ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

• Administrator

I installed Nod32 AV about a week ago with just the Mara/Box fix, its been working fine. I just wondered if that was all I need to do? As I don't see trial days or anything as I ticked all the boxes. Is it all working now as it should, or will I need to do something else?

Thanks

Well that's pretty all you need to do. You don't see any trial days cause you checked remove trial watermark in box, mara- fix. :)

• Replies 584
  • Views 87.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool thanks. I was curious, as others are using different methods and having problems. All seems a bit complicated compared to what I did :) Just checking its all ok as it is ;)

ok got the import settings option . imported and now working ok . i'm pretty sure it was the same address as the one i had imported . well it must have been a typo error . they say 99.99% of computer problems is user error related :rolleyes: .

thanks leetpirate

Cool thanks. I was curious, as others are using different methods and having problems. All seems a bit complicated compared to what I did :) Just checking its all ok as it is ;)

There are pros and cons to everything. The "negative" with the box, mara- fix v1.3 is when you want to update to the latest ESET you have to disable Self-defence, reboot, unfix the box/mara- fix, update ESET, disable Self-defence again, reboot again, fix ESET with the box/mara- fix, enable Self-defence, and reboot again. (I hope I remembered everything right.) Because of all those steps, I usually skip every other ESET update.

ok got the import settings option . imported and now working ok . i'm pretty sure it was the same address as the one i had imported . well it must have been a typo error . they say 99.99% of computer problems is user error related :rolleyes: .

thanks leetpirate

Good to hear you got it working now. :D What I mentioned earlier (that LeetPirate referred to) worked perfectly for me. So either you had a typo error or perhaps your ESET settings somehow got corrupted? :unsure:

There are pros and cons to everything. The "negative" with the box, mara- fix v1.3 is when you want to update to the latest ESET you have to disable Self-defence, reboot, unfix the box/mara- fix, update ESET, disable Self-defence again, reboot again, fix ESET with the box/mara- fix, enable Self-defence, and reboot again. (I hope I remembered everything right.) Because of all those steps, I usually skip every other ESET update.

Thanks, I knew there'd be something :D

• Administrator

You can enable self defense through box, mara- fix. :whistle:

The first few steps can be omitted when using Total Uninstall.

I had use Total Uninstall to remove older version of Nod and it remove everything.

When installing then you need to disable Self-defence and reboot....fix it with the box-mara fix and check enable Self-defense and then reboot again.

And finally click updates..that's it.

Yeah I see the shutdown virus all the time. Eset even shows it in Hitman Pro, which is weird as I don't think Hitman uses Eset :s

Im still trying out different avs so will probably switch again soon anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me if it stops working ;)

• Administrator

You can enable self defense through box, mara- fix. :whistle:

But if you do, ESET logs it as the shutdown virus. :(

Not if you disable checking of potentially unwanted applications. Well I think so. I've never got any problem like that after I disabled advanced heuristics and checking of PUA. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Been using nodlogin for a long time. Just recently started having update problems with it. Even after disabling esset it wont update the licence correctly. Then I discovered box maria fix. This works perfectly. Esset does flag it up as a shutdown virus though. Just add to exeptions and away you go =)

• Administrator

The shutdowner file is just a one time usage temporary file that gets deleted as soon as you clear the temp files. You don't need to add it to exceptions either. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have strange issue with Eset Smart Security. It's firewall is preventing me to upload on MediaFire. As soon as I disable firewall, I can upload. I tried adding some exceptions to ESET but problem still exist. Anyone know how to make exception of web page in firewall?

Cheers ;)

Guys, I have strange issue with Eset Smart Security. It's firewall is preventing me to upload on MediaFire. As soon as I disable firewall, I can upload. I tried adding some exceptions to ESET but problem still exist. Anyone know how to make exception of web page in firewall?

Cheers ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------I

I use ESS sense ever and never had that kind of issue when uploading from Mediafire. Must be by some other reason...

Well, I also didn't have problem, but now I have it. I don't know what else could be. As soon as firewall is disabled, upload starts working.

Anyone know how to make exception of web page in firewall?

Cheers ;)

Did you try adding *mediafire* to the exclusions? :)

Where to add it? If you mean on HTTP address management, that won't work since that's not firewall exception.

Cheers ;)

Yup, I meant the HTTP address management side - thought you'd have covered the firewall side thoroughly (anyways, do give it a shot.) ;)

I think the best is to uninstall and install ESS again. May be you have changed some figures inadvertently ... (?)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have been running v4 no problems for over a year now with the fixes etc. provided by nsane. However, in the past day it has stopped updating my database saying that I need to reenter my license details. It asks me to enter my username and password that I am meant to have received via email (obviously I don't have these).

Can anyone she some light on this issue for me? Why have I had no problems for over 12 months and now this is coming up? How can I fix it?

Cheers

unknownasphyxiated

Hey guys,

I have been running v4 no problems for over a year now with the fixes etc. provided by nsane. However, in the past day it has stopped updating my database saying that I need to reenter my license details. It asks me to enter my username and password that I am meant to have received via email (obviously I don't have these).

Can anyone she some light on this issue for me? Why have I had no problems for over 12 months and now this is coming up? How can I fix it?

Cheers

go here

Archived