ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

• Administrator

Try entering eset in both username and pass.

If it doesn't work, you know the way to reinstall it. ;)

• Replies 584
  • Views 88.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your eset_upd folder probably contained definitions for retail version and when you updated from that folder you converted Eset to full (retail) version, and box, mara- fix is for trial, so when you try to update from servers it's converting you version again to trial. Yoy should check the registry to see if servers converted to retail and because of that it asks you for password. You can also try what DKT suggested. But sometimes their servers go crazy and asks for password without the reason.

Cheers ;)

Try entering eset in both username and pass.

If it doesn't work, you know the way to reinstall it. ;)

I had the same problem as implague, so I uninstalled everything. The thing is, upon reinstalling, I couldn't. I had a message pop up saying "Could not write value ProductType to key \Software\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key. or contact your support personnel."

Anyone know whats happening here?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

. . . . . . . . . . . i updated it to the update 4942 till today noon donno what going wrong :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

The version of signatures is at 4962.

• Administrator

Uninstall it again. And remove that registry key(\Software\ESET\). Do you know how to work with registry?

i ve checked with my registry its still a trial version. i just download the update via nod updater and again i installed the updates thru eset_upd now my updates are on automatic mode but surprisingly now nod is updating succesfully in automatic mode donno xomhow its just solved -_-

• 4 weeks later...

When you will guys will learn that you need to UnFix before you uninstall?

Cheers ;)

How do you UnFix exactly?

• Administrator

When you will guys will learn that you need to UnFix before you uninstall?

Cheers ;)

How do you UnFix exactly?

Disable self defense in ESET, start > box, mara- fix again, and press the button called unfix. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I m new here, and i used to have former ESET versions but each time my trial period ended and i couldn't download the new virus database. So i've tried ESET Security with Nod Enabler but i ogt the same issue.

So i uninstall Eset Security and install ESET V4 with Mara fix.

But, still i can't DL the new virus definition (even if i delete the cache)

Thanks for your help!

This has been happening with all Trials and fixes as noted around the forums...and in other places on the web.. Either ESET servers are being compromised or they are working on them... OR they could be basically re-prioritizing the importance of their network load for non-subscribing clients..

Version 4.2 has a very annoying warning window about your license's remaining days each time you boot up (NodLogin and ~15- days left).

Can it be disabled ?

Version 4.2 has a very annoying warning window about your license's remaining days each time you boot up (NodLogin and ~15- days left).

Can it be disabled ?

-------------------------------------------

No, but you can insert a valid license. Lots of sites providing those licenses ...and message disappears and Eset icon becomes green- normal

NodLogin only.

I wait for licenses until my key expires.

It's not a great problem, but ESET should not annoy its legitimate users to get them renew their license.

• 2 months later...

I'm having a problem I fixed once but cannot remember HOW I fixed it:

1) Uninstalled previous version 4

2) Removed all ESET registry entries

3) Rebooted

4) Installed 4.2.58.3

5) Ran NodLogin and inserted my serial #

Still have the button "upgrade to full version". Clicked on it and downloaded 36MB of data from ESET which installed correctly, but the button remains. Cleared the update cache, tried again, now getting "bad link to update server" after a few moments chewing away, it again gives "bad link to update server". Uninstalled NOD32, rebooted, removed registry keys and reinstalled. Same process again, downloads 36MB chunk of data but still shows "upgrade to full version" button with the same results clicking on it.

I seem to recall someone had posted a link for earlier releases for the full version (as this one did not ask me to set update parameters later on install) and I had downloaded that to fix it. Is that maybe the only solution here? I really don't like the trial fixes as they have to be uninstalled as well. Normally I'll end up with the full version (which asks for update parameters on install), run NodLogin and I'm gold.

Thanks for the info, never occurred to me to use a valid u/p to grab a copy. I actually downloaded my copy I installed from the main page, as I usually do :)

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the info, never occurred to me to use a valid u/p to grab a copy. I actually downloaded my copy I installed from the main page, as I usually do :)

Thanks again :)

Glad your issue is sorted out. ;)

Thanks for the link dcs18.

You're most welcome, RobrPatty. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to ask if this is also supposed to come with the box, mara- fix and is it considered harmless?

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\box, mara-fix v1.3\box, mara-fix v1.3\Eset fix\Eset fix.exe » AUTOIT » svchost.exe - Win32/Shutdowner.NAL trojan

Thanks in advance.

Archived