Removing v9.com

saramath

I recently find that whenever I open INTERNET EXPLORER,CHROME, FIREFOX I am redirected to v9.com. I unable to remove it, Tried all options but it is still there. ALSO I scanned using Mbytes also deleted the registry keys of v9.com but still unable to fix this Any suggestions

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saramath

• Peet

• Matsuda

• Journey

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the shortcuts have been modified - I recently dealt with a computer infected by the Aartemis search engine which MalwareBytes AntiMalware fixed everything infected apart from the shortcuts (which had been changed to include Aartemis' own website address, after the .exe part of the shortcut). Thankfully AdwCleaner fixed all these for me. AdwCleaner is highly recommended for use with other tools such as MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Hitman Pro.

Good luck :-)

This sounds very similar to Conduit which, if you're not careful, will install on your machine if you install utorrent client.

Freemake software products also do the same thing. Decline everything when installing any kind of software. Also never choose express install or automatic installation. Rather choose Custom or Manual installation throughout the whole installation process. This will avoid what I call "Intrusionware".