Spy Sweeper 4.x Updater

nsane

• Replies 133
  • Views 85.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody have a program whereby you can change the old updater's (3.0) URL to the new one (4.x.x), and put a command line which would randomize the <random-5-digit-number> the <random-2-digit-number> and the <random-10-digit-number> ? :wacko: It does not seem to be that difficult. Or is it? :unsure:

Zsolt

viva la revolution viva Spy Sweeper ! ! !

Does anybody have a program whereby you can change the old updater's (3.0) URL to the new one (4.x.x), and put a command line which would randomize the <random-5-digit-number> the <random-2-digit-number> and the <random-10-digit-number> ? :wacko:  It does not seem to be that difficult. Or is it?  :o

Zsolt

viva la revolution viva Spy Sweeper ! ! !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not much point to do that, it's not telling if your defs are up top date anyway. If I had a VB compiler I'd give it a try, since I have some time on my hands :o. Maybe I will look into scripting or doing it as a bat.

Still waiting for somekind of "universal patch" for SpySweeper Trial... The manual update method is so-so and very relative. Sometimes is not the same size, sometimes the file is corrupt and some times the file cannot be downloaded. The first line of defense against spyware must have a solid / trustworthy app and reliability for the definitions as well. :D

Guest Greg214

I don't mind the manual updating so long as this thread keeps the links hot for us to get the latest ones. course a stand alone app would be a nice bonus uh huh uh huh... :D

Guest Greg214

that xmoser updater is a virus called webget so now ur infected. always scan ur downloads . i dunno why xmoser is posting a link for a virus on his homepage, but someone should look further into this and investigate his intentions here. :D

if u need quick fix to clean it get the cleaner at www.moosoft.com

that xmoser updater is a virus called webget so now ur infected. always scan ur downloads . i dunno why xmoser is posting a link for a virus on his homepage, but someone should look further into this and investigate his intentions here. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure? Cause I didn't get a virus. I use NOD32. Maybe it was a virus and NOD32 missed it? :D :blink:

Guest Greg214

yup am sure the cleaner caught it.

Name: Webget

Created: September 10th, 2003

Modified: Never

Aliases: None

Type: Dropper

This is a small trojan that contains another trojan. It's purpose is to hide the real trojan.

yup am sure the cleaner caught it.

Name:  Webget 

Created:  September 10th, 2003 

Modified:  Never 

Aliases:  None 

Type:  Dropper

This is a small trojan that contains another trojan. It's purpose is to hide the real trojan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you´re wrong my friend...Must be a false positive indeed. Take a look on my results:

- NOD32 2.51.8 -> Found Nothing

- BitDefender Professional Plus 9 -> Found Nothing

- Kaspersky Pro 5.0.390 -> Found Nothing

- McAfee Enterprise 8.0i -> Found Nothing

- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate 10 -> Found Nothing

- Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006 -> Found Nothing

- Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2006 -> Found Nothing

So, Where is the trojan???

Guest Greg214
does the file i linked to come back as a virus?
no that file is clean. the wget.exe scans clean. the one on xmosers page is something different than that one u linked to.

I don't understand why the cleaner catches it and all those other scanners do not. It's kinda rattling my thinking a little.

does the file i linked to come back as a virus?
no that file is clean. the wget.exe scans clean. the one on xmosers page is something different than that one u linked to.

I don't understand why the cleaner catches it and all those other scanners do not. It's kinda rattling my thinking a little.

First off Greg let me the be the first one to tell to take a deep breath and calm down, do not be so RUDE when you try to prove a point....especially here to nsane, who is only trying to help others and in the process spending a huge amount of his time... Did you ever stop to think that it could have been a false positive??? it happens you know..getting back the not being RUDE once again.... what purpose does it serve to be rude when to don't have to be.... it only takes away your credibility and years from now when people ask ... hey do you remember Greg.... the answere will always be you mean that rude jerk... yea i remember that ass.... :(

Guest Greg214

well honestly i don't care if u remember me as rude, but you will rememeber me as being honest and forthright. I am trying to tell you guys that this file has some questionable attributes in it and that concerns me not only for myself but for others on this site. so if you think it is rude for me to look out for the welfare of others than go right ahead and think that. The bottom line is that my anti-virus software determined the file to have virii coding in it of some sort. Now whether or not other scanners caught it or not really doesn't concern me, and trying to shatter the credibility of the truth I have told you merely makes you look ignorant. the threat level of this file may not be extremely high or even worth making a big deal about, but I for one will not use the file on my system.

Well, Definitively I´m not here to fight and argue for a stupid false positive. C´mon...The greatest anti-virus engines such as Kaspersky, NOD32, BitDefender and Mcafee Enterprise are completely wrong!! I know...Because, the Supreme /Ultimate and well known anti-virus engine called " The Cleaner" by MooSoft has found a severe and powerful trojan. Ohhhhh....Now I understood!! It´s a unknown trojan from another world....Must be a very dangerous threat!!Poor Kaspersky and NOD32...These are no longer the best stuff. :blink: Now MOOSOFT RULES!!! Excuse me guys, I must go and format my partition! Since I´m now "infected" by this new unprecedent trojan.... :(

take that Greg...... and i thought you were rude...now i have to talk someone about being sarcastic...nah maybe not.... it would take too long and i would jst start a war of words with two people.... besides , you did deserve it :rolleyes:

Archived