Uninstalling Nod32

bouric

Hello I have nod32 7.0.302 installed with marafix. I would like to update it with 7.0.317. It is recommended to uninstall previous Nod 32 version before updating but it is not possible. there is no way to do it .Any suggestion for that (of course it is possible to use the eset special uninstaller tool but it gives problems).thanks

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouric

• H4rDw4rE

• dcs18

• axarad

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to uninstall build 302 to update to build 317 - they both belong to the same V7.

An uninstall is advisable only when upgrading to major version numbers.

• Run the box, mara- fix to use the UnFix function - then, close the box, mara- fix
  • Run the new 7.0.317 setup to finish the installation
  • Do not reboot
  • Run the box, mara- fix again to use the Fix function
  • The box, mara- fix will now activate your ESET
  • If the box, mara- fix does not induce the 7.0.317 update, you can update it manually
  • The 7.0.317 will then download a big update.
  • After the updating is over, you can close the box, mara- fix
  • Don' forget to reboot
  • Once at the Desktop you can start re-configuring your ESET (if required)

This is how I do my stuff - there are probably various other different ways, too.

Edited by dcs18

If you still want to uninstall it there is official application to unninstall eset products.

Please check link below.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=soln2289#Win_7

There is some other tools which can uninstall almost all antivirus (try google) or use this link:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/removal-tools-%28uninstallers%29-for-common-antivirus-software-1107.html

dcs18 : i tried it but when I run 7.0.317 I have got a message : Service 'eset service (ekn) could not be stopped .verify that you have sufficient privilège to stop system service so I cant continue to install it.

What to do ? thanks

ps: finally I did it but before installing the new version I had to déactivate Kernel service and to reboot my PC

H4rDw4rE : Yes I know I have mentionned it but I dont want to use it If there is another way

Edited by bouric

Sorry.

Not sure what problems it cause, but ok, it is your decision.

Did you try to disable self defense?

After doing that you should be able to stop service.

Did you try safe mode to make changes and disable startup of eset?

Edited by H4rDw4rE®

Thanks H4rDw4rE When applying the fix for the first time it ask you to disable self defense so I did it and reboot But it is when i installed the new version that I have got the message previously mentionned. So I solved it by déactivating the service and reboot..I have got now my 7.0.317 perfectly running thanks to marafix.

dcs18 : i tried it but when I run 7.0.317 I have got a message : Service 'eset service (ekn) could not be stopped .verify that you have sufficient privilège to stop system service so I cant continue to install it.

What to do ? thanks

I suspect that your account might probably not be an Administrator account. :think:

ps: finally I did it but before installing the new version I had to déactivate Kernel service and to reboot my PC

So I solved it by déactivating the service and reboot..I have got now my 7.0.317 perfectly running thanks to marafix.

Glad you finally resolved your issue. :)