KB2862330 Windows 7 Update Fails to Install

Matsuda

poorpatch.jpg

Last month, some of the updates released by Microsoft on Patch Tuesday were stuck in an installation loop and couldn’t be installed, with the company releasing a fix after approximately two weeks.

Now we’re receiving reports that one of the security updates rolled out on this month’s Patch Tuesday is again causing trouble to Windows 7 users, as it repeatedly fails to install.

“The patch appears to install, but when I reboot my computer the patch stalls out at 35%. The only thing I can do after it stalls is push the power button and then let the system revert back,” one of the affected users mentioned on the Microsoft Community forums.

Even though it first seemed that users could easily solve the problems by disabling anti-virus protection, it appears that it’s actually a problem with the update, so we’re still waiting for some comments from Redmond on this.

Source

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Captain Caveman

• LeeSmithG

• hobbykiosk

• Matsuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem I had with patch Tuesday's updates all 28 I received was it changed a driver on my 2 T.B. seagate u.s.b. h.d.d. u.s.b. 3 and it took me ages to sort out the problem.

Apart from that they all installed fine.

Captain Caveman

Only problem I had with patch Tuesday's updates all 28 I received was it changed a driver on my 2 T.B. seagate u.s.b. h.d.d. u.s.b. 3 and it took me ages to sort out the problem.

One of the 5 USB updates stopped my bluetooth from working (so no keyboard or mouse).. KB2884256, 2862335, 2862330, 2864202, 2868038.

Had to do a restore and unselect these from being installed.

One of the 5 USB updates stopped my bluetooth from working (so no keyboard or mouse).. KB2884256, 2862335, 2862330, 2864202, 2868038.

Well the way I fixed it was to uninstall the driver that was now clashing, then reboot, turn off power supply to u.s.b. drive, then as the bios screen loaded, waited till it went and reconnected power to u.s.b.

then windows reinstalled the u.s.b. driver asked me to reboot and then it is now working fine.

Edited by LeeSmithG

Captain Caveman

Well the way I fixed it was to uninstall the driver that was now classhing, then reboot, turn off power supply to u.s.b. drive, then as the bios screen loaded, waited till it went and reconnected power to u.s.b.

then windows reinstalled the u.s.b. driver asked me to reboot and then it is now working fine.

Yeah I tried doing that but the bluetooth driver kept failing to load.. the only way to fix it was restoring and stopping those updates..

MidnightDistortions

I doubt i'll have any problems but i am waiting on the more dangerous ones by playing the waiting game.

Stupid :pos: update system.

Edited by MidnightDistortions