• Ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu/edubuntu/etc 13.xx x86 x64
    • Linux Mint 15,xx Cinnamon Mate x86 x64
    • Android x86
    • gOS x86 x64
    • OpenSuse
    • Red Hat
    • Other Linux OS (please specify)

• 1 month later...

I am currently running Android on Intel x86 architecture. Thinking of using "Kali Linux" in my next desktop build along with windows 10 in dual-boot mode.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started with SUSE about 12 years ago, doodled with Ubuntu over the last few years and set up Zorin 12 Ultra in January.  I ticked "other" but Zorin is a sort of Ubuntu fork, I guess.  I´m happy with it and Mrs Tambler and the kids have no trouble using it after being used to W10.  I particularly like the pre-installed Kodi 17 which solves all Linux-related DVD/BD problems and is region-free out of the box.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Israeli_Eagle

I like many distros, but prefer a good GUI. So for example Mint MATE or OpenSUSE KDM.

But nowadays most are sadly super-ugly GNOME stuff, almost same as the default Win10 Metro Startmenu which only made for weak machines w/o any GPU who prefer only simple squares. YUK! :thumbsdown:

Anyway... And I only use Linux distros in a good VM. :guns:

• Haha 2

I can't find any. 😐 Recently I planned to install Mint to an old Win7 computer but there isn't any reasonable free online AV for Mint. 😒 This machine is still a spare for banking and other official tasks, and a good protection is needed. So win10 is the only one for me although 1909 made it sluggish. About ten years ago I tried replace XP by Puppy Linux but biggest difference was that Puppy crashed faster and more often. It was just better to strip XP for better speed. XP was so sweet. 😍

On 2/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, Radpop said:

I can't find any. 😐 Recently I planned to install Mint to an old Win7 computer but there isn't any reasonable free online AV for Mint. 😒 This machine is still a spare for banking and other official tasks, and a good protection is needed. So win10 is the only one for me although 1909 made it sluggish. About ten years ago I tried replace XP by Puppy Linux but biggest difference was that Puppy crashed faster and more often. It was just better to strip XP for better speed. XP was so sweet. 😍

Linux Mint is a lot less susceptible to viruses/malware than Windows 7. I find Mint XFCE works great on older hardware. You can try Comodo Anti-virus For Linux (CAVL) for AV software if you really wanted it.  How much more sluggish is the 1909 release? That is what scares me about these rolling upgrade cycles with Windows now. I feel like any update my old laptop (which i'm using now) will be turned obsolete. I just made the switch to Win 10 this past weekend too. 

• 3 months later...

Nothing fancy here, latest mint on two 'main computers' and one laptop. Working fine. Win7 around in a vm, and on a separate drive, in case.

Kali for my work, Manjaro for home. Both have improved massively in last couple of years.

Devuan(no systemd - I'm a rebel) for desktop.

Off pendrives:
Clonezilla for backups.
Kali for investigating.
Tails for sensitive stuff.
Kaspersky rescue for malware scans.