Internet Download Manager and fake serial number error

ZinnPL

I have a 6.18.7.1 of this "IDMGrHlp.exe"....... how i can update this ??

For now i have put the fake exe posted by me above......... but i understand:

what it does the original .exe more than advise the FAKE serial ?

Hello, 6.18.7.2 build is downloadable from official website:

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html
Also it seems IDMGrHlp.exe seems to be at 6.18.7.1 version in both 6.18.7.2 (Trial) and 6.18.7.3 (Retail) releases of IDM.

Great information..................... yeah.. i have installed the IDM from trial and i ever use the "AloneStar /Unreal RCE Upd#2" and it's working whitout problems.

I'm been to wait to next update for apply a newest patch......i thinks on next update my "FAKE" exe has been raplaced by original and at this point i come back and try to apply a new patch :)

pls upload AloneStar /Unreal RCE Upd#2 link

• Replies 119
  • Views 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also it seems IDMGrHlp.exe seems to be at 6.18.7.1 version in both 6.18.7.2 (Trial) and 6.18.7.3 (Retail) releases of IDM.

Great information..................... yeah.. i have installed the IDM from trial and i ever use the "AloneStar /Unreal RCE Upd#2" and it's working whitout problems.

I'm been to wait to next update for apply a newest patch......i thinks on next update my "FAKE" exe has been raplaced by original and at this point i come back and try to apply a new patch :)

Unreal RCE AloneStar X2 update 2

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1SXLU4P1/PatchX2Upd2.rar_links

A quick patch :)

In CMD type :

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="IDM Block" dir=in action=deny program="C:\MyApp\IDMGrHlp.exe" enable=yes

Unreal RCE AloneStar X2 update 2

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1SXLU4P1/PatchX2Upd2.rar_links

Unreal RCE AloneStar X2 not working for me. Just got the 'fake serial' box

Unreal RCE AloneStar X2 not working for me. Just got the 'fake serial' box

which patch is this.. use this what i have said... works perfectly

http://rghost.net/50312262

after the patch..edit the IDMGrHlp.exe file with notepad and save it with same name9if dont want any pop-up)..thats it

so simple

Yeah boys i remember.... i say i ever use the Alonestar unreal patch upd#2 but i have say i obtain the "FAKE SERIAL" popup and i need to change the "IDMGrHlp.exe" whit a FAKE and EMPTY .exe files......

rename or delete the "IDMGrHlp.exe" file in the install directory.

Launch idm.exe, a popup will appear saying it can't find a file, press ok then enjoy.

Thanks for Suggestion

move IDMGrHlp.exe to another folder

november_ra1n

Thanks for Suggestion

move IDMGrHlp.exe to another folder

But also you need to create another file call IDMGrHlp.exe just make empty notepad and rename it IDMGrHlp.exe and keep this same folder if you dont you get error everytime you start the Windows i have created all those see the topic reply there >>>>

Internet Download Manager 6.18 Build 7 Retail + Fix exe & Serials - 19 November 2013 Post Reply #26 >>>

*** [Fix fake serial number & browser and system integration error windows startup] ***

why all old patches or hosts method still work fine for me ?

As mentioned here:

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/194731-internet-download-manager-and-fake-serial-number-error/page-4?do=findComment&comment=685345

there is a hidden check inside idm. I am to lazy to check when it's triggered but obviously, some people had their problems with it.

However, most people using different patches won't have problems at all. Thus, older patches are still working fine and with the batchfile linked above, you will be fine, probably for months+.

why all old patches or hosts method still work fine for me ?

As mentioned here:

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/194731-internet-download-manager-and-fake-serial-number-error/page-4?do=findComment&comment=685345

there is a hidden check inside idm. I am to lazy to check when it's triggered but obviously, some people had their problems with it.

However, most people using different patches won't have problems at all. Thus, older patches are still working fine and with the batchfile linked above, you will be fine, probably for months+.

thank cracker for explanation :showoff:

• 2 weeks later...

The "IDM_ANTI_BL_PACE.bat" only remove the CheckUpdateVM value from registry ?? After i applied this there is it no more autoupdate has been find by IDM ??

Now it's out 6.18 build 9.......... i have use the old AloneStar/Unreal for the main exe.......... has appears working without problems (nag fake serial still here with original "IDMGrHlp.exe" ).

Hello

Just posted the same on the other Topic to be seen by a maximum of users hopefully

The goal is mere testing purposes

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/194876-idm-patch-outdated/page-3

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/97f06410

File: idman618build9.zip
Size: 7.6 MB

First download then extract the .zip file, there's an installer plus a readme file inside.

◾This silent setup will uninstall any Idman then install a new idman 6.18 build 9 (the latest so far)
◾Tested both on Win XP and on Win 7
◾It includes already IDM.v6.xx.release.3-patch
◾It replaces already IDMGrHlp.exe by a text file renamed to IDMGrHlp.exe
◾Reboot or log off / log in after install

Also

1.it creates a "Dowloads" new folder in C:\
2.It sends a shortcut of "Downloads" to the desktop, there the user will find all the downloads

Also

1.It limits the number of connections to 2 instead of 8 but the user can change it to fit his own needs
2.It limits the download speed to 100 instead of unlimited but again the user can change it to fit his own needs

These two last changes are perfect if you have many computers on a local area network.

Thanks for testing and for your feedbacks

Note : it's an all in one, so no user input is needed, just double clic on the installer, it performs everything automatically !

post-69626-0-49803000-1385956911_thumb.p

1.it creates a "Dowloads" new folder in C:\

2.It sends a shortcut of "Downloads" to the desktop, there the user will find all the downloads

Also

1.It limits the number of connections to 2 instead of 8 but the user can change it to fit his own needs

2.It limits the download speed to 100 instead of unlimited but again the user can change it to fit his own needs

shouldn't download to C:\ and change default settings

Absolutely fantastic patch. No need to reinstall IDM (No matter which version you are using) or something else. Simply run the patch and all done. You will never get pop ups saying "IDM registered with fake serial". Credits to Khurram's Softwares :rolleyes:

Site: https://mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/n2lov4o00b7bebf/Internet+Download+Manager+6.18+build+9+Registration.zip

ns870152

I know the best choice is what the program has as defaults but I make it to download all downloads to C:\Downloads for a reason
The reason is I could not change such directory else than C:\Downloads, or else all users will find their downloads to the same directory exactly as on my computer
example :

C:\Users\(my name here=CyberHaddad)\Documents\Downloads

The final user will not like such location, it's why I pushed all downloads to C:\Downloads temporarily now until I find a solution

I could not find for example where to place

C:\Users\%CurrentUser%\Documents\Downloads

Sorry for any inconvenience

• 2 weeks later...

6.18 build 10......... from me autoupdate yesterday......... i patched the main .exe whit old AloneStar patch....... and removed the key regedit voices suggested upper here (whitout modify or deleted any other files) and no more serial fake popup.

• 5 weeks later...
darshan.e2013

ONE solution of this problem after activation by any crack method...... this is working method....

step 1 : Exit from IDM ...& go to IDM installation Directory..& find idmBroker & IDMGrHlp ............

step 2 : rename IDMGrHlp to any name like ---- changed_IDMGrHlp _to_idmBroker ----

step 3 : replace name of idmBroker to IDMGrHlp ....

step 4: FINISH.

Archived