ESET v4 Fixes

shought

How does the box, mara-fix work? Meaning does the trial stay fixed at 31 no matter what, or do I have to restart my computer within the 31 days in order for it to reset?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it will show 31 days always.

You just have to follow instructions during installation.

Cheers

Jofre

Thanks! I have another question: Why do we need multiple fixes? Isn't the box-mara fix enough to satisfy?

Box-mara fix make it a trial version always!

For the rest of fix such as Nodlogin or MiNodlogin, make it a full version by inserting U/P from website.

To each their own.

At least you have a choice.

Cheers.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 200k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happily using the Nodlogin method :)

Why do we need multiple fixes? Isn't the box-mara fix enough to satisfy?

Just to be sure:

you should not use multiple fixes at the same time.

(Not sure whether you meant that or not, but this is just to be sure :))

The only difference between a trial version (using the box, mara-fix) and a full version (using one of the password inserters) is that the trial version might be a little slow with definition updates when the ESET servers are having high load... So sometimes you might be like a week behind on definitions (happens like once a year, I guess).

I'm still using it though, I don't worry about that week :)

What's the difference between NodLogin 10.0.1 and NodEnabler 3.2.4, and how often do they insert license keys?

What's the difference between NodLogin 10.0.1 and NodEnabler 3.2.4, and how often do they insert license keys?

I guess if you were to read from page 1 onwards, you would have fallen asleep!:blink:

Nodlogin depend on one server for its U/P which is maintain by Ulisesoft.

NodEnabler depend on a few websites which is giving out the U/P.

How often they insert U/P depends on yourself, you can update it manually.

Anyway, not sure if NodEnabler is still working though.

The only difference between a trial version (using the box, mara-fix) and a full version (using one of the password inserters) is that the trial version might be a little slow with definition updates when the ESET servers are having high load... So sometimes you might be like a week behind on definitions (happens like once a year, I guess).

Don't you also have to do program updates manually, un-fixing ESET first?

Same goes for the other fixes, only I'm not sure whether they have to be 'unfixed' first. Think not.

Why do we need multiple fixes? Isn't the box-mara fix enough to satisfy?

Just to be sure:

you should not use multiple fixes at the same time.

(Not sure whether you meant that or not, but this is just to be sure :))

I'm still using it though, I don't worry about that week :)

Don't you not get COMPONENT updates when using the trial?

For example my 4.2.40.0 has a Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1279 (20100629)

What do you mean program updates? You mean from Nod32 4.2.40 to 4.2.58?

What do you mean program updates? You mean from Nod32 4.2.40 to 4.2.58?

:nono: He probably is referring to PCU (Program Component Updates) - updating of the engines. ;)

The trial fix do update program modules.

That's what I thought.

Okay, so let's say that Nod32 does miss a week of updates; won't the missed updates just be included with the next successful update?

Don't you not get COMPONENT updates when using the trial?

For example my 4.2.40.0 has a Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1279 (20100629)

Nope, you get component updates when using the trial.

The only updates you don't get are from for instance: 4.2 to 4.3, or subversions of these.

'Version Updates' and 'Program Component Updates' are two different things. NOD32 does not auto-update/upgrade to a new version - this feature continues to remain on the long-standing wishlist.

The 'Program Component Updates' depend on User configuration - check the following illustrations:-

2wluk3s.jpg

1zd3zt5.jpg

That's what I thought.

Okay, so let's say that Nod32 does miss a week of updates; won't the missed updates just be included with the next successful update?

. . . . . . . missed updates are included. :D

That's what I thought.

. . . . . . . missed updates are included. :D

That's what I thought, so it's no big deal.

PsychoticxBloodxLust

I guess if you were to read from page 1 onwards, you would have fallen asleep!:blink:

Nodlogin depend on one server for its U/P which is maintain by Ulisesoft.

NodEnabler depend on a few websites which is giving out the U/P.

How often they insert U/P depends on yourself, you can update it manually.

Anyway, not sure if NodEnabler is still working though.

NodLogin is dead and has been replaced by another app, and NodEnabler hasn't been working since 4.2.40 you can message me for the app name if you like kotaXor trying to keep it from getting blacklisted

NodLogin is dead and has been replaced by another app, and NodEnabler hasn't been working since 4.2.40 you can message me for the app name if you like kotaXor trying to keep it from getting blacklisted

Just checked; NodLogin is working fine enough . . . . . . . for me. ;)

PsychoticxBloodxLust

Just checked; NodLogin is working fine enough . . . . . . . for me. ;)

well then thats good news what version are running dcs18?

@ PsychoticxBloodxLust

It's NodLogin_10.0.1

@ thylacine

Yup, the U/P's are getting blacklisted more often than ever. However, the license U/P that I'm using currently has lasted me since a couple of weeks (fingers crossed.)

Hi, I'm running into some troubles with the updates as I get a "Invalid Username / Password" warning message. This prevents me from getting new updates since the 6th of July (8 days now).

What can I do to solve this situation?

Thanks!

capturegye.png

Add this as your custom server:

http://update.eset.com/eset_eval/

You'll probably get a big update. After that, restore to automatic selection of servers.

Cheers ;)

Thanks it worked like a charm!!

But I found out that my list of servers was empty before adding the one you pointed out. Is this normal? If not where can I find the list so I can add it manually?

nod32s.png

Archived