Here comes the black market for XP patches

anuseems

For most people, XP patches will be unobtainable through legitimate channels

From Computerworld:

Well, it used to anyway. Microsoft appears to have decided that it wasn't getting enough customers for the program, so it cut the price. Companies have told Computerworld about great deals that Microsoft agreed to at the last minute, including one said to have gotten its XP patches for the bargain price of $25 per machine.

I know what you're thinking: "There's no way I could afford $200 a PC for patches. But $25? Sign me up!"

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9247873/Steven_J._Vaughan_Nichols_Here_comes_the_black_market_for_XP_patches

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcs18

• rudrax

• DesiPirate

• CODYQX4

Companies have told Computerworld about great deals that Microsoft agreed to at the last minute, including one said to have gotten its XP patches for the bargain price of $25 per machine.

:omg: M$ wants to support Xp so badly. :pirate: never paid for the OS or for the updates :lmao:

:lol: So now its windows 8.1 update(whatever) pissing in a** .But why not simply use the OS for browsing,music.......... rather than pissing.

Thank god. I do not have it near me.Its horrible even to imagine, going to the loo with pants on.

Edited by DesiPirate

Let's all be snarky to somehow boost our pathetic egos.

Well said...the worst thing about the internet is that if you participate in a forum you just can't avoid reading snide, arrogant and offensive remarks from some guys who think that what they like or approve of is the standard that we all must agree to. There used to be a saying "Safety in numbers" for those who were bullies...now it's "Safety in anonymity". There really is no need for anyone to put other people down or ridicule them. It's not so difficult to be polite and friendly. Personally I've received a lot of help and good advice from the guys on Nsane....even though they know I love XP LOL

All people are not the same. That's why diversity exists in this world. People have different tastes. Some can't catch up with fast changing things. Some don't even like the change. Some people like to stay compromised, some don't.

That's the nature's rule. Let's not try to defy it as it's correct already. So rest in peace.

Make no mistake XP for me is a whore - I can't be expected to treat a slut like my wife. :evil:

That's how you think. Some people's whore is someone's wife. So don't spoil their happy family with xp revealing those dark secrets between you and xp.

Edited by rudrax

I don't attack people, I attack the issue/s - I pissed on XP, not on those who chose to use XP. ;)

So, what are you doing here? Taking revenge on xp? :tooth:

There's nothing to take revenge - what act, can an abandoned & discarded child of an adulterous parent commit that could possibly call for revenge? :)

Strange things to do with an OS like pissing,sleeping,marriage........but I do not believe in these strange ideas.I believe an OS should be treated as an OS only and nothing more.So this will be my last post in this thread.But there is atleast another one who believes in same strange ideas so continue the discussion or open new thread Best wishes for those who think they are married to an OS.