The Haunting In Conneticut

Rock Lee

thehauntinginconnecticu.jpg

Based on a true story, The Haunting in Connecticut charts one family's real-life encounter with the dark forces of the supernatural. When the Campbell family moves to upstate Connecticut, they soon learn that their charming Victorian home has a disturbing history: not only was the house a transformed funeral parlor where inconceivable acts occurred, but the owner's clairvoyant son Jonah served as a demonic messenger, providing a gateway for spiritual entities to crossover. Now unspeakable terror awaits when Jonah, the boy who communicated with the dead, returns to unleash horror on the innocent and unsuspecting family.
- IMDB

I saw this story on Discovery Channel's (could be different name in other areas) A Haunting, thinking the film would add a little Hollywood to it and wash it down. Surprisingly, the movie itself had a fluent and thorough plot line, making it easy to understand and follow. Like every movie, it has its slow points, but the tension builds up and up throughout. The fact that Matt (the main character) had an illness made more twists to the story. If the treatment they gave him caused hallucinations, they would call off the procedure. What Matt thought was hallucinations would be explained by the ongoings in the house. Matt isnt the only one expiriencing them, but early into the movie his family is skeptical of Matt and what he sees. As the movie progresses, the entire family gets sucked into the macabre scenario. Also, the colors intensify and relax at different points (ie stress, sadness) giving the movie more feeling.

The overall scare factor in this movie is 6 ish. The story isnt a traditional ghosts and demons story, which I know some were looking for. If you are looking for a hard core horror film, dont go to this one.

For a PG-13 film, its better than average. I'm not disappointed because I knew what to expect. Well written, well acted.

Rating: 7/10 | Not a "Must See" but worth the watch

• Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This film has been really hyped up. Was gonna go see it next week, might re-consider now!

This film has been really hyped up. Was gonna go see it next week, might re-consider now!

Yeah it was pretty hyped. Like I said, it's not a must see. I liked it, didnt love it.

If I were you, I'd go and see it. It's worth the money in my opinion :s

Archived