Simon King`s MagicRAR vs. Donationcoder - Round 1, Fight!

SnakeMasteR

I got a MagicRAR newsletter 3 days ago and wanted to share it, since it hasn't be posted yet already.... ;)

cyberbullyq2y8q.jpg

On Monday this week, MagicRAR distributed a press release describing the abuse our product has been
undergoing on Donationcoder.

Jesse Reichler, the site administrator, had been claiming he would not be able to edit any of the abusive
posts, as that would violate free speech.

However, in 48 hours of its distribution, Jesse Reichler managed to censor our press release; threatening
legal action with our newswire service!

We find the level of hypocrisy exhibited by Jesse Reichler to be very disturbing. Our press release has
been censored as of Wednesday this week.

For the past three quarters that we have been working with him to find an amicable solution for the abuse
of our product on his site, Jesse Reichler constantly expressed concern and fears about MagicRAR taking
legal action - something we never did.

Yet Jesse Reichler did not hesitate for a moment to violate MagicRAR's freedom of speech, and took
immediate legal action to take our press release down.

How can you help?

Email Jesse Reichler ([email protected]) and let him know you will not stand for this kind of
hypocrisy.

Forward the original press release below to your friends - and ensure that Jesse Reichler's hypocritical
efforts at censorship do not succeed.

Thank you for your support.

- Simon King.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DonationCoder Cyber-Bullies and Censors MagicRAR, the Emerging Standard in Data

Compression, and the Only Alternative to WinZip and WinRAR.

DonationCoder Banks on Censorship and Cyber-Bullying to Stifle Competition and Thwart Attempts to
Educate Consumers about the Emerging Standard in Data Compression.

Sydney, Australia, September 23, 2013 - MagicRAR has been cyber-bullied and censored for the past
three quarters at DonationCoder. DonationCoder are stifling competition in the compression industry by
censoring MagicRAR posts on their site, under the pretext that they are advertisements. However,
DonationCoder are simultaneously asserting the right to retain technically inaccurate, intentionally
misleading hate speech on MagicRAR under the guise of free speech, including overt violations of the
MagicRAR EULA.

In an effort to build good will, MagicRAR launched a free product give-away on DonationCoder some
months ago, to encourage users of competitive products to download and try MagicRAR compression
software and determine for themselves which compression software is the best product. "We have been
working with the website administrator Jesse Reichler for the past three quarters, bending over
backwards trying to build good will," observes Simon King of MagicRAR. "Unfortunately all that came
out of our product give-away was the reverse engineering of our unique technology - something that is
explicitly forbidden by the MagicRAR EULA. It is astounding that the site owner Jesse Reichler has lost
control over his 'trolls' to the extent that they will not allow him to redact information obtained by the
illegal reverse engineering of MagicRAR."

MagicRAR pioneers full-disk transparent data compression technology with up to three times better
compression than Windows, still unmatched in the industry a full two years after MagicRAR's initial
release. More information on how MagicRAR is attracting former WinZip and WinRAR users is available
at www.magicrar.com/drive-press.html

MagicRAR's full disk compression technology finds ideal applications in server virtualization
environments, where limited storage is effortlessly increased at absolutely no cost. Additional
applications include lowering cost-per-gigabyte on expensive SSD (solid state drive) hardware; as
well as unlimited consumer applications where space is a concern with any kind of local storage.

MagicRAR reached out to its community to ask them what they thought about the cyber-bullying at
DonationCoder. "I read, with some degree of concern, some of the posts at DonationCoder," says
Rosalind Share, a MagicRAR user. "I agree that the comments were aggressive, hostile, inflammatory
and simply not very nice...for whatever reason, they took exception to the word "magic"...envy and the
wish to destroy has happened on many forums." Mike McCann, another MagicRAR user, added "I think
sometimes people confuse free speech with calumny or slander. I also think that whoever writes claiming
the mantle of free speech should have the courage to show their name and contact details, and not hide
under the cover of anonymity."

About Simon King`s Utilities Group

Simon King`s Utilities Group, founded in 2009, is a software development company focused solely on
state-of-the-art data compression technologies offering the highest data compression ratios along with
ease of use previously thought impossible. The company is a Microsoft BizSpark Startup. For more
information, and a free unrestricted 30 day trial download, please visit www.magicrar.com

####

MEDIA CONTACT:

Simon King
Simon King`s Utilities Group Pty Ltd.
Australia Square Level 33 Suite 5012
264 George Street, Sydney
NSW 2000, Australia
+61 (02) 9475 4019
[email protected]
http://www.magicrar.com/

WinZip® is a registered trademark of WinZip International LLC.
WinRAR® is a registered trademark of win.rar GmbH.
All other marks are property of their respective owners.

Edited by n0_risk!

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Avitar

• leland

• SnakeMasteR

• LeeSmithG

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon King luvs to write his name everywhere.

If it's the software I think it is, it continually mentions his name everywhere in his software.

Writer of winrar doesn't.

I did the smart thing: I hex edited the application and dependencies to replace "53 69 6d 6f 6e 20 4b 69 6e 67 " with "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20" Oddly enough the AES encryption key was.. yes you guessed it "Simon King"

I tried his software a while back but was not impressed enough to continue using it. I just took a look at the thread on Donation Coder and I saw nothing that seemed to indicate anyone reverse engineered the code. It sounded more like experienced developers discussing what they saw as they used the software including potential languages used. Nothing really defamatory or anything. I think Simon just hates the fact that his marketing claims were shown not to be completely truthful. What did he expect making a challenge on a board with many experienced developers? Crazy...

I did the smart thing: I hex edited the application and dependencies to replace "53 69 6d 6f 6e 20 4b 69 6e 67 " with "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20" Oddly enough the AES encryption key was.. yes you guessed it "Simon King"

I'm very impressed bud,you clearly have some skills. :)

I'm very impressed bud,you clearly have some skills. :)

Ahh I see we have at least one person wise enough to figure out what I did there :cheers: