Please read the following announcement about thanks posts and their replacement; the like / thanks button.

Welcome to nsane.forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
585 replies to this topic

#441 marshall39

marshall39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

• France

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

Thanks Sought I guess I'll leave everything as it is now..Anyway Nod32 works just fine like that so why would I make my life harder? :D

#442 shought

shought

ViP Member

• Administrator
  • 11,777 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

Anyway Nod32 works just fine like that so why would I make my life harder? :D

You read my mind :)

'Viam interdum tantum deerrāntēs invenīre possunt.'
Posted Image
How to work with 'sharecodes' - Infected fix? - Forum Rules - Frontpage FAQ

#443 littlesausage

littlesausage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Blank

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:51 AM

I have a question - does the x64 fix work for x32 program? I have XP installed and after downloading the 32x for ESET NOD32 I tried using the mara-box fix. But it doesn't seem to detect the program.

Is there a mara-box x32 fix?

I reinstalled the program because it was being buggy. But now I seem to have a problem

"Could Not write value (DataDir) (Edition Name) AppDataDir to key \Software\ESET\ESET Security\Current Version\Info. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel"

and a whole bunch of other errors.

What should I do to try and fix it.

Edited by littlesausage, 28 February 2010 - 05:56 AM.

#444 shought

shought

ViP Member

• Administrator
  • 11,777 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

Run the box, mara-fix again and see if you can UnFix, because apparently the fix did work (that registry 'directory' gets modified in the process).

The fix is supposed to work for x32 and x64.

'Viam interdum tantum deerrāntēs invenīre possunt.'
Posted Image
How to work with 'sharecodes' - Infected fix? - Forum Rules - Frontpage FAQ

#445 littlesausage

littlesausage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Blank

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

Run the box, mara-fix again and see if you can UnFix, because apparently the fix did work (that registry 'directory' gets modified in the process).

The fix is supposed to work for x32 and x64.

ok, I got it working. I had to manually delete the keys from my registry using regedit. But its working now.

Thanks ^^

#446 reaper

reaper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• United States

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

*does the happy dance* new keys have been posted :)

Posted Image

#447 Bhaak

Bhaak

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:56 AM

i have downloaded eset smart security 4.0.474 and i have applied marabox 1.3
i have win 7 32bit
everything works without the firewall with Internet explorer.

At the moment i'm connected with a wireless and everything works if i disable the firewall.
I set interactive mode and hided my shared documents/folder/eccecc and allowed to internet exolorer to comunicate with in/out connections.
Only internet explorer doesn't work with the firewall enabled(for example i can ping google)
it has no sense because i tried to delete all firewall rules and after (with interactive mode) i allowed every in/out connections.
I checked all the firewall option but i don't find the problem...
maybe due to marafix? or tell me where is the problem...

#448 Sl@pSh0ckô

Sl@pSh0ckô

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 1,900 posts
  • Interests:IT, PC Games, Music and Female Anatomy

• Philippines

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

Bhaak ... go to setup - enter entire advanced tree - http/https - active mode - make sure internet explorer is unchecked.

nfslapshock2.png
Credit goes to HX1 for the sig.

#449 Bhaak

Bhaak

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

Bhaak ... go to setup - enter entire advanced tree - http/https - active mode - make sure internet explorer is unchecked.

ok i have solved if i disable http checking

Edited by Bhaak, 12 March 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#450 HX1

HX1

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 4,671 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

Another solution depending on your connection and DNS activity.. If you want HTTP/S checking.. would be to go to IDS Options, and see which one is cutting your connection.. I currently have the web access protection in place.. and use it with IE8 and all four of my browsers.. and many other applications I have in this area.. ( basically everything that hit the Internet ).. The problem I had with it on first install were two selections in IDS which caused ESET to register an attack and cut my connection after a few minutes, maybe even loading one page in my browser.. just seemed insane..LOL but finally through trial and error I found the two responsible and cut only those two off.. I had to turn them all off, and use them one by one.. until I replicated the problem...

I think mine were ARP and DNS poisoning.. which is handled by OpenDNS anyway... some sort of loop back I think.. using all of the advanced settings with OpenDNS I was using some experimental Beta features from them as well.. such as their new caching feature ( actually two years old ) and several others in place.. Caused some rather odd issues..
Posted Image

#451 ugatme

ugatme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

Anyone else having an issue with eav 4.2.35 and utorrent? Ever since I updated from 4.0.474 I literally haven't seeded a kb. Everything is ok with utorrent, open port, all torrents green, just not seeding. :frusty:

#452 Sl@pSh0ckô

Sl@pSh0ckô

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 1,900 posts
  • Interests:IT, PC Games, Music and Female Anatomy

• Philippines

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

@ ugatme

go to setup - enter entire advanced tree - http/https - active mode - make sure utorrent is unchecked

nfslapshock2.png
Credit goes to HX1 for the sig.

#453 ugatme

ugatme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

not even listed in active mode :s

#454 HX1

HX1

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 4,671 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

Checked your Rules and Zones for uT? May want to get into the exact rules and change the Protocols for each settings.. making sure your settings state a rule for both not just one or the other.. .. Might want to check with it off for a sec.. or even try to see if the 'Tracker' current working...
Posted Image

#455 ugatme

ugatme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Checked your Rules and Zones for uT? May want to get into the exact rules and change the Protocols for each settings.. making sure your settings state a rule for both not just one or the other.. .. Might want to check with it off for a sec.. or even try to see if the 'Tracker' current working...

Hey heath28m, not using ess, only eav the antivirus, that's what's making this so strange

#456 HX1

HX1

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 4,671 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

So are you using any other Firewall, or protection... Import your settings from the previous installation? How long has this been occurring.. and Did you double-check the tracker traffic..and possibly any other filtering like PeerBlock to see if anything is being blocked?
Posted Image

#457 ugatme

ugatme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Only using the routers firewall and i installed the new eav over the old so it kept my settings. Just after the reboot it started.
I use a private tracker so everything is ok there

Oh and just to play it safe i imported my settings afterwards

Edited by ugatme, 12 March 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#458 HX1

HX1

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 4,671 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

I am not for sure on this one... I will have to think.. but for the most part when you upgrade versions of ESET.. its always best to uninstall first... wipe out the files and registry and install... I am just always feel better doing it that way.. and I would check and see if the Windows Firewall hasn't turned on.. just to be sure.. depending on what OS you have... it could be blocking...

I will have to do some more thinking on this though, nothing is really coming to mind or standing out right off..except for your ISP.. but it would seem that more than seeding would be defunct.. Have you checked your settings on your Router/ Its as easy to hack into a router as it is anything else.. especially if your ISP has access to it..

Edited by heath28m, 12 March 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

#459 DKT27

DKT27

ViP Member

• Moderators
  • 19,900 posts
  • Interests:Softwares,
    gaming and
    security.

• India

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

I believe it's the upgrade that has caused the problem. It's always recommended to uninstall ESET, clean registry, and then install the new version.

NSANEDOWN-Portal_SC.png

See a thread or a post that needs moderator attention? Report it.

#460 Bhaak

Bhaak

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Blank

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

i'm sorry to write again and disturb you but now the problem is another; with the firewall activated internet explorer is very very low in the page loading.
What could be the cause? i have enable http checking.

another question: how can i find the eset key on regedit? (do you suggest me to make a search by some word such as "eset"?)

Edited by Bhaak, 12 March 2010 - 05:08 PM.