Mozilla Firefox 23.0 Beta 1

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Download

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RoboForm - are you listening . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . behen-ch**d.

Firefox auto-updated to v22 making RoboForm broken! :angry:

What do you guys think of KeePass, Dashlane, 1Password?

Tell me if you know anything better other than LastPass

Uh-oh - is your Maintenance Service running by any chance or (also) is your Firefox updates set (reset) to enabled?

I use Keepass, the 1.xx branch. I think roboform and lastpass keep your passwords in the "cloud" uhm no thanks. I'll keep my passwords on MY local drive. Where only I can access it. There's keepass apps for android etc. But I wouldn't put that on a "smartphone".

I think roboform and lastpass keep your passwords in the "cloud" uhm no thanks.

RoboForm keeps the passcards on one's HDD with an additional option for Users who insist on the cloud.

I dont understand why ppl insist not using lastpass? :huh: it does a great work regarding passwords keeping and "pattern" them in each site need them ;)

I dont understand why ppl insist not using lastpass? :huh: it does a great work regarding passwords keeping and "pattern" them in each site need them ;)

User friendliness, my friend - RoboForm is much more convenient. I'm using LastPass on one system and RoboForm on another. :)

Uh-oh - is your Maintenance Service running by any chance or (also) is your Firefox updates set (reset) to enabled?

No I don't install Maintenance Service as I want control.

It was just my curiosity that got me here...

I clicked on About settings to see if the update is there and it auto-updated me :P

@demoneye

I gave LastPass a shot, but it disappointed me with its lack of convenience among other stuff.

@Cyn

What dcs18 said about RF, and do you copy-paste your passwords into the forms or use some plugin auto-fill-forms (I need for Firefox)?

Try Sticky Password PRO.

so , users should need to roboform to be upgrade not firefox as far as i understand this issue .... :mellow:

so , users should need to roboform to be upgrade not firefox as far as i understand this issue .... :mellow:

Yep, the culprit is RoboForm (which needs to be updated) - this is one area where LastPass (which works even on the x64-bit Nightly) owns RoboForm.

Try Sticky Password PRO.

So far so good. :)

• Memory usage is a bit higher than RF (Not a problem :P )
  • Little bit less convenient than RF (Can't open logins directly from the taskbar)
  • It has less options, but that's not a big problem
  • Plug-in memory usage is low
  • Auto-fills-forms ()
  • Works up to Firefox 23

This is my top alternative for RoboForm :showoff:

ederfernandez

Click to play auto enables Flash in v23b, I've have disabled to not auto start Youtube videos and now it has enabled by default and don't find where to disable. In about:config - click.to.play is true and plugin.state.flash option is not present :unsure:

unknownasphyxiated

Click to play auto enables Flash in v23b, I've have disabled to not auto start Youtube videos and now it has enabled by default and don't find where to disable. In about:config - click.to.play is true and plugin.state.flash option is not present :unsure:

try flash block addon

Firefox 23 Changelog:

• NEW Mixed content blocking enabled to protects our users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages (learn more)
  • NEW Added animations for swipe navigation in Mac OSX 10.7 and newer
  • NEW Support bounce behavior when reaching top and bottom of documents on Mac OSX 10.7 and newer
  • NEW Support for new scrollbar style in Mac OSX 10.7 and newer
  • CHANGED Consolidated search default preference now lets users switch to another search provider in the search box and change the setting for addressbar and context search
  • CHANGED "Load images automatically", "Enable JavaScript", and Always show the tab bar" checkboxes removed from preferences
  • CHANGED Enabled DXVA2 on Windows Vista+ to accelerate H.264 video decoding
  • CHANGED Improved about:memory's functional UI
  • CHANGED Replaced plugin installation notification bar with door hanger
  • DEVELOPER Dropped blink effect from text-decoration: blink; and completely removed <blink> element
  • DEVELOPER Partial support for Web Audio, targeted at web developers for testing
  • DEVELOPER Added unprefixed requestAnimationFrame
  • DEVELOPER HTML5 <input type="range"> form control implemented
  • DEVELOPER Write more accessible pages on touch interfaces with new ARIA role for key buttons
  • DEVELOPER Implemented a global browser console
  • DEVELOPER Support a full share panel (Social API)

any changelog?

Archived