IE11 now available for Windows 7

rach

screen_shot_2013-11-07_at_10.01.04_am.jp

If you are using Windows 7 and have been jealous of your Windows 8 counterparts who are using IE11, be jealous no more. Microsoft has announced the availability of IE11 for Windows 7 and you can download it right now.

The browser is available in 95 languages and Microsoft will begin updating users on Windows 7 in the weeks ahead. If you are using the developer preview of IE11, Microsoft will start updating your browser as soon as today. For the system admins out there, Microsoft has put out a tool that will allow you to block IE11 rollout on your network.

Microsoft loves to tout that IE11 is the fastest browser on the market for ‘real world websites’, that correlates in to the speed when browsing your favorite websites.. While benchmarks are good, they are not always a true test of performance when actively searching the web. While the ‘real world websites’ test is a bit more nebulous, Microsoft will happily tell you that its browser is 30% faster than the competition when it comes to the ‘real world website’ benchmark.

If you do want to see the performance gains with IE11, head on over to IE Test Drive where you can run through a serious of tests that highlight the speed differences between the browsers and one that is customized for our Neowin readers.

IE11 shipped with Windows 8.1 that was released a few weeks back and with Windows 7 now on-board, the usage share for the browser should climb quickly. Many will likely be watching closely to see how quickly the general public adopts the updated browser as competition has steadily increased in the browser space over the past few years.

This update is also another reminder as to why you should be dumping Windows XP, if that is your main OS. To obtain Microsoft’s latest software, you need to be using a modern operating system such as Windows 7 or 8, as this browser will not be available for older operating systems.

Download: IE11

:view: View: Original Article

• Replies 30
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SPECTRUM

• demoneye

• LeeSmithG

• donkey-girl

Stay away, to much trouble and unconpatible programs :)

Danish people are funny :)

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/1/7/7179A150-F2D2-4502-9D70-4B59EA148EAA/IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 x86

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/2/F/92FC119C-3BCD-476C-B425-038A39625558/IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe

Edited by shanijee

Yes maybe, I,m Ukrainan by Birth

Yes maybe, I,m Ukrainan by Birth

Lol! this is why i was doubting that you ain't danish, cause i got work for two years in Sweden those people are horrible at making jokes, either their social skills are deeply ignoring foreign neighbors, like me for two years no friends at all strange isn't it ?

Edited by emerglines

I'm using it since Developer Preview, and now Release Preview and no issues atm.

now I'm going to install final version.

Edited by SPECTRUM

why MS dont make it for w8 ??? wtffffff is that crap ? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

because it come with 8.1 update.

why MS dont make it for w8 ??? wtffffff is that crap ? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

so why w7 ? :huh:

because Windows 7 doesn't have more updates

so why w7 ? :huh:

because there is no new major update or service pack for Windows 7, only IE11 as a gift due popular demand.

because Windows 7 doesn't have more updates

because there is no new major update or service pack for Windows 7, only IE11 as a gift due popular demand.

Yeah man that correct , i already got my gift from ms ... activating w8 via skype for free :D

Ohh really.

Not found a problem yet.

Well I ditched Chrome.

I now Install Firefox with IE being the back-up on Windows 8.

I'm 50/50 with IE its ok for somethings.

um... ok, but... didn't they remove addons alltogether in version 11? because i'm using adblock plus for IE and i'm very happy the way it is... not that i use IE for anything regularily, but some applications do make use of it.

Airstream_Bill

The New IE 11 Final for Windows 7 has been released today for those of you who are interested. I got it from www.downloadcrew.com

I suppose you can get it from Microsoft site also?

Sorry disregard. This information was already Posted. I knew I should have made a pot of coffee.

Edited by Airstream_Bill

Airstream_Bill

Sorry I did not see your post about IE 11 Release.

I use IE to download Firefox, Chrome or Opera when I do a clean install of Win 7 :P

Sorry I did not see your post about IE 11 Release.

Nothing for be sorry, but was @rach that has posted. i only informing you. :)

Admuncher have not taken the time and care to update their software before the IE11 release.

So IE11 is stuffed full of pop-ups and adverts :(

Better stay with IE10,can not disable the tabbed browsing in IE11,so you have to chance your browsing.

In IE10 you can choose tabbed browsing yes or no !!

Anybody who knows how to disable tabbed browsing in IE11???