drive and data back-up, consider Drive Snapshot.

For immediate disaster recovery, unfortunately, Rollback Rx is still the best.

For a little mix of both, AX64TM is the hybrid solution.

However, just be careful and aware that AX64TM has compatibilities issues with a number of software.

Of course, DS & RBrx combination is more powerful than AX64TM. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I only use the tools available backup windows(System Image Backup).
It's really good and easy to use :)

I know there already is a discussion on this topic but it has become quite biased. I'd like to see an impartial opinion on which is better for data recovery.

Neither of those two are good enough for my bucks. :nono:

However, just be careful and aware that AX64TM has compatibilities issues with a number of software.

What software?