Microsoft fixes issue that caused some Windows XP PCs not to boot up

anuseems

Microsoft has fixed an issue with its antivirus definitions in Microsoft Security Essentials that was causing some Windows XP PCs not to boot up earlier this week

From Neowin:

Microsoft has since released new definitions for MSE and the other programs that support the download, so the booting issues with Windows XP should now be resolved. In a blog post, Microsoft said, "While the issue primarily impacted customers running Microsoft security products on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, it may have also impacted other supported operating system versions." So anyone who is running MSE on their PC might want to go ahead and grab the new update.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-fixes-issue-that-caused-some-windows-xp-pcs-not-to-boot-up

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CPowell46

• banned

• anuseems

• jackieo

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A JOKE....XP AT EOS AND THIS FUCKUP....PISS POOR M$

Edited by jackieo

Has anybody noticed that, 12 days after Doomsday, the dreaded Attack of the Hackers (sounds like a 1950s monster-movie title) hasn't happened? And it won't. The motivation for the panic-mongering was the same as the motivation for the Y2K hoax: greed. Of course, most of the people who professed to be terrified of the Y2K Catastrophe were perfectly sincere, as were most of the people who professed to be terrified of the Windows XP Catastrophe. In both cases, ignorant and gullible people had fallen for a con. (If I may pat myself on the back, I wasn't taken in for a moment by either con.)

Seems Microsoft is a greater threat to the XP user than are the legions of fiendish hackers.

Edited by CPowell46

Seems Microsoft is a greater threat to the XP user than are the legions of fiendish hackers.

Well said. It would be wise to scrutinize any XP-related updates from Microsoft at this point. They're usually nothing more than crippling features or annoying warnings about end of support.

The record shows that It's a very good idea to scrutinize very carefully any updates from Microsoft at any time.

That too :)

Microsoft tries brainwashing their users into believing newer is better. They're pretty good at fooling people, but I'm not one of them.

Edited by banned

Hardware is improving all the time. Software sometimes gets better, sometimes gets worse...but Microsoft makes their money from software, so they want you to think newer is always better. In their case, this hasn't been true for years.

• 3 weeks later...