What Have You Been Reading?

Turk

Would you like to share your current leisure time reading with the Forum members?

Please post it here, preferably with a cover page snapshot. Thanks.

I have actually been reading: Pierre-Joseph Proudhon's two books: General Idea of The Revolution; and Property is Theft

16bf3pu.jpg2gtoyo0.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krishnamurti - Comments on life matters

I finished a few weeks ago "Sandworms of Dune" by Brian Herbert. The son of the legendary Frank Herbert of the Dune saga.

I highly recommend all the Dune novels Brian wrote after his dad passed away :lol:

I have been reading and studying for a couple of years now..The wonderfull 5 volume set card college by Roberto giobbi..It has elevated my card magic to a whole new level..Maximum respect to the man :)

ldba.jpg

Self-help books...yawn. Anyone ever notice that these "gurus" basically just rip off famous philosophers of ages past, repackage them and then make a profit off of other people's misery? Now I know why Deepak Chopra always feels so good, you guys keep making him rich. :lol:

Anyway for me this isn't the first time but it was about time for a reread. Exquisite work:

tumblr_mdns5vKVsM1rbj6m8o1_400.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Currently

poHNJKE.jpg

Something is wrong in Niceville. . .
A boy literally disappears from Main Street. A security camera captures the moment of his instant, inexplicable vanishing.

An audacious bank robbery goes seriously wrong: four cops are gunned down; a TV news helicopter is shot and spins crazily out of the sky, triggering a disastrous cascade of events that ricochet across twenty different lives over the course of just thirty-six hours.

ken follett book two of his most recent trilogy fall of giants was book... one book two is winter of the world third book will not be published until late 2014

I Just had a Feeling of Nostalgia and then i Picked Up an Old Thriller Novel that i saw yesterday while we were helping to Clean a Friends Basement .. Its an Old Classic From James Hadley Chase - Knock Knock Who's there ? ... Seems Interesting and i will try and Finish it ... Cheers Guys ...

• 3 weeks later...

hpezLj6.jpg

In the grand storytelling style that is his signature, James Michener sweeps us back through time to the very beginnings of the Jewish faith, thousands of years ago. Through the predecessors of four modern men and women, we experience the entire colorful history of the Jews, including the life of the early Hebrews and their persecutions, the impact of Christianity, the Crusades, and the Spanish Inquisition, all the way to the founding of present-day Israel and the Middle-East conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

DblB5ko.jpg

Cathedral of the Sea

From amazon: “A masterful epic of love, war, treason, plague, famine, witchcraft, anti-Semitism and the Inquisition.

14th-century Spain, the medieval city of Barcelona is enjoying a golden age of prosperity. Its humblest inhabitants are building, stone by stone, a magnificent church to overlook their harbour. This is the Cathedral of the Sea: a church to be built for the people by the people.

In its shadow, Arnau, a young serf on the run from his feudal lord, struggles to earn his freedom. After famine, plague and thwarted love, Arnau’s fortunes begin to turn when King Pedro makes him a baron as a reward for his courage in battle. But he is also forced to marry Eleonor, a ward of the King whom he does not love. His newfound status excites jealousy from his friends who plot his downfall with devastating consequences. Arnau’s journey from slave to nobleman is the story of a struggle between good and evil that will turn Church against State and brother against brother …”

The novel has won several literary awards including:

Euskadi de Plata 2006 (Spain)

The Qué Leer Award (Spain)

Giovanni Boccaccio 2007 award (Italy)

Airstream_Bill

Actually and not to be funny, I am reading EINSTEIN, His Life and Universe. It is a Thick Book I hope I can get through it before my eyes give out.

3hAdSo7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

t2ZcINk.jpg

Little wonder he's permanently #1 in the New York Times Bestseller List. ;) Which are his best ones by the way? B)

• 2 weeks later...

OKi3vsv.jpg

Not so good as The Physician and Shaman. Rich historical background but the story ain't so engaging. Good writer anyway. Is there any other interesting novel you would recommend written by him? ^_^

Archived