Chrome doesn't update

Yorel

Hi all:

I realized I have different versions of Chrome on my work's laptop and PC, at home. In laptop I have 32.0.1700.41 m Aura but at home is 31.0.1650.63 m. If I go to About Google Chrome it looks for new version but says it its up to date. I downloaded Chrome from official page but it installs 31.0.1650.63 m again.

Really don't know why in the laptop the version is newest when I didn't configure any special in Chrome.

Thanks

Edited by Yorel

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yorel

• Catoja

• november_ra1n

• SlimRock

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:

I realized I have different versions of Chrome on my work's laptop and PC, at home. In laptop I have 32.0.1700.41 m Aura but at home is 31.0.1650.63 m. If I go to About Google Chrome it looks for new version but says it its up to date. I downloaded Chrome from official page but it installs 31.0.1650.63 m again.

Really don't know why in the laptop the version is newest when I didn't configure any special in Chrome.

Thanks

The 31, is the official version (the one i have now). 32 is a beta/alpha release.

Code names like AURA, indicated a beta or alpha state.

Happy new year.

Edited by Catoja

Hi all:

Thanks

this isn't a bug with the Chrome. You're part of a small set of lucky stable channel users that get the new release candidate early. :)

Hi all:

Thanks

this isn't a bug with the Chrome. You're part of a small set of lucky stable channel users that get the new release candidate early. :)

Lucky heheheh i used to be on that list, too buggy 4 me.

Thanks for your replies.

I had the same problem since i have install Google Chrome Standalone Enterprise msi [31.0.1650.63] Edition update will be successful. You need to uninstall Chrome install this edition below:

november, what's the difference in Enterprise Edition and what edition is installed in my PC right now?, I don't see it.

Edited by Yorel

november_ra1n

november, what's the difference in Enterprise Edition and what edition is installed in my PC right now?, I don't see it.

When i install and download Google Chrome from front page which was exe file was not working for me every time when i want to update it was giving me error since i have install msi file above i could update the Google without any problem i guess there is no difference between them in terms of functionality,

Edited by november_ra1n

When i install and download Google Chrome from front page which was exe file was not working for me every time when i want to update it was giving me error since i have install msi file above i could update the Google without any problem i guess there is no difference between them in terms of functionality,

Ok, clear now. I'll install that edition and update the topic with the results ;)

Surfing a bit I found this:

k7zs.jpg

There are 5 Channels in Chrome Releases:

• Stable-> This channel has gotten the full testing and blessing of the Chrome test team, and is the best bet to avoid crashes and other issues. It's updated roughly every two-three weeks for minor releases, and every 6 weeks for major releases.
  • Beta-> If you are interested in seeing what's next, with minimal risk, Beta channel is the place to be. It's updated every week roughly, with major updates coming every six weeks, more than a month before the Stable channel will get them.
  • Dev-> Want to see what's happening quickly, then you want the Dev channel. The Dev channel gets updated once or twice weekly, and it shows what we're working on right now. There's no lag between major versions, whatever code we've got, you will get. While this build does get tested, it is still subject to bugs, as we want people to see what's new as soon as possible.
  • Canary. Canary builds are the bleeding edge. Released daily, this build has not been tested or used, it's released as soon as it's built. Because there's no guarantee that it will even run in some cases, it uses it's own profile and settings, and can be run side by side another Chrome channel. By default, it also reports crashes and usage statistics to Google (you can disable this on the download page). .This is the newest version and could be installed in parallel with your other channel. In the download page you could see this warning: it's designed for developers and early adopters, and can sometimes break down completely.
  • Other builds-> If you're absolutely crazy, you can download the latest working (and that's a very loose definition of working) build by going to the Chromium continuous build waterfall, looking at the number near the top under "LKGR", and then going to this Google Storage bucket and downloading the corresponding build.

You can see all channels versions for Windows, MAC, Android from this link and download whatever you want/dare :D

Edited by Yorel

unknownasphyxiated

for me,i prefer to download offline installer because sometimes online downloader cannot finish the download due to unknown problem

plus with offline installer, you can choose to install in appdata or program files

for me,i prefer to download offline installer because sometimes online downloader cannot finish the download due to unknown problem

plus with offline installer, you can choose to install in appdata or program files

While using Online installer, when you are prompted with UAC, select No & Chrome will be automatically installed in the Appdata folder!

Blackchildcx

Yep-as I used chrome I had the same issue. Auto update(even if opend about chrome) never worked.

Recommendation...

Thrash chrome and surfe with a bit of a less speed and a big privacy improvement..

cheers!!

Opera and Firefox auto updates are working flawless ;-)

Edited by Blackchildcx

Just look at my chrome version and its 32.0.1700.41 m Aura so weird :unsure: i always update my chrome when chrome says so...never d/l any other version manually B)

Edited by demoneye

Just look at my chrome version and its 32.0.1700.41 m Aura so weird :unsure: i always update my chrome when chrome says so...never d/l any other version manually B)

I decided to install manually Dev version and now I have 33.0.1750.5 dev-m. At the moment everything is ok (I did backup of 'Default' directory as they advice in the link above).

Edited by Yorel

I decided to install manually Dev version and now I have 33.0.1750.5 dev-m. At the moment everything is ok (I did backup of 'Default' directory as they advice in the link above).

How about FireFox Bro? Just asking, cause I have 250kb,s download Speed & FireFox works great with I.D.M. :)

How about FireFox Bro? Just asking, cause I have 250kb,s download Speed & FireFox works great with I.D.M. :)

I decided to uninstall it 1 year ago or so. It consumed a lot of memory. I know it's 26 version, don't know if they fixed the memory problem nowadays.

Edited by Yorel

Works a lot faster for me, including memory problem, solved(-V.26) But it could just be for me ;)

Works a lot faster for me, including memory problem, solved(-V.26) But it could just be for me ;)

Thanks for your impression. I'll update it and check out the improves :rolleyes: