Microsofts new, new Windows cadence: Once a year is not enough

anuseems

What comes after Windows 8.1 Update? Sources say a second update is on its way, and that Microsoft's unified OS group is picking up the delivery pace.

From All About Microsoft:

Just a year ago, Microsoft officials were crowing about Windows' much improved delivery cadence. Instead of rolling out a new version of Windows once every 2.5 to three years, the team was now on something closer to an annual rollout schedule.

But the nine-month-young unified Operating System Group (OSG)at Microsoft is now gunning to go even faster.

Russian leaker WZor is claiming that there will be an update 2 for Windows 8.1 coming this September. My sources say that date could be August. In either case, a second update looks like it will hit just five or six months after Microsoft made Windows 8.1 Update available.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-new-new-windows-cadence-once-a-year-is-not-enough-7000028638/

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackchildcx

• mjall

• mastershake

• anuseems

Instead of rolling out a new version of Windows once every 2.5 to three years, the team was now on something closer to an annual rollout schedule.

But the nine-month-young unified Operating System Group (OSG)at Microsoft is now gunning to go even faster.

Russian leaker WZor is claiming that there will be an update 2 for Windows 8.1 coming this September.

Yeah, baby - bring it on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I love these updates & upgrades!!! :rockon:

Blackchildcx

I

I hope november_ra1n will be back to bring us download links when Update 2 or 8.2 arrives..

hope November_ra1n is fine and well....

would love to have him back for his great work for nsane down/nsane forums.....

but I think we know why hes gone for such a long time...

Edited by Blackchildcx

Yes, of course we all on forums hope NR will be back soon?. ..we... hope

He left again? Please tell me it's not because his topic was closed when it reached 100 pages?

Cheers ;)

Blackchildcx

He left again? Please tell me it's not because his topic was closed when it reached 100 pages?

Cheers ;)

Im not sure, but that pissed him of I guess...

anyway...He and only he knows what to do! But he is missed...Ahh I remember there was a similar situation with Shajd..Diskeeper 11 patch maker...

google does it every week on my android phone so why not MS; I don't see anything wrong in what they are saying; mobile apps is very fast pace industry whereby you have to constantly keep updating the OS to meet modern apps