Unable to Download Videos From Youtube using IDM with Chrome Browser !

SlimRock

Hi Folks !!!

I am trying to download videos From Youtube using IDM with Chrome browser, IDM download panel only shows 2 downloadable mp4 files and downloading either of them there is no audio video in these particular files. I am only getting videos downloaded with blank black screen. If I download same video using IE 9,10 there is no Problem at all. Already tried this on different systems whether its WIN 8 OR 7 with Dev, Beta and Stable versions of Chrome, Uninstalled IDM and Chrome no. of times, cleaned cache, cookies and other junk stuff with Ccleaner, also tried downloading in incognito mode by disabling all the addons except IDM but still same problem persists. I am having this issue since last couple of IDM releases.

IDM Download panel with all the Extensions Enabled:

http://goput.it/4rn.png

IDM Download Panel with Extensions disabled Except IDM:

http://goput.it/hdo.png

IDM download Panel in IE 10:

http://goput.it/lyt.png

If anyone can be any help to resolve this issue I'll be very Glad.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 28
  • Views 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes I understand. I thought maybe youd actually like to get videos from youtube, not work on IDM/Chrome issues all day...have fun.

yes I understand. I thought maybe youd actually like to get videos from youtube, not work on IDM/Chrome issues all day...have fun.

Thanks Dude !!! I appreciate your kind gesture. I am using IE 10 to download videos from youtube as I have earlier mentioned in my Post that there are no issues with IE !!!

Thanks Dude !!! I appreciate your kind gesture. I am using IE 10 to download videos from youtube as I have earlier mentioned in my Post that there are no issues with IE !!!

Not a problem, glad to help!

@ slimrock

I'd suggest the following:-

• Backup the Chrome profile
  • Uninstall Chrome completely
  • Reboot
  • Remove all Chrome debris from the system manually
  • Remove all Chrome debris from the registry manually
  • Reboot
  • Install the latest Chrome creating a fresh profile
  • Let the IDM add-on install on your clean Chrome

In case your issue is unresolved - you can always restore to your previous state using the profile you backed up.

@ slimrock

I'd suggest the following:-

• Backup the Chrome profile
  • Uninstall Chrome completely
  • Reboot
  • Remove all Chrome debris from the system manually
  • Remove all Chrome debris from the registry manually
  • Reboot
  • Install the latest Chrome creating a fresh profile
  • Let the IDM add-on install on your clean Chrome

In case your issue is unresolved - you can always restore to your previous state using the profile you backed up.

I followed your instructions but still same issue !

unknownasphyxiated

next,try uninstall using software like revo uninstaller and reinstall idm :D or just reinstall and reboot

I Did the clean Re install of the system but still no help :banned: !!!

Since some days ago, there is a problems with new Vevo's implementation on YouTube server. For this reason, many applications can no longer download Vevo videos until the app authors fix these problems.

IDM fixed the YouTube issue. :)

I have contacted the IDM support staff for this issue and got the Reply as :

Hello,

Please update IDM to the latest version 6.16 build 3. This should solve your problem.

Best regards,

Dave Saeger
IDM Support
Tonec Inc.
I have already mentioned to them that I am using the latest version of IDM but I think they didnt get the whole point of my main concern, So I replied them back and waiting accordingly & still no help.

Since some days ago, there is a problems with new Vevo's implementation on YouTube server. For this reason, many applications can no longer download Vevo videos until the app authors fix these problems.

No the issue isn't fixed for me with this latest version of IDM. There is a strange issue that I would like to share with you, whenever I am playing embedded videos on sites which have link to YouTube videos there is no issue with IDM download panel. In fact Embedded videos are showing individual downloadable files with different resolutions like 720p &1080p on those particular sites, but not on YouTube. !!!

No the issue isn't fixed for me with this latest version of IDM. There is a strange issue that I would like to share with you, whenever I am playing embedded videos on sites which have link to YouTube videos there is no issue with IDM download panel. In fact Embedded videos are showing individual downloadable files with different resolutions like 720p &1080p on those particular sites, but not on YouTube. !!!

Oh, I see - can you try disabling your security add-ons such as Adblock, NoScript, Ghostery, etc., etc. just temporarily to find out if that helps.

Oh, I see - can you try disabling your security add-ons such as Adblock, NoScript, Ghostery, etc., etc. just temporarily to find out if that helps.

Hi Folks !!!

I am trying to download videos From Youtube using IDM with Chrome browser, IDM download panel only shows 2 downloadable mp4 files and downloading either of them there is no audio video in these particular files. I am only getting videos downloaded with blank black screen. If I download same video using IE 9,10 there is no Problem at all. Already tried this on different systems whether its WIN 8 OR 7 with Dev, Beta and Stable versions of Chrome, Uninstalled IDM and Chrome no. of times, cleaned cache, cookies and other junk stuff with Ccleaner, also tried downloading in incognito mode by disabling all the addons except IDM but still same problem persists. I am having this issue since last couple of IDM releases.

IDM Download panel with all the Extensions Enabled:

http://goput.it/4rn.png

IDM Download Panel with Extensions disabled Except IDM:

http://goput.it/hdo.png

IDM download Panel in IE 10:

http://goput.it/lyt.png

If anyone can be any help to resolve this issue I'll be very Glad.

Thanks in advance.

Dear, Already tried no. of times but still no help !!!

@ slimrock

I see that you've done a lot of work, yourself - ATM, I wonder if you can just try disabling the Advanced browser integration. It will just take a reboot before you can test it out on Chrome at YouTube. Post-testing you can re-enable it.

@ slimrock

I see that you've done a lot of work, yourself - ATM, I wonder if you can just try disabling the Advanced browser integration. It will just take a reboot before you can test it out on Chrome at YouTube. Post-testing you can re-enable it.

Mate By disabling advanced browser integration option, IDM download panel doesn't shows up on you tube while playing the videos. I think I should Re-enable the advanced browser integration.

Thanks for Help !!!

1" Goto Google chrome extension

XY7onDu.jpg

2:Make sure you have this extension Enabled

K4yTw47.jpg

Also check IDM "Download option" if you have downloads enabled from Chrome

NpWZuRr.jpg

V0Kscdb.jpg

Archived