Adventureland

Rudeboy2025

Rudeboy2025

I was lucky enough to watch a free advanced screening at my school tonight and I'm glad that I decided to go.

After watching the trailer and finding out that the director also made Superbad, I was really excited, but this is a different comedy. Superbad is just flat out hilarious and had me laughing through pretty much the entire movie. Adventureland is hilarious as well, but it also develops its characters and turns out to be a little bit of romantic comedy. It had some great one liners where everybody in the theater was laughing out loud.

I had not heard of the lead actor until this movie and he pulls of his role quite nicely. Kirsten Stewart was surprisingly good and not what I was expecting. The rest of the supporting cast was great, but I thought that Bill Hader stole every scene he was in - he's extremely funny in my opinion.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. If you're expecting something along the lines of Superbad, you'll be a bit disappointed, but this is a great comedy nonetheless and you should definitely go watch if you love comedies.

9/10

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You really watch a fair few films don't you! Thanks for the quick overview of the films.

Rudeboy2025
You really watch a fair few films don't you! Thanks for the quick overview of the films.

For a pirate, I watch a bunch in theaters 8)

Archived