Welcome to nsane.forums

Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tezza

Firefox 24/26 ships with serious memory consumption improvements on image-heavy pages

16 posts in this topic

Nice Firefox

excellent dissertation

thank you

I assume the same will be said of Pale Moon/Waterfox when their additions are updated. It could be my imagination, but each release of the previous browsers, of late, load much slower.

Edited by shorty6100
2 people liked / thanked this

Thx tezza didnt notice before but yes it is a big improvement ;)

Edited by F3dupsk1Nup

Firefox doesnt feel smooth as Chrome in my machine, even Internet Explorer seems better, I really dont know why :unsure:

Firefox doesnt feel smooth as Chrome in my machine, even Internet Explorer seems better, I really dont know why :unsure:

This has been a case from two years now. Nothing new. Not everyone prefers Firefox for it's speed.

I assume the same will be said of Pale Moon/Waterfox when their additions are updated. It could be my imagination, but each release of the previous browsers, of late, load much slower.

It isn't your imagination. I have noticed a major slow-down in palemoon load times for a while now (seems like for two or three months, but it may be longer - not sure in which version it began). Palemoon (x64) used take about half as long on initiall load as Firefox (x32), but lately it has slowed to the point that it takes around 50% LONGER than firefox on first start-up. Since Palemoon is "optimized" for speed by removing a lot of the less freqently used code, like support for Windows 98, etc., that slow-down is surprising and a little disappointing to me. I used to prefer it over Firefox by a large margin ( I lke the other advantages of using 64 bit, as well as the extra speed that I got from Palemoon). While I still like Palemoon, the slow load times, as well as some loss in it's overall performance advantage over Firefox, make it a fair amount less desirable than it once was. Hopefully, they will get it back on track soon. I also find Internet Explorer and Chrome to be faster and perhaps more "smooth", but with Chrome, I know I have absolutely NO chance for privacy, and in Internet Explorer, I just can't find a way to handle some downloads or passwords that satisfies me. Guess I'm a little too picky about some things, sometimes.

Edited by bsvols

This has been a case from two years now. Nothing new. Not everyone prefers Firefox for it's speed.

It isnt about page loading speed or startup time, these for me are fine, it simple feels like something is holding back the performance.

I dont know how to put this in words, but it is like playing some heavy game without V-Sync (like Rage without updates on Radeon)

I installed SmoothWheel extension and It seems to be a little better ...

Ps: Pardon me for some grammar erros, I am not a native english speaker and it is time to go to bed ^_^

It isnt about page loading speed or startup time, these for me are fine, it simple feels like something is holding back the performance.

I dont know how to put this in words, but it is like playing some heavy game without V-Sync (like Rage without updates on Radeon)

Ps: Pardon me for some grammar erros, I am not a native english speaker and it is time to go to bed ^_^

if you are referring to scroll speed, Webkit / Blink always had faster scrolling speed, and with IE10, IE has faster scrolling too.

For Firefox, try this trick.

1 person liked / thanked this

It isn't your imagination. I have noticed a major slow-down in palemoon load times for a while now (seems like for two or three months, but it may be longer - not sure in which version it began). Palemoon (x64) used take about half as long on initiall load as Firefox (x32), but lately it has slowed to the point that it takes around 50% LONGER than firefox on first start-up. Since Palemoon is "optimized" for speed by removing a lot of the less freqently used code, like support for Windows 98, etc., that slow-down is surprising and a little disappointing to me. I used to prefer it over Firefox by a large margin ( I lke the other advantages of using 64 bit, as well as the extra speed that I got from Palemoon). While I still like Palemoon, the slow load times, as well as some loss in it's overall performance advantage over Firefox, make it a fair amount less desirable than it once was. Hopefully, they will get it back on track soon. I also find Internet Explorer and Chrome to be faster and perhaps more "smooth", but with Chrome, I know I have absolutely NO chance for privacy, and in Internet Explorer, I just can't find a way to handle some downloads or passwords that satisfies me. Guess I'm a little too picky about some things, sometimes.

You could just upgrade to an SSD.. On a clean profile Firefox starts in about a second for me. You might also want to look at just creating a new profile..

if you are referring to scroll speed, Webkit / Blink always had faster scrolling speed, and with IE10, IE has faster scrolling too.

For Firefox, try this trick.

Thanks, much better now

1 person liked / thanked this

I got Chrome over 2GB with windows XP. Something more 25 tabs open. In need least 32GB RAM to use Chrome.

Edited by GPSBaltic

Thx for the info

I have no idea why.. my FF keep crashing lately. It's getting very annoying. I have to forced to use Chrome now. Problem is.. i have no idea why streaming on youtube 1080p will stop (slow buffering) where as i have no such problem with FF. Weird just weird.

I got Chrome over 2GB with windows XP. Something more 25 tabs open. In need least 32GB RAM to use Chrome.

try opera 16/17/18 its uses MUCH less memory for same tabs than google (gay) chrome :D