Tell us a trick that you think, you know it only!

rudrax

AlienForce1

There is faster way to do this :lol:

Go to : http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Copy paste video url from youtube

Click "Convert Video"

Done , you can download now your mp3 file :P :)

Yes , it`s faster , but from that site you can download also the videoclip ( .flv or .mp4 ) , not only the song (.mp3)

• Replies 83
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is faster way to do this :lol:

Go to : http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Copy paste video url from youtube

Click "Convert Video"

Done , you can download now your mp3 file :P :)

Yes , it`s faster , but from that site you can download also the videoclip ( .flv or .mp4 ) , not only the song (.mp3)

Ooops :D

Didn't noticed that :lol:

I thought it was only for mp3 :tehe:

:cheers:

To take a screenshot of a window on your desktop, select it & press Alt+Print Screen then past it into your favorite program. & That's it. :)

Thanks so much! Again! :D

• Administrator

I can fit an elephant into a small hat. :) But I'm not going to tell how, because then you will come to know, so I won't be the only one knowing it. :P

What, you said "Tell us a trick that you think, you know it only". :D

Jokes apart, here's a trick hardly anyone using Windows 8 knows about.

1. Have Windows 8.

2. Let a program hang.

3. Open Task Manager.

4. Right click the software.

5. Go to Details.

6. Right click the software.

7. Analyze wait chain.

This way, you can see how or why a software is hanging. If an different software (or anything else) is hanging your current software, you can see it from here. Very helpful if you know how to use it well. Works more than 50% of times.

Something like this:

Oz9aHwL.jpg

Here's another one from me :naughty:

Finding driver for a unknown device notified in Device Manager

• Go to Device Manager
  • Right click on subject device that has no driver installed (unknown hardware)
  • Go to Properties
  • Go to Details tab
  • From Property dropdown menu select Hardware Ids
  • Right click and copy the first hardware ID that appears in the Value list
  • Paste in on google and hit enter
  • When the results appear, go to the www.driveridentifier.com site (there could be www2.driveridentifier.com, don't go there)
  • When the site loads, you will find a list of driver for your hardware according to the OEM

BbkicKG.png

• Select the first one considering your OEM and click on it
  • When the page loads, right click on Download from OEM button (In my case, it will be Download from Sony) and click on Copy link location from the list

g2a3czz.png

• Now paste it in the address bar and edit the link removing all other just to remain
    http or ftp://blah.OEM.blah/blah/may be a double blah/driver.exe or .zip
    (when editing, you gotta replace all the %3As with : and all the %2Fs with /)
  • After completing edit, hit enter and you will be at the download page or the download have already been started in your download manager.

Please, give feedback if it works for anyone else.

Funny google trick for those who are going to see it for first time

Open google.com type "google gravity" in search box now hover over mouse on it. It will Highlights I'm feeling lucky click on it and see the result

UEaFc6q.jpg

How to create a folder that can't be deleted or renamed?

Open command prompt select Drive where you wanna create the Folder e.g (D,E,F) except system drive.

I'm going to create it on my "D" drive.

First type "D:" in command prompt To enter in drive D or any drive name where you want to create The folder

next type "md lp1t\" and hit Enter. Now go to drive D and try to delete or rename the created folder.

tem1.jpg

How to delete it now?

This is impossible to delete it manual. So once again open command prompt select drive where you've created folder, now type "rd lpt1\" and folder will be deleted.

you can give any of these keyword as a folder name " con, aux, lpt1, lpt2, lpt3, lpt4, lpt5, lpt6, lpt7, lpt8 and lpt9"

also we can't create a Folder directly with one of the given keywords.

• 3 weeks later...

How to remove the annoying Explorer ribbon from windows 8 to get windows 7 like interface without patching system file?

Well, this isn't a trick that I know it only, in fact, it's a copy-paste from a forum.

Alright, here we go:

Download the Resource Hacker (portable) if you don't have it already.

portablexapps.blogspot.in/2013/04/resource-hacker-portable-multilingual.html
  • Copy the file ExplorerFrame.dll from the location C:\Windows\System32 to any other location that you want.
  • Instal and run Resource Hacker and open the ExplorerFrame.dll from the location you had moved it.
  • Now, navigate to UIFILE -> EXPLORER_RIBBON -> 1033 and delete the 1033 file.

Removing_Ribbon_Windows_8_Explorer.png

• Save it and exit.
  • Now, rename the original ExplorerFrame.dll to any other name (you will need to take ownership to rename those system files) and paste the modified ExplorerFrame.dll there and restart to have the following look:

screenshot_27.png

The old windows 7 style is back :thumbsup:

Source of the trick.

• Administrator

Any such tricks to bring back the status bar (big one) back? The one that showed thumbnails and stuff when a file was hovered / clicked once?

Any such tricks to bring back the status bar (big one) back? The one that showed thumbnails and stuff when a file was hovered / clicked once?

Will look for that :spank:

Edit: Are you talking about Detail pane? If not, please specify the thing with a screenshot.

How to remove the annoying Explorer ribbon from windows 8 to get windows 7 like interface without patching system file?

Well, this isn't a trick that I know it only, in fact, it's a copy-paste from a forum.

Alright, here we go:

Download the Resource Hacker (portable) if you don't have it already.

portablexapps.blogspot.in/2013/04/resource-hacker-portable-multilingual.html
  • Copy the file ExplorerFrame.dll from the location C:\Windows\System32 to any other location that you want.
  • Instal and run Resource Hacker and open the ExplorerFrame.dll from the location you had moved it.
  • Now, navigate to UIFILE -> EXPLORER_RIBBON -> 1033 and delete the 1033 file.

Removing_Ribbon_Windows_8_Explorer.png

• Save it and exit.
  • Now, rename the original ExplorerFrame.dll to any other name (you will need to take ownership to rename those system files) and paste the modified ExplorerFrame.dll there and restart to have the following look:

screenshot_27.png

The old windows 7 style is back :thumbsup:

Source of the trick.

There is also safe portable application available here through which you can also revert the changes made..

http://winaero.com/download.php?view.18

:) :) :)

There is also safe portable application available here through which you can also revert the changes made..

I'd rather, replace the original .dll that I already have backed up :)

Ok. but this application is not only for reverting the changes made,but also for removing the Ribbon explorer in windows 8 safer and easier to use than using Resource Hacker.. :showoff:

I'd rather, replace the original .dll that I already have backed up :)

Ok. but this application is not only for reverting the changes made,but also for removing the Ribbon explorer in windows 8 safer and easier to use than using Resource Hacker.. :showoff:

I can understand that. But, if you be careful enough and do just what's needed to be done, then everything will go just fine.

Guys, I've found out a trick to bring the detail pane to bottom for windows 8. For this, you will need to edit the shell32.dll. The editing is quite easy but all these are useless as you can not replace shell32.dll. The shell32.dll remains severely locked during the session by various process.

I tried renaming shell32.dll but after you rename it, you can't paste the new edited one to the system32 folder. The copying process shows complete but nothing happens. Now you can't rename the shell32.dll back to the original. Rename process ends successfully but nothing happens. In this state, you can't use the Admin command prompt, Task manager and other executable that requires shell32.dll for their operation. You restart the PC and windows 8 will prevent you from booting. Now format your PC.

So, you can't replace the shell32.dll by renaming it. You gotta replace it via copy-paste machanism where the older one gets replaced by the newer one having same filename. But you can't do that as shell32.dll remains locked like hell. I tried unlocker but it fails too.

So, is there any other way to replace shell32.dll?

Guys, I've found out a trick to bring the detail pane to bottom for windows 8. For this, you will need to edit the shell32.dll. The editing is quite easy but all these are useless as you can not replace shell32.dll. The shell32.dll remains severely locked during the session by various process.

I tried renaming shell32.dll but after you rename it, you can't paste the new edited one to the system32 folder. The copying process shows complete but nothing happens. Now you can't rename the shell32.dll back to the original. Rename process ends successfully but nothing happens. In this state, you can't use the Admin command prompt, Task manager and other executable that requires shell32.dll for their operation. You restart the PC and windows 8 will prevent you from booting. Now format your PC.

So, you can't replace the shell32.dll by renaming it. You gotta replace it via copy-paste machanism where the older one gets replaced by the newer one having same filename. But you can't do that as shell32.dll remains locked like hell. I tried unlocker but it fails too.

So, is there any other way to replace shell32.dll?

Have a look and try this.. :coolwink:

http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/winownership/

So forget all the hasles and here's one executable by MrGrim01

Here's the executable: http://www.mediafire.com/?l9ewhxo90iz7ec1

screenshot_27.png

Select the first option from the list and install. Ignore the errors that pops up and restart the system to have this:

screenshot_30.png

Successfully tested on Windows 8 pro x64 by me.

Any trick to get back the old 'Show desktop' button at the end of Taskbar just like in windows 7..(In windows 8 there is only blank space,though it works just like in windows 7 ) :rolleyes:

Any trick to get back the old 'Show desktop' button at the end of Taskbar just like in windows 7..(In windows 8 there is only blank space,though it works just like in windows 8 ) :rolleyes:

In this case, I feel windows 8's one is better..The one in windows 7 taskbar was making the taskbar to look a bit ugly though. I'll search this anyway.

• 1 month later...

Is there anyone who is missing the options highlighted below since firefox v23 update?

screenshot_1378348130.png

Install this addon and get 'em back.

Source of the trick

unknownasphyxiated

Is there anyone who is missing the options highlighted below since firefox v23 update?

Install this addon and get 'em back.

Source of the trick

i prefer to use QuickJava addon

for popup,maybe Adblock Plus Popup Addon

MobaLiveCD allows you to test your LiveCD with a single click : after downloading the ISO image file of your favorite LiveCD, you just have to start it in MobaLiveCD and here you are, without the need to burn a CD-Rom or to reboot your computer.

http://mobalivecd.mobatek.net/en/

It's not a trick but it feels like one when you use it :D

Want to see what the iso does quickly and simply? Not seen it mentioned lately and it's incredibly useful to have. Plus it's free!

MobaLiveCD key features:

• No need to burn the CD-Rom anymore
  • You can use the right-click menu for an easy and fast start
  • Program without installation that you can start from an USB stick
  • A clear and easy to use interface
  • Light and portable application, packaged in a single executable of 1.6MBonly

• 1 month later...

Check if you CPU overheats without any third party product

• Run command prompt as admin
  • Type in
    wmic cpu get CurrentClockSpeed, MaxClockSpeed /every:1
    and hit enter. Now it will show you CPU's Current frequency and Maximum frequency.
  • Now, leave the previous window as it is and open another command prompt as admin and type in
    winsat cpuformal
    and hit enter. This will put load on the CPU for a few seconds and left it as it is.
  • Now switch back to the first command prompt window and and observe the current and maximum frequency. If the current frequency drops and keeps on dropping than the Maximum frequency, then your CPU is overheating. But if the CPU current frequency rises and keeps on rising towards the maximum frequency or constantly remains at maximum CPU frequency, your CPU is fine.

Archived