Discussions: Which Start Button App do you use & which one is the best?

geeteam

• Replies 49
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• Matt

• Roger D

• Ponting

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have to uninstall the older version of StartIsBack+ when I want the new build or can I just install over the previous release?

Well actually i dont know about this but i think you have to uninstall the older version. before you can install the new version.

Cos you're not using a legit copy of the software

Do I have to uninstall the older version of StartIsBack+ when I want the new build or can I just install over the previous release?

Well actually i dont know about this but i think you have to uninstall the older version. before you can install the new version.

I do have a valid key.. ^_^

I do have a valid key.. ^_^

Then you can update or install directly...

Why put the start button back when you can use something superior?

The pros use Start Menu X

:D

Interview with the man himself

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Interview-Start-Menu-X-Creator-on-Windows-8-1-Start-Buttons-and-More-388574.shtml

mmmh! Start Menu X? <_< i gotta try this - it sounds professional though

Edited by geeteam

someone there

StartIsBack+ is the world No, 1 alternative start menu ..

Alot of features added to it such as drag and drop any short cut to show in the right pane of the start menu and that is missing in windows 7 start menu

Context menu with shift adding more commands .

Use any start orb any size and it will be applied immediately

ability to change the skin

You have the choice to show the menu as a fly out like windows XP

Very light in system resources.

and much more features .................

I am using SIB + and I like it . I tried out most of the alternative start menus all of them have problems in using them and not fulfilled my daily needs.

Start8 concentrates now on the appearance of the menus rather than the actual function and performance and full of bugs since the first release.

Edited by someone there

someone there

No, you don't have to uninstall the previous version. Just install over it .. I have been doing this all the time without any problem

Which Start Bottom App do you use ...

:wtf: is a Start Bottom?

Start Button, not bottom :tehe:

I've been using SiB with Win8 with a valid key from Tihiy and you don't have to uninstall the old version for that. Can't say about SiB+, but I'd like to believe that the same prolly applies. Also, Someone There clarified that for you anyways. I've no resons not to believe that :)

Edited by calguyhunk

No need to uninstall Startisback whatever version you have, legal or not. The installer takes care of it, shutting down Windows Explorer and overwriting the old files, then restarting it.

Every one uses whatever he/she likes best. Classic Shell is free and certainly one of the best. No need to look for 'solutions' when new versions come out.

I personally tested a lot and find the last version of Start8 1.30.1 very suitable for me, especially on my eyes. Startisback even the last version still has some rough edges. Classic shell has the most complete configuration options and the custom skin from WinAero is simply superb.

It's the same with girls, what you like I might not and viceversa :-)

Edited by TShadow

No need to uninstall Startisback whatever version you have, legal or not. The installer takes care of it, shutting down Windows Explorer and overwriting the old files, then restarting it.

Every one uses whatever he/she likes best. Classic Shell is free and certainly one of the best. No need to look for 'solutions' when new versions come out.

I personally tested a lot and find the last version of Start8 1.30.1 very suitable for me, especially on my eyes. Startisback even the last version still has some rough edges. Classic shell has the most complete configuration options and the custom skin from WinAero is simply superb.

It's the same with girls, what you like I might not and viceversa :-)

Thinking...

Since the release of Windows 8, Microsoft decided to remove the start button from the OS.

Ever since, a lot of developers has used that as an advantage to create apps to bring back the start bottom.

Microsoft thought of this and brought it back in Windows 8.1, yet still users are not appreciating it, and still want a start bottom app to replace Microsoft's start bottom.

I have come across a lot of start bottom apps - used most of them.

Day inn and Day out more and more start bottom apps is been released.

Lol...geeteam are you consciously writing "button" as "bottom" or is it a typo? MS Windows 8.1 Start "bottom" ;) is good for nothing. I think StartisBack+ is good. But, I am currently satisfied with the default Start screen and button.

Edited by Rok

StartisBack+ on Windows 8.1 works flawlessly and I like the looks!

Best of all for me are the jumplists, which I use with Word and Excel.

The Start Screen is nice for the new apps, but it interrupts the work flow too much when using standard applications.

:wtf: is a Start Bottom?

:google: :P

Funny thing is... Google replies: "Did you mean: Start Button?" :rolleyes:

Ofcource --- B)

StartisBack+ on Windows 8.1 works flawlessly and I like the looks!

Best of all for me are the jumplists, which I use with Word and Excel.

The Start Screen is nice for the new apps, but it interrupts the work flow too much when using standard applications.

COOL - Keep it UP! - B)

Start8. I even purchased it! :D

Is it lifetime license?(or)Rentware-pay subscription every year/ pay for new major version only?

So far I only tried Start8 and Classic start menu. I like them both, but I'm still annoyed that I have to install a third party app just to get a feature that I already have in Windows XP :P