Microsoft Toolkit.2.4.8 crashes on Windows 8.1 for office 2013 volume activation

alienvi

I have installed and activated - W 8.1 x86 Retail Key

I installed Office 2013 volume edition on W8.1

When I use Microsoft Toolkit.2.4.8 for Office 2013 Volume activation, it crashes....

So is it conflict between

OS - w8.1 being Retail version

and

Office 2013 being Volume version

OR

any other reason?

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lacius

• AR_Alex

• Matt

• alienvi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows 8.1 uses KMS protocol v6, which is currently unsupported by Microsoft Toolkit and has yet to be successfully cracked and emulated. Windows 8 uses KMS protocol v5, which is currently supported by Microsoft Toolkit. Microsoft Office 2013 VL uses whichever KMS protocol the operating system is using. Because you are using Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office 2013 is also using KMS v6, which is currently unsupported.

You are going to have to wait for a solution to KMS protocol v6 (could be weeks, months, years, or never), use the solution above, buy Office 2013, or downgrade to Office 2010 (which uses KMS v4 no matter what the OS is).

Edit: With regard to how long it might take to reverse-engineer KMS protocol v6, it took around 6 months to reverse engineer KMS protocol v5. It might be that KMS v6 is so similar to KMS v5 that it will be reverse-engineered much earlier. It also might be that new security measures will make it more difficult to reverse-engineer. Only time will tell.

Edited by Lacius

Windows 8.1 uses KMS protocol v6, which is currently unsupported by Microsoft Toolkit and has yet to be successfully cracked and emulated. Windows 8 uses KMS protocol v5, which is currently supported by Microsoft Toolkit. Microsoft Office 2013 VL uses whichever KMS protocol the operating system is using. Because you are using Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office 2013 is also using KMS v6, which is currently unsupported.

You are going to have to wait for a solution to KMS protocol v6 (could be weeks, months, years, or never), use the solution above, buy Office 2013, or downgrade to Office 2010 (which uses KMS v4 no matter what the OS is).

Edit: With regard to how long it might take to reverse-engineer KMS protocol v6, it took around 6 months to reverse engineer KMS protocol v5. It might be that KMS v6 is so similar to KMS v5 that it will be reverse-engineered much earlier. It also might be that new security measures will make it more difficult to reverse-engineer. Only time will tell.

Yeah you are completely wrong about this let me message you to clarify and correct a few things about this...

Message sent :) I hope this clarifies more about kms v6

Edited by AR_Alex

Yeah you are completely wrong about this let me message you to clarify and correct a few things about this...

Message sent :) I hope this clarifies more about kms v6

You don't seem to understand how KMS emulation works or the difference between KMS emulation and other forms of KMS activation. I sent you a PM correcting your misinformation. What I posted pertaining to Microsoft Toolkit is accurate.

november_ra1n

Thank you CODY we will now at least have a license backup. :showoff: without having to copy folders

As far as i am aware backup and restore function disable with Microsoft Toolkit since the compatible version of Windows 8.