• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEmpathicEar

• STEEL

• locoJoe

• WRonce

OK this is what some are saying on TPB about the patch by BRD for AnyDVD

1.) Anydvdtray.exe don't start after patching.
2.) The Patcher creates a file BRD.dll. Why?

How are things working out for those that have actually applied the patch? Any issues? Have you actually used the new cracked version to circumvent new protection or are you just looking at the "about" section in AnyDVD where it says registered, because sometimes (alot of times) these type of patches are only cosmetic. I dont feel good about this patch, and my hunches are usually correct. I am gonna hold off for now. Anyways I dont have any new discs that need AnyDVDs attention right now. g/l have fun.

Edit: Anyone having the file BRD.dll after patching? Could you send it to VT.com and post the results?

Edited by locoJoe

Give a try to this torrent

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9415029/

Comment Is it working or not?

Thanx for the VT results and the pre-patched files torrent but it all seems a little fishy to me. No offense intended, if you had a hand in the cracking/patching of AnyDVD I mean no disrespect. If you didnt have a hand in the cracking then you will not be able to answer myconcerns and Im back to where I started...being skepticle. My main concern is why the extra file(BRD.dll)? And the fact that it was flagged as a trojan by quite a few AVs on VT.com. The other thing is the files themselves(BRD.dll and ElbyCDIO)...why are they set to hidden and protected? I have my folder options set to view hidden files but to hide "protective Operating System" files. The only way I could "see" the files was to untick the option to "Hide protected operating System" files!?!...so they are "more than" just hidden in my estimation. Like I said no big hurry to update for me...again thanx for the info tho. :)

SlySoft.AnyDVD.HD.v7.3.9.0.Multilingual.Cracked-BRD

Site: http://rghost.net/

Sharecode: /51295307 [?]

Crack/patch only:

Sharecode: /51295287 [?]

iNSTALL NOTES

1. Install the program.

2. Reboot.

3. Close the program if it is active in the taskbar.

3. Run our patcher and press 'Patch' button.

4. Enjoy another quality release by BRD!

Thanx, great work, patch works = to no Virus(false hits). Great Job :thumbsup:

Thanx, great work, patch works = to no Virus(false hits). Great Job :thumbsup:

That is not stricly true

People have thought that way before and ended up with a trojan installed.

TheEmpathicEar

I believe "ElbyCDIO.dll" [which we have seen before - it was a crack that worked by itself for quite a while] has been cracked by BRD to reference "BRD.dll" that somehow circumvents the usually validation that AnyDVD does [like checking a key file, etc.]. Just becuz U get positive hits for viruses does not mean there really is a virus. BRD is usually pretty reliable.

BUT, as folks are commenting: "Use as your own risk".

Edited by TheEmpathicEar

Even so, it must not be Hidden!!!

Why does it matter? It's all shown in the patch log, it's not like they're trying to hide that information from you.

Even so, it must not be Hidden!!!

Why does it matter? It's all shown in the patch log, it's not like they're trying to hide that information from you.

Its been my experiance that nothings happens by accident. I must therefor presume that there is a reason for the files attributes. The reason can not be for AnyDVDs sake..It may be benign..it may not be....but why? I will admit that you are probably right in assuming that the dll's are safe, but as I said before, why chance it? I would use the trial reset by John Who before I would employ such a patch...but to each his own. g/l have fun.

So much nonsense. The file is clean. If you don't want to use it, don't use it.

famous last words...Ive seen these exact same words typed many times in many forums...only to be followed up by a "I need help with a virus" post submitted by the same member but logging on with a different IP, if ya know what Im talking about!?! g/l have fun.

Its been my experiance that nothings happens by accident. I must therefor presume that there is a reason for the files attributes. The reason can not be for AnyDVDs sake..It may be benign..it may not be....but why? I will admit that you are probably right in assuming that the dll's are safe, but as I said before, why chance it? I would use the trial reset by John Who before I would employ such a patch...but to each his own. g/l have fun.

"Chance" what? The file is clean.

You talk as if BRD is the new kid on the block. But like I said before, if you don't trust it, don't use it.

@locoJoe

I think there are no needs to be worry about BRD's AnyDVD rls, since they have been cracking it since years now, and I don't remember any issues about it. The thing about the extra "BRD" dll file, is related to the implemented technique to crack the program, I think it has to do with the "injection" method used for others targets by crackers as Admin@Crack. Respect the two hidden files, well, I don't know why it is like that, but they both are mentioned clearly in the patch's log, so they are no that "secret" files really.

About the problems "potential" virus might cause, well it's not about this specific rls. only, but about all from the same kind. I think, since you never know for sure if they are false positives or not, the best would be unpacking them first, and see how they work internally. And if that couldn't be done, well, there is always other options, like taking the "supposed" risks it involves, or simply don't using it if you are too afraid of that. B)

Edited by Sentry

SlySoft.AnyDVD.HD.v7.3.9.0.Multilingual.Cracked-BRD

Sharecode: /51295307 [?]

Crack/patch only:

Sharecode: /51295287 [?]

These downloads are clean...

The previous cracked dll that we downloaded and used for months was derived from BRD's last Patcher.

If you don't like it you can follow BRD's suggestion:

If your AV claims about this is a virus and you are unsure, don't use it.

... and open your wallet.