Tell us a trick that you think, you know it only!

rudrax

So you heard the title. Here's my trick that I think, I know it only.

Can you download a SWF media from a website involving ABP (AddBlockPlus)?

Here's how:

• Keep ABP on
  • Go to any site containing SWF contents
  • Click on a content that you like
  • Let it load a bit
  • Hover the mouse over the media - you will notice a ABP banner (Block) at top-right corner of the media.
  • Right click on the banner and click "copy link location" from the list and paste it to IDM to download.

• Replies 83
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a trick how to make a "Invisible folder" Maybe someone already knows how to do it but here it is :lol:

Edit: I forgot this :lol: Right click - Rename - Than hold "alt" and type "255" with numeric keyboard :D Sorry :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Take A screenshot of what you are looking at on Google Chrome using only Google chrome without any extension or any Windows software

In Google Chrome, Settings>Tools>Report an issue>Clic Right on the Screenshot to be sent to Google, Save it and done :D

To take a screenshot of a window on your desktop, select it & press Alt+Print Screen then past it into your favorite program. & That's it. :)

To take a screenshot of a window on your desktop, select it & press Alt+Print Screen then past it into your favorite program. & That's it. :)

I do it by pressing only Print (Impr) and paste (CTRL+V) to "Paint", then save it =)

If you are using a new keyboard and you don't know how to type sth or you are lost because you changed keyboard type from AZERTY to QUERTY and vice versa.. Just press CTRL+R> Type "osk" Press Enter and a virtual Keyboard will appear :)

If you were going to shut down the PC, and just after clicking shutdown you realized that You have to do sth before that, you can can press "Esc" Quickly to abort the shutdown process

this trick is for newbies: If you opened a folder, wanted select some pics or mp3s but they are far from each other and you want to select them at the same time, just press ctrl+alt and start selecting as you like and just use ctrl+c/ctrl+v trick for better productivity, and if you want to select all the items just press ctrl+a

thePatcher

in win8 you dont have to paste printscr to paint and save it. You just have to click windowskey+printscr, look for my documents/screenshots, then viola you got you screenshots in .jpg format.

If we have different windows open at the same time and we want only one to leave on desktop and all other to be minimized, for doing this select and hold the windows you want keep on the screed e.g I've chosen "Calculator" now shake it you'll see all other windows will be minimized.

ZHYMgwi.jpg

Here's a trick how to make a "Invisible folder" Maybe someone already knows how to do it but here it is :lol:

Edit: I forgot this :lol: Right click - Rename - Than hold "alt" and type "255" with numeric keyboard :D Sorry :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is most common trick that pops up around the forums, yet no offense is done as you think you know it only.

If we have different windows open at the same time and we want only one to leave on desktop and all other to be minimized, for doing this select and hold the windows you want keep on the screed e.g I've chosen "Calculator" now shake it you'll see all other windows will be minimized.

ZHYMgwi.jpg

This is a official trick by M$. I noticed it posted by M$ on the facebook once. However, the trick won't work if aero shake is disabled. Thanks for your share though, mate :)

This iHowever, the trick won't work if aero shake is disabled.

Sorry I forgot to tell that this feature was first introduced in windows 7 and will not work with the earlier versions of windows

Sometimes the Explorer process hangs and you are forced to end it so the Task bar disappear, to restore it just: press ctrl+shift+Esc, the task manager will appear, Go to : File>New Task (Run..)> type "explorer.exe" > OK and done

Blackchildcx

If u want to create a portable app,

1.you need sandboxy

2.run the setup.exe (the app you want to have portable)in sandbox

3.copy the content from sandbox anywhere (maybe a flashdrive.

4.run the exe file and you have a portable app(runs without installation.

dont work always, but almost always;-)

SnakeMasteR

To open a console window with the path of the folder where you are, type cmd into the address bar of the folder and hit ENTER, so you don't need to browse you manually there within the cmd window. :P

cmdknswf.gif

I do it by pressing only Print (Impr) and paste (CTRL+V) to "Paint", then save it =)

The difference between (Print Scrn) and (ALT+Print Scrn) is this, the first print all desktop and the second only prints the active/selected window.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is most common trick that pops up around the forums, yet no offense is done as you think you know it only.

I didn't said that i only know it :showoff: Just wanted to share this trick :D

It's very useful for "private files" If you know what i mean :tehe:

The difference between (Print Scrn) and (ALT+Print Scrn) is this, the first print all desktop and the second only prints the active/selected window.

Thanks for explanation, tried it and it works fine :)

To open a console window with the path of the folder where you are, type cmd into the address bar of the folder and hit ENTER, so you don't need to browse you manually there within the cmd window. :P

cmdknswf.gif

or just keep pressing shift and then right mouse click chose open cmd windows here in context menu.

or just keep pressing shift and then right mouse click chose open cmd windows here in context menu.

In Windows 8 Press "windows key+X+A" B)

First of all I would like to say that I'm not the only one who knows this trick

Trick to Hide local drives (C,D,E,F,G)
1:Open command prompt (Admin) and type "Diskpart" and hit enter
vXJE58x.jpg
2:Next Type "List Volume" It'll open list of all drives
3HvwXkh.jpg
3:I'm gonna hide drive G So I'll type "select volume 5" you can choose any volume you want to hide
WYSdif1.jpg
4:Now Type "remove letter G"
gQ9p2Kn.jpg
Now G drive is hidden.
How to bring hide drive back? Repeat all process as above this time type "assign letter G" instead of "remove letter G" And your drive will be back
0l9dLhQ.jpg

AlienForce1

If you want to download from YouTube , without installing any additional program , here is one method :

- select the song you want :

ybnCceI.jpg

- in the web adress insert `pwn` before youtube :

EwSC6og.jpg

- click `Enter` on keyboard -> you will be redirected :

ZZMzriZ.jpg

- from this site you can chose how to download the song :

IRreAM8.jpgPh1Ji4M.jpgcFVDoC6.jpg

- now you can listen in your favourite player :

7BRkLpq.jpg

( I don`t pretend I`m the only one who knows this ... , just wanted to share it )

If you want to download from YouTube , without installing any additional program , here is one method :

( I don`t pretend I`m the only one who knows this ... , just wanted to share it )

There is faster way to do this :lol:

Go to : http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Copy paste video url from youtube

Click "Convert Video"

Done , you can download now your mp3 file :P :)

Archived