ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

• Replies 584
  • Views 87.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I gave it a shot but problem still exist. Really strange.

Well first thing I would look at is the firewall log after trying to upload.. If it is any of the IDS options.. it could shed some light on which one to disable.. OR could show what your problem is being triggered by... Also I would take a look at the Rules set and in what zones for your browser.. or program you are using.. but I think those might be good areas to investigate..

This could be because of changes in their DNS Server, your DNS Server .. or even their website..

• 2 weeks later...

I use it.. but unless you want to be nagged to death by each and every individual SSL Encryption Connection and possibly every certificate... then don't.. Also make sure you read to understand the prompts... This also can cause malfunction of some sites.. So truthfully.. it is up to you and how badly you feel your SSL needs to be monitored..

Doesn't alerts pop up only when accessing https sites?

So only very few sites in my habits (my online bank?)

I am asking because I see that when I download the eicar zipped file from the https server here no alert is shown, and I don't like it -_-

How can I be sure that some malware isn't spread through https links?

Yes you are right about https: but its not just limited to sites but resources as well.

Every time I hit download... my log showed a 'connection denied by active defense (IDS)... and it just sits there.. so I can't even download the file.. so https.. would not be what you need to address for this one.. it would be in Advanced and IDS Settings.. which have to be careful done because you can cut your connection to your ISP in some cases and your DNS Server.... so one selection at a time.. For instance my DNS Server used to trigger ARP Poisoning Attack Defense and I would lose all Internet connections.. LOL

• 3 months later...

I have got a problem when apply box, mara-fix v1.4 ... I have followed any instruction that included in the "Readme" ... I have disable "self-defense" ... then restarted my computer ... and try to apply that patch ... Problem is appeared when I check / mark the option "remove watermark trial" ON ... When apply fix / patch, my computer had "bluescreen" splash and turned off / blackscreen ... and then restarted ... After restarted, my NOD32 antivirus v4.2.71.2 can not be run or corrupted ... any sugesstion or help ? ... thank's. :) :) :)

• Administrator

I have got a problem when apply box, mara-fix v1.4 ... I have followed any instruction that included in the "Readme" ... I have disable "self-defense" ... then restarted my computer ... and try to apply that patch ... Problem is appeared when I check / mark the option "remove watermark trial" ON ... When apply fix / patch, my computer had "bluescreen" splash and turned off / blackscreen ... and then restarted ... After restarted, my NOD32 antivirus v4.2.71.2 can not be run or corrupted ... any sugesstion or help ? ... thank's. :) :) :)

Hmm. How about not using the watermark thingy? Removing watermark only removes the 30 days remaining notification from the main window. And it has to patch the ESET exe so that can be a problem. Do you use any other security software that could be blocking it?

ANW, mara- will need to look into it.

I never heard that someone got bluescreen because of this fix. Try as suggested, without trial mark. Which language in Eset you use?

Cheers ;)

For information, I've used Windows XP Pro SP 3 with using English Languange. My NOD32 uses English Languange too. There is no other security software. I had tried to apply this patch in few computers, and all of the results were the same. I guess ESET have fixed their new software release. If I did not use "trialmark patch", everything run well. Maybe mara can try to explore that patch and make it more powerful. Thank's ... ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

• Administrator

You mean all the computers you added box, mara- fix to (with removal of trial watermark) had BSODs. :mellow:

yupz ... all the computers i added box, mara- fix to (with removal of trial watermark) had BSODs. I have tried in 4 computers. if i used pure-fix, nod32 trialmark can be patched well. i think nod32 trialmark can be patched well because pure-fix patch the nod32 during the intallation. there is no running services of nod32 during the installation (not yet). next i want to try using box, mara-fix in safe mode. maybe work ? who knows ? ... :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

There is something that i wanna ask ... How to copy the update files in NOD32 v4 ? ... I wanna use that in other computers ... thank's in advance ... :) :) :)

Staff Note: Please use the Edit button instead of double-posting whenever possible. Thank you.

unknownasphyxiated

There is something that i wanna ask ... How to copy the update files in NOD32 v4 ? ... I wanna use that in other computers ... thank's in advance ... :) :) :)

you can download the offline update here

I really don't know what's the issue here. I just applied box, mara- fix to latest nod version on Windows 7 x64. There was no bsod. I'll see what happens on Windows XP in virtual machine.

Cheers ;)

Hey guys, I've got a little problem here.

Few days ago, ESET stopped downloading updates automatically. It now asks for a username/pass when I check manually. What should I do?

I've got ESET 2.2.22.0 and I used box-mara fix 1.1 about a year ago. I'm running Windows XP SP3

• Administrator

Few days ago, ESET stopped downloading updates automatically. It now asks for a username/pass when I check manually. What should I do?

I've got ESET 2.2.22.0 and I used box-mara fix 1.1 about a year ago. I'm running Windows XP SP3

You should use the latest version of ESET.

ANW, read this for the username/password solution. :)

Whoops! my bad. I meant 4.2.22.0. Is that the latest?

Anyway, thanks for the help. That solved my problem completely. Gotta love this community support!

• Administrator

Whoops! my bad. I meant 4.2.22.0. Is that the latest?

Anyway, thanks for the help. That solved my problem completely. Gotta love this community support!

:D

4.2.71.2 is the latest. Here's the link for Nod32 AV or here for Smart Security.

Also advisable that you update to the latest box, mara- fix v1.4. :)

I have a stupid question... which I need some input on... and I am not for sure if this is relative to ESET settings but I think it could be.. maybe... or router related or could as well just be that it will not work as desired.. because of the network configuration.. and has t be this way... I know this may sound stupid for some.. but I am looking for information. solution or closure.. :P I keep thinking I am missing something or feeling like something isn't correct...

Problem:

I have two machines which both are running a number of servers... I use a Domain Server ( Free ) which is configured to simply redirect domains such as yourwebsite.org... to the IP which is updated similar to what you do with OpenDNS... The domain shows up in the URL as intended... on one I have a server at default of 80... and this machine holds the main IP address/Public... the second sets behind NAT Routing and uses Port forwarding and another domain name to redirect to the same IP which I update manually... at another port number.. The same is true of three other main servers... for each... if I try to reach either one from either machine they time-out.. Now when I put entries into HostMan for each resolving to a network address ( one machine has two links to the router one public IP and one network IP and the other only has the one the one with NAT Routing ) .. when I add network IPs to resolve the Domain Name I can reach them both from each.. and I know for definite that one can still be reached ( NAT ) from the outside.. and I am pretty sure that the other can as well as I have run Pingdom Tests on both... When I use 127.0.0.1:Port Number on the NAT machine I get a Bad Request - Invalid Hostname Http Error 400.. yet the other machine does fine.. ( maybe has something to do with the settings for Domain Name in IIS for the site )

Question:

Would this have something to do with the configuration of ESET's Advanced Options or is this simply a side effect of the configuration itself?

Assumption:

• 127.0.01 Problem - Maybe has something to do with the settings for Domain Name in IIS for the site. Will not resolve for 127.0.0.1 because its not its name... Will resolve for its Domain Name ... in URL only.. and for a different server type it works.. for instance Apache..
  • Unreachable Domain Time Out - Trying to resolve from the same machine it is trying to reach its own address and is either looking or 192.168.... or Public IP.. which isn't redirecting correctly because of the way this operation may function.. Therefore pointing the resolution of said second domain to local network IP works...in the Hosts File.. or something is wrong with the configuration of the port forwarding?.... Same for the other system reaching it.. BUT in the past the system with the Public IP can reach itself easily..
  • ESET Advanced settings - Something in the allowing for local network protocols or settings in the IDS may be blocking the request? or other system settings..

I can reach them both now on the network but I am not for sure about Web functionality... outside access.. or if I may need to adjust a setting to get this proper.. if I have missed something.. Why I am thinking experience with these types of issues would help.. :P

Input will be appreciated.. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

eset nod32 4.2.71.2 not compatible with mozilla thunderbird 5.0

one idea to fix this ?

waiting for the next version of eset to have this compatibility ok ?

thanks

eset nod32 4.2.71.2 not compatible with mozilla thunderbird 5.0

one idea to fix this ?

waiting for the next version of eset to have this compatibility ok ?

thanks

You can read what they said at this link. http://www.wildersse...ad.php?t=302290

Looks like they are working on it and I think it is available in v5 beta but please take note that POP3 emails are scanned regardless of the integration so if you use POP you are still safe. As for IMAP even if you are using IMAP from gmail or other email provider you are still safe because they have server side malware scanning done automatically so your email is safe both sent and received.

Emails received via POP3 are scanned regardless of the email client used (be it WLM 2012 or TB 5). As of EAV/ESS v5, this holds true for IMAP as well. As for signatures, they are appended only to infected emails by default and you can adjust them as per the instructions here.

In the past I already asked here if somebody knew about an AV program that fully integrates into those clients but didn't get any answer.

The lack of support for these clients is not caused by ESET itself. If an email client vendor makes significant changes to the code, forcing 3rd party vendors to write new plugins from scratch, then this will certainly cause issues and delays until new plugins become available. And it's not that the EC vendors provide API that the others could utilize to write plugins easily. The way how email clients work is often completely undocumented by EC vendors and the others are forced to find out a way how to integrate into the email client themselves by literally debugging it and then trying out various hacks to accomplish integration that would work reliably under any circumstances on production systems. That is not an easy task at all that could be accomplished within a few weeks.

As long as EC vendors don't change their code significantly, there should be no problem updating plugins and make them compatible with newer email client versions which is unfortunately not the case of the 2 aforementioned email clients. I'd like to ask you again; if you are aware of other AVs that already integrate with the 2 email clients fine, let me know.

thanks, I'm going to read this link

:P

edit : ok, not compatible with thunderbord 5.0, but NOD32 checks the mails downloaded by Thunderbird.

I'm going to wait the next update to have the add-ons compatible.

Posted Image

thanks a lot

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me.

I recently tried uninstalling Smart Security 4.2.71.2, which was installed using PureFix 1.52. My problem is that I forgot to click "Disable" in PureFix before uninstalling, and now I am unsure how to completely remove Smart Security from my system. How would I go about doing this?

PurplebeanZ

I recently tried uninstalling Smart Security 4.2.71.2, which was installed using PureFix 1.52. My problem is that I forgot to click "Disable" in PureFix before uninstalling, and now I am unsure how to completely remove Smart Security from my system. How would I go about doing this?

Run PureFix again -> Click Disable -> Re-install then Uninstall ESET

Run PureFix again -> Click Disable -> Re-install then Uninstall ESET

I tried this method but I keep getting error messages when trying to re-install: "Could not write value AppDataDir..." etc.

Archived