PerfectDisk Professional 13.0 Build 770

anuraag

Good day all ....Can i use Perfectdisk on SSD ....Bin reading on it but lots of people say not to use defrag on SSD....??? :showoff:

• Replies 150
  • Views 38k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• viggen66

• DarkSlayer

• digimon

• peter.pan

Already available through the offical website of Raxco, also this isn't the latest edition it's 776, but now just waiting for some kind of license.

Better than DK? Maybe I can try it out, after the medicine comes up.

My 1TB HDD has only 130GB free, and is constantly used by p2p softwares, so, I do need a good defrag tool...

I must say after trying this, is a good software even though diskeeper is also a killer app, it isn't update for some time, so newer software gives us more confidence

Good day all ....Can i use Perfectdisk on SSD ....Bin reading on it but lots of people say not to use defrag on SSD....??? :showoff:

Hi!

YES you can, but Solid State Drives are not affected by file fragmentation like traditional electromechanical disk drives. However, free space consolidation can improve SSD write performance. The SSD Optimize defrag method is a special defrag method for SSD drives that focuses on free space consolidation without defragmentation of files. As such, it will leave files in a fragmented state while consolidating free space into large pieces.

Hope this help you :)

Edited by payday

Hi!

YES you can, but Solid State Drives are not affected by file fragmentation like traditional electromechanical disk drives. However, free space consolidation can improve SSD write performance. The SSD Optimize defrag method is a special defrag method for SSD drives that focuses on free space consolidation without defragmentation of files. As such, it will leave files in a fragmented state while consolidating free space into large pieces.

Hope this help you :)

OK....Will it conflict with TRIM and will it reduce the life of the drive..? :rolleyes: Thanks in advance .....Good to see people helping people... :)

Edited by peter.pan

You would expect that by now, we would see a fix.

past few versions fixes didnt come till 45 plus days post release

etherway dont bother me i got a not for resale key from raxco for it so im good

Edited by zed

If has a working key to this version, I would greatly appreciate them sharing it with me via a PM. Thank you.

Why do you think, you're on top or above the others, why should you be the only one with access with the key?

I have tested PD 13 and it seems to be faster than 12.5, other than that, it is all the same.

Still, it is a very good defrag software. Waiting for a working key :showoff:

its good software but tbh i cant figure out any major changes from it and 12.5 other then support for windows 8.1 and faster defrag

Edited by zed

Zed, if things work just leave it that way, take for instance Diskeeper 2012 overhaul guy change, yes it's true, I also notice faster defrag, moreover on Perfectdisk 12.5 I usually had sound distortion coming from my USB sound card, due to the disk activity caused by Perfectdisk, on version 13, it doesn't interfere anyone, so problem fixed, it runs quietly and it does its job, excellent software.

Zed, if things work just leave it that way, take for instance Diskeeper 2012 overhaul guy change, yes it's true, I also notice faster defrag, moreover on Perfectdisk 12.5 I usually had sound distortion coming from my USB sound card, due to the disk activity caused by Perfectdisk, on version 13, it doesn't interfere anyone, so problem fixed, it runs quietly and it does its job, excellent software.

i got legal key to both so ill probably stick with 13 though since i have windows 8.1

Edited by zed

No key share?

its a not for resale key they can track back to me with ease and im under nda with them so me thinks no

besides raxco is a nice company and have been good to me i have a coffee mug from them

Edited by zed

This is getting hard to get a key, in mean time, we can use the standard default Windows defrag until a solution comes

Why use the standard windows defrag? You have 30 days of trial, and if you unninstall and install again, guess what, more 30 days of trial.