Browsers Not Working Properly in Windows 8.1

Matsuda

firefox-chrome-safari-225x300.jpg

One of the problems experienced by Windows 8.1 users concerns the installed browsers, with several consumers reporting that Firefox, IE, and Chrome fail to load pages after deploying the OS update.

While this problem has also been reported in Windows 8.1 Preview, it seems like it’s affecting the stable version of the operating system too.

A number of posts published on Microsoft’s Community forums reveal that IE, Firefox, and Chrome don’t load any pages with a working Internet connection. The operating system then launches the connection problem assistant, but no different is made whatsoever.

Microsoft is yet to release a workaround for this problem, but it’s most likely caused by compatibility issues, so expect future updates to address and fix the bugs.

It’s not yet clear if this issue is related to the hardware configuration of the computers running Windows 8.1.

Original Article

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matsuda

• demoneye

• babuni2003

• TShadow

I think i have this issue, when i going of page for page in nsaneforums (problem occurs in others websites too), the page stop the loading and i need for refresh 2 times the page for back working again.

Windows 8.1/Opera 17. :mellow:

Edited by Matsuda

I also have problems in both IE11 and WaterFox. In IE adding sites to the list of sites in compatibility options sometimes, but not always, helps.

ah, it's so annoying :nono:
I was thinking the problems came from my connection or browser.

sometimes I need to refresh the page 2-3 times :protest:
I'm just thinking about going back to Win7 or XP. -_-

windows 8.1 is worst than windows 8 (which is stable) and worse than vista.! , every day new HIGH BUG issue :wtf:

i switch to new OS always after half year so all fixing and updated are already implemented :)

Edited by demoneye

ah, it's so annoying :nono:

I was thinking the problems came from my connection or browser.

sometimes I need to refresh the page 2-3 times :protest:

I'm just thinking about going back to Win7 or XP. -_-

i was thinking many times to back to windows 7 , i assume i need to eat some more shit :shit: from win8 to restore my win7 image.

Edited by demoneye

Have you tried this ?

1. Open command prompt as Administrator.

2. Write command " netsh winsock reset " and press Enter.

3. Restart System.

Hope the problem solved.

Edited by babuni2003

i was thinking many times to back to windows 7 , i assume i need to eat some more shit :shit: from win8 to restore my win7 image.

We are on the same page... :D

Have you tried this ?

3. Restart System.

Hope the problem solved.

Thanks for share, but the problem continues. ;)

Have you tried this ?

3. Restart System.

Hope the problem solved.

Thanks for share, but the problem continues. ;)

If it is a system side problem then Microsoft will fix it soon. But in my cases some websites are not opening. I think these are all browser and Web Server side issue. So the administrator of websites will have to fix them for new and upgraded OS Windows 8.1. Lets wait some day and hope all will get right.

en → hi
जल्द ही .

was thinking many times to back to windows 7 , i assume i need to eat some more shit :shit: from win8 to restore my win7 image.

Hehe, I always keep my Windows 7 safe on one of my HD partitions. Besides that there are some 'special' programs not working on Windows 8/8.1. It's also rockstable.

Freddy Anderson

Windows 8.1 is full of flaws :/ Loads of compatibility issues and black screen error pops up every nine out of ten when you install something new on your system !! DISLIKED

I have been using Windows 8.1 for almost 10 days, but so far, have not faced any such issues on any of the latest browsers including: IE11, Opera 18+, Opera 19, Firefox, and Chrome. Of course, there is some lagging but nothing else.

If you go by people and reports, some people / forum are even reporting, that installing latest version of system drivers/firmware will de-activate Windows 8.1 . Thus, advising its users to install all latest drivers before activating a Windows 8.1 box. Ask, them, if they won't update there drivers, afterwards.

It seems that Windows 8.1 is behaving like a voluble woman. The most problems I find is with the store update from 8 to 8.1. I also have two different installations on my HD, one has been clean the other store updated. I have a lot of errors with the update and 2 programs even refuse to work whilst one the clean installation I don't have problems at all.

Furthermore I activated the clean installation immediately after installation with the gentle help from some great people here.

Then I installed all new drivers, tried different drivers, desactivated one of my video cards, deactivated my wlan card, updated the firmware of my dvd drive. Never lost activation whilst some people had deactivated systems only updating video drivers. So there must be some flaws in the new activation system.

Even some people are reporting that re-installing Windows 8,1 on the top of their previous installation they lost the activation when being offline and to return on-line to re-activate. Maybe the next rollup will fix some things. Lets hope ...

Even some people are reporting that re-installing Windows 8,1 on the top of their previous installation they lost the activation when being offline and to return on-line to re-activate. Maybe the next rollup will fix some things. Lets hope ...

Add-on, people are also complaining, even change in Hard disk partition can result in Windows 8.1 losing activation. Because, expanding or extending hdd partitions very much there, since the days of Windows XP, I don't think MS is such a fool to make people frustrated with their daily tasks and loose on.

Edited by Rok

since the days of Windows XP, I don't think MS is such a fool to make people frustrated with their daily tasks and loose on.

I remember thinking Windows XP was a piece of junk compared to Windows 2000 which I was using at the time. Unfortunately, I feel the same way about everything after Windows XP as well. What the hell am I doing still using Micro$oft products??