Stardock Start8 1.40

jalaffa

Bring back the Windows Start menu with Start8. Start8 returns the same Windows 7-style Start menu you have depended upon, while adding enhancements just for Windows 8. Quickly access your applications, devices, music, videos and documents the way you always have with Start 8. Features include a Windows 7-style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements; Search for Windows 8-style (Modern UI) apps; Pin desktop and Metro apps; Boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop; Make the Windows 8 Start screen accessible from the Start menu; Jump List support; Unified Search for apps, settings and files; One click access to shut down, devices, music, documents, and videos. In addition to that, it offers Configurable Start menu size; Clean, streamlined UI; Option to disable the desktop Windows 8 "hot spots"; Changing of "Start" button, and a lot more!

Download

• Replies 14
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Olexijl

• dcs18

• crysis

• eurotrash

still like start is back way better...and it was only 2 us dollars...i actually bought it

I'm using the Start8, right now - but, do like the StartIsBack, which I find is one-step better.

still like start is back way better...and it was only 2 us dollars...i actually bought it

I'm using the Start8, right now - but, do like the StartIsBack, which I find is one-step better.

i am also using startisback and it just returned the start button and that what i was only wishes it to do , so even remain with "old" version is not issue for me.

so it doesnt matter if u are using startisback or start8 , both deliver a great !

peace :)

Edited by demoneye

Start8 Bug:-

Settings on the GUI supersede the ones made through GPO (post-boot, too - that's serious.) :thumbsdown:

peace :)

Like For The ::: Peace :::: Part :P Though I Can't See Any Out There

Edited by nanoman

Well, will this one work with the update launching in april?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Since the download of Start8 1.40 contains bloatware i decided to upload the version i bought. You can recognize the bought version by the ending _sd.exe on it. It does only contain the usual software.

Site: http://www.datafilehost.com/
Sharecode: /d/8366d70a [?]

MD5: C281579F83763AA2BDE70E41E651D28B

Hello Guys;

Fİrst, Sorry for my english is bad

Steps
1.Download patch for start8 1.40
2.uninstall start8 previous version
3.Unlock locked files using the app

Lock Hunter:http://lockhunter.com/

4.İnstall app start8
5.Disable Start8 service
6.Follow the step 3 again (selecting the start8 folder)
7.Run Patch app
8.Enjoy :)

Note:Add will Screenshot

Sİte:http://www.datafilehost.com/

www.datafilehost.com/d/37e7d1a2

Edited by crysis

@crysis: Lockhunter is not the best app to unlock files. Check Unlocker v.1.92 for more info and comparison.

However the installer contains additional bloatware which you have to uncheck for installation. But the main Software Unlocker is actually the most powerful.

Edited by Olexijl

Finally. I was really worried that no preactivated installer could be found.