ESET and Bitdefender hijacked by KDMS Team

tezza

Antivirus+firm+ESET+and+BitDefender+webs

A pro-Palestinian hacktivist group 'KDMS Team', who recently managed to briefly hijack the Metasploit website of security firm Rapid7 and become popular after Hacking World's largest Web Hosting Network Leaseweb website and antivirus vendors AVG, Avira as well as mobile messaging service WhatsApp's websites.

Now even I have to say that - Security is just an Illusion, because just now the group aligned with Anonymous has successfully hijacked another two Antivirus firm website - ESET and Bitdefender.
The KDMS Team successfully changed the DNS records of both sites to redirect people to a website playing the Palestinian national anthem and displaying a political message under the title "You Got Pwned".
Message posted on Bitdefender and Eset website says:
Hello bitdefender
Touched By KDMS team
We was thinking about quitting hacking and disappear again ..!
But we said : there is some sites must be hacked
You are one of our targets Therefore we are here ..
And there is another thing .. do you know Palestine ?
There is a land called Palestine on the earth This land has been stolen by Zionist Do you know it ?
Palestinian people has the right to live in peace Deserve to liberate their land and release all prisoners from israeli jails We want peace Long Live Palestine

Both affected domains are registered from REGISTER.COM, INC. by companies, which is also domain registrar for Metasploit website -- was hijacked yesterday via a spoofed change request faxed to Register.com. But the technical details on how hackers manged to hijack the ESET and Bitdefender website is not yet available, we are in contact with hackers.. will update the article in few hours. Stay Tuned !
Defacement of Security companies is really embarrassing and hacker's tactics allowed them to get their political message to millions of users. One of thier team member tweeted, "When it's a matter of resistance no one will blame you. . Free Palestine .. Fight for Palestine"

• Replies 35
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• emerglines

• tezza

• ramiz0

• DarkSlayer

Top Posters In This Topic

popular antivirus websites hacked this means we are not safe.Are we safe?

Sound like the Moussad who did that not Palestinians !

what are you talking ? :P

KDMS is a Palestinian hacking team . .

You don't see whats behind the events, if i would make my enemy looks bad, i will use some nonsense attacks over the net to just say Palestine is my land and bla bla, while people around the world will see these attacks they will give more support to Israel than Palestine.

Edited by emerglines

You don't see whats behind the events, if i would make my enemy looks bad, i will use some nonsense attacks over the net to just say Palestine is my land and bla bla, while people around the world will see these attacks they will give more support to Israel than Palestine.

I hope that not true .. Then I will be so upset :unsure:

Edited by Cyberboom

These Arabs are whiners, why can't they just go back home and build up a live for themselves in stead of being jealous of the hardworking Jews. Why do they want the entire middle East in stead of the interest middle East minus the land that has belonged to the Jewish people for over 3000 years.

Well at least defacing a website beats blowing up little children in a restaurant, school or bus, something these Arabs seem to take great pride in doing....

Hi there,

We must point out that Bitdefender was NOT hacked. We've contacted register.com and they fixed the issue. All Bitdefender customers are and were 100% protected.

From Fan Page :

Dear fans, for a few moments on Saturday 12th October 2013, a group of pro-Palestinian activists were able to spoof a request to change the DNS settings for the ESET.com domain name servers, resulting in a defacement where visitors to the ESET.com website were redirected to one set up by the activist group.

ESET responded immediately and the name server records were corrected minutes after the incident. The defacement site may have been visible for slightly longer due to the time taken for DNS changes to propagate. At the same time, we requested our registrar to bolster domain transfer security to ensure no similar incident will happen again.

At no time was any ESET infrastructure component compromised, and no data or sensitive materials have been breached. ESET operations were not affected except for the visibility of the ESET.com website for a short period of time.

These Arabs are whiners, why can't they just go back home and build up a live for themselves in stead of being jealous of the hardworking Jews. Why do they want the entire middle East in stead of the interest middle East minus the land that has belonged to the Jewish people for over 3000 years.

Well at least defacing a website beats blowing up little children in a restaurant, school or bus, something these Arabs seem to take great pride in doing....

I do not agree with them on how to campaign, and I do not agree either with you because you lie and say tune not the truth: Palestine is stolen by the Zionists with the help of british .

I do not agree with them on how to campaign, and I do not agree either with you because you lie and say tune not the truth: Palestine is stolen by the Zionists with the help of british .

100% agree