How to activate a Win 8.1 ProWMC ISO install with a WMC Upgrade key

tezza

(Moved this tutorial here from previous location, for benefit of more members)

It has been confirmed that Microsoft reversed a block they introduced at the beginning of 2013. The block made it impossible to activate a WMC upgrade on top of a Windows 8 Pro install that was KMS activated.

Background information can be read here and how to create tokens with just generic installation keys and MTK (i have already created these and they can be downloaded in step2). After it was confirmed this works with previously used personal WMC keys and a $9.99 newly bought WMC key, i tested this with a leaked key.
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190280-how-to-upgrade-to-windows-81-from-windows-8-windows-7-vista-and-xp/?p=664431

1)
Install Win8.1 Pro WMC .

I was given these direct links by another forum member for Win 8.1 Pro WMC ISO and i used x86 download for this and to test ( no key needed to install , just choose to install Win 8.1Pro) or use your own ISO.

Win8.1ProWMC x86 ISO

https://mega.co.nz/#!sQMn0ayR!exbjrCjTHX-q96pXccKnE22k3dlvrRzArcDVPC8i664

Win8.1ProWMC x64 ISO

https://mega.co.nz/#!gQlwVA6b!TWvanF1TZ7cavWZWaoA3pnjACyYmOlzlfy2SskUPmeQ

(password : pcbeta-com)

2)
*This step is important*

I created these (from the tutorial above or you can make your own), works on both x86 and x64, simply overwrite the store folder (\Windows\System32\spp\store) with this store folder.

**The tokens contain no personally identifiable activation information and can in theory be safely shared and reused on any PC as they are generic and therefore universal**

https://anonfiles.com/file/90095e4e486c5182b8f9aad486dc6abd

3)
Activate via phone/skype with a leaked WMC key (courtesy of november_ra1n)

slmgr.vbs -ipk <Product Key>
slui 4
Enter confirmation ID
Restart computer

bada bing bada boom :D , genuine activated Win 8.1 ProWMC.

Downloaded all updates and installed, checked Windows Store and ran a sfc /scannow and all good.

Remember to backup with Advanced Tokens Manager/ Microsoft Toolkit if need to reinstall.

Edit

I only tried this as a test and it worked following the above instructions , if others have a problem activating, please make sure key is NOT blocked first.

If there are any other problems please report them, as if it is not working for everybody , i will remove this.

Thanks

Edited by tezza

• Replies 20
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tezza

• Rok

• dorsh83

• riqie

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought sharing token is ill-advice in this forums.. thats why i didn't share these workaround here.. this is exactly what i do to activate my wmc with free upgrade key.. without swapping token, wmc will not accepting our free wmc key before we activate 8.1 pro first.. ^_^

Tnx for your share tezza, would you please provide a link to working WMC keys? the keys I tried on My Windows 8.1 ProWMC didn't work. I mean the windows didn't proceed the slmgr.vbs -ipk command and showed an error. I'm running Windows 8.1 ProWMC 9600 fresh install.

Tnx for your share tezza, would you please provide a link to working WMC keys? the keys I tried on My Windows 8.1 ProWMC didn't work. I mean the windows didn't proceed the slmgr.vbs -ipk command and showed an error. I'm running Windows 8.1 ProWMC 9600 fresh install.

Keys if available here

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-build-9600-rtm-download-links-activation-via-phone-kms/

i thought sharing token is ill-advice in this forums.. thats why i didn't share these workaround here.. this is exactly what i do to activate my wmc with free upgrade key.. without swapping token, wmc will not accepting our free wmc key before we activate 8.1 pro first.. ^_^

Correct , using a data.dat from another person's activation is Ill-Advised as It contains information regarding the first person's activation , these were then being shared , which contained usually phone activation details etc.

These tokens tokens contain no personally identifiable activation information and can in theory be safely shared and reused on any PC as they are generic and universal, or as i said in instructions, you can create your own.

0) Disconnect from the Internet

1) Install Windows 8 Pro using the Windows 8 Pro KMS client setup key (GVLK) ending J8CK4

2) KMS activate using Microsoft Toolkit (offline activator )

3) Use the "Add feature" function to upgrade to WMC, using the Pro WMC default key ending QGJXW

4) Install the KB2871389 update

5) Connect to the Internet

6) Visit the Windows Store and start the Windows 8.1 upgrade

7)Copy store folder

Edited by tezza

• 2 weeks later...

It has been confirmed that Microsoft reversed a block they introduced at the beginning of 2013. The block made it impossible to activate a WMC upgrade on top of a Windows 8 Pro install that was KMS activated.

Background information can be read here and how to create tokens with just generic installation keys and MTK (i have already created these and they can be downloaded in step2). After it was confirmed this works with previously used personal WMC keys and a $9.99 newly bought WMC key, i tested this with a leaked key.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190280-how-to-upgrade-to-windows-81-from-windows-8-windows-7-vista-and-xp/?p=664431

1)

Install Win8.1 Pro WMC .

I was given these direct links by another forum member for Win 8.1 Pro WMC ISO and i used x86 download for this and to test ( no key needed to install , just choose to install Win 8.1Pro) or use your own ISO.

Win8.1ProWMC x86 ISO

Win8.1ProWMC x64 ISO

2)

*This step is important*

I created these (from the tutorial above or you can make your own), works on both x86 and x64, simply overwrite the store folder (\Windows\System32\spp\store) with this store folder.

**The tokens contain no personally identifiable activation information and can in theory be safely shared and reused on any PC as they are generic and therefore universal**

3)

slui 4

Enter confirmation ID

Restart computer

Downloaded all updates and installed, checked Windows Store and ran a sfc /scannow and all good.

Remember to backup with Advanced Tokens Manager/ Microsoft Toolkit if need to reinstall.

Edit

I only tried this as a test and it worked following the above instructions , if others have a problem activating, please make sure key is NOT blocked first.

If there are any other problems please report them, as if it is not working for everybody , i will remove this.

Thanks

I have just activated Windows 8.1 Pro using a MAK key on my Lenovo Ideapad S10. When clicking "add feature" to install WMC, the key(s) posted by november_ra1n are not accepted.

Can you advise steps to add WMC and activiate it on Windows 8.1 MAK Pro.

Edited by Rok

I have just activated Windows 8.1 Pro using a MAK key on my Lenovo Ideapad S10. When clicking "add feature" to install WMC, the key(s) posted by november_ra1n are not accepted.

what error did u get when upgrading.. i don't have problem upgrading since wmc key is meant to upgrade only not clean install.. so there should be no problem when add feature.

what error did u get when upgrading.. i don't have problem upgrading since wmc key is meant to upgrade only not clean install.. so there should be no problem when add feature.

First time, right after clicking "add feature" and entering the WMC Retail Key from november_ra1n post, the upgrade was started and later aborted with a error message "this key is not supported." Second time, tried another key, and the same message pop-up stating, "key is not supported" again.

Edited by Rok

First tiem right after clicking "add feature" and entering the WMC Retail Key from november_ra1n post, the upgrade was started and later aborted with a error message "this key is not supported." Tried another key, and the same message poped-up, "key is not supported."

there's no need to use fresh key to upgrade since blocked key still working for upgrading.. only u cannot activate it.. IMHO i think try to use non-block key to upgrade and activate online made the key faster to get block rather than use for phone activation since key not trying to reach MS server for activation or upgrading..

Thanks, those are the keys, I had tried to add WMC. Do you think, it is not accepting the keys, because I have activated Windows 8.1 Peo using VL MAK key from november_ra1n post???

Upgrading to WMC is possible , even if using MAK key, tested and working . No idea why you are unable to upgrade, except maybe you had KMS activated before and still a trace leftover. If not i advise to start afresh.

Edited by tezza

november_ra1n

Thanks, those are the keys, I had tried to add WMC. Do you think, it is not accepting the keys, because I have activated Windows 8.1 Peo using VL MAK key from november_ra1n post???

I hope when you are upgrading WMC Edition and using add feature option you are only using key but not

Ignore this commant prompt part just use key....

slmgr.vbs -ipk

After install WMC and PC restart then use command prompt + Key to activate. See full instruction there >>>> Upgrading Windows From Core Edition to Pro Edition [Also Upgrading From Pro To WMC]

17 November 2013, I have just added 3 New Windows 8.1 WMC Retail Key posted on Page #1 >>>>>

Windows 8/8.1 RTM Pro WMC Phone Activation RETAIL Keys

-F88Y3-BKH4Q-2YQJD0xC004C008=== !!! The system can be activated by phone !!! ===
Edited by november_ra1n

I hope when you are upgrading WMC Edition and using add feature option you are only using key but not

Ignore this commant prompt part just use key....

slmgr.vbs -ipk

After install WMC and PC restart then use command prompt + Key to activate. See full instruction there >>>> Upgrading Windows From Core Edition to Pro Edition [Also Upgrading From Pro To WMC]

17 November 2013, I have just added 3 New Windows 8.1 WMC Retail Key posted on Page #1 >>>>>

Windows 8/8.1 RTM Pro WMC Phone Activation RETAIL Keys

-F88Y3-BKH4Q-2YQJD0xC004C008=== !!! The system can be activated by phone !!! ===

Yeah! first time inserted the key in the dialogue box appeared after clicking "add features". But, in next four attempts, I had first entered key using slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxxx. And, got the message this key cann't be used on non-core versions....something like that and none of they key was accepted.

I have installed Windows 8.1 five times to add WMC, but couldn't get success.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1)

Install Win8.1 Pro WMC .

Win8.1ProWMC x86 ISO

Win8.1ProWMC x64 ISO

2)

*This step is important*

3)

slui 4

Enter confirmation ID

Restart computer

Edit

Thanks

Thank you for sharing

but i try to download fails to hold

Is there another download link?