• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• november_ra1n

• hamede

• anakin206

• tezza

This looks like the right place to ask so here goes:

I've always used windows toolkit to activate windows 8 pro but now with the 8.1 update i obviously can't update...

So was hoping that i could remove the toolkit activation and do a proper windows activation (as with office 2013 on this site) and then just download 8.1 as an update.

Is this possible or is my only choice a clean 8.1 install? If possible could someone point in the right direction on how to do this?

Many thanks

november_ra1n

This looks like the right place to ask so here goes:

I've always used windows toolkit to activate windows 8 pro but now with the 8.1 update i obviously can't update...

So was hoping that i could remove the toolkit activation and do a proper windows activation (as with office 2013 on this site) and then just download 8.1 as an update.

Is this possible or is my only choice a clean 8.1 install? If possible could someone point in the right direction on how to do this?

Many thanks

Clean installation advisable download links phone activation and working Windows 8.1 Pro/Enterprise key is topic below just hurry up

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-build-9600-rtm-download-links-activation-via-phone-kms/

Edited by november_ra1n

But no way to change my current window 8.0 into a non KMS activated - phone activated one - so i can just download the 8.1 update?

pretty happy with the state of the current install - just trying to find a way to get 8.1 over this one....

But no way to change my current window 8.0 into a non KMS activated - phone activated one - so i can just download the 8.1 update?

pretty happy with the state of the current install - just trying to find a way to get 8.1 over this one....

Uninstall MTK, activate with a key, use a Win 8.1 ISO, choose upgrade option, then reactivate again when finished.