Brussels is taking place this year's annual major conferences FOSDEM https://fosdem.org/2014/. On this occasion, was released the fourth version of the Linux Mageia .http://blog.mageia.o...heres-mageia-4/
Language: Multilanguage - https://wiki.mageia....ailable_locales
Developer: http://www.mageia.org/en/4/ / https://wiki.mageia....4_Release_Notes
CPU: AMD or prots.Intel
HDD: 4GB minimum
RAM: 512 MB minimum
Mageia - based on GNU / Linux, a free operating system. This is a community project supported by the non-profit organization of elected members. Draft Mageia (IAC) was launched in September 2010 as a fork of Mandriva Linux. Supported architectures i586 and x86-64. Available images with Mageia, using as a graphical environment KDE, GNOME. In addition to a secure, stable and sustainable operating system for computers, community development goal is to create a stable and reliable control system to create and coordinate joint projects.
* The structure of standard DVD-assemblies distribution vklyuchkeny user environment Cinnamon 2.0 and Mate 1.6, continuing the development of the classical style desktop GNOME 2;
* Updated version of GNOME 3.10 and KDE 4.11.5. The user can also use the opportunity environments Razor-qt 0.5.2, Enlightenment 0.17.5, LXDE and Xfce 4.10;
* After the first login, regardless of the desktop environment starts MageiaWelcome, the interface for the first acquaintance with the system. It is proposed to review five pages with links to tips for using the distribution and means to perform common operations such as setting the parameters of the system, the installation of popular programs and the inclusion of additional repositories (eg, for use proprietary components such as skype, drivers and codecs).
* Updated versions of system components: the kernel Linux 3.12, systemd 208, RPM 4.11, GCC 4.8.2, Perl 5.18.1;
* Updated version of the graphics stack components and custom applications, including Mesa 10.0.2, X Server 1.14.5, Qt 4.8.5, Libreoffice 188.8.131.52, Calligra 2.7.5, AbiWord 3.0, VLC 2.1.2, Amarok 2.8. 0;
* Experimental support for boot on systems with UEFI;
* Enable the use of the loader GRUB2, but the default is still used GRUB1;
* Support for high-resolution screen (FullHD +);
* Changes in the installer: To generate initrd-images involved Dracut. Added interface to configure RAID;
* The work on the translation of many system applications with GTK +2 to GTK +3. For example, in GTK +3 translated configurators drak *, gurpmi, net_monitor, rpmdrake, transfugdrake and userdrake.
Graphical applications that require elevated privileges, converted to use PolKit;
* Support for interaction with mobile devices via MTP (Media Transport Protocol), used to access internal memory devices based on Android 4;
* Registration of ISO-images in a hybrid representation suitable for recording on USB Flash;
Edited by cinda30, 02 February 2014 - 04:14 PM.