ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

Anyone else having an issue with eav 4.2.35 and utorrent? Ever since I updated from 4.0.474 I literally haven't seeded a kb. Everything is ok with utorrent, open port, all torrents green, just not seeding. :frusty:

• Replies 584
  • Views 88.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

@ ugatme

go to setup - enter entire advanced tree - http/https - active mode - make sure utorrent is unchecked

Checked your Rules and Zones for uT? May want to get into the exact rules and change the Protocols for each settings.. making sure your settings state a rule for both not just one or the other.. .. Might want to check with it off for a sec.. or even try to see if the 'Tracker' current working...

Checked your Rules and Zones for uT? May want to get into the exact rules and change the Protocols for each settings.. making sure your settings state a rule for both not just one or the other.. .. Might want to check with it off for a sec.. or even try to see if the 'Tracker' current working...

Hey heath28m, not using ess, only eav the antivirus, that's what's making this so strange

So are you using any other Firewall, or protection... Import your settings from the previous installation? How long has this been occurring.. and Did you double-check the tracker traffic..and possibly any other filtering like PeerBlock to see if anything is being blocked?

Only using the routers firewall and i installed the new eav over the old so it kept my settings. Just after the reboot it started.

I use a private tracker so everything is ok there

Oh and just to play it safe i imported my settings afterwards

I am not for sure on this one... I will have to think.. but for the most part when you upgrade versions of ESET.. its always best to uninstall first... wipe out the files and registry and install... I am just always feel better doing it that way.. and I would check and see if the Windows Firewall hasn't turned on.. just to be sure.. depending on what OS you have... it could be blocking...

I will have to do some more thinking on this though, nothing is really coming to mind or standing out right off..except for your ISP.. but it would seem that more than seeding would be defunct.. Have you checked your settings on your Router/ Its as easy to hack into a router as it is anything else.. especially if your ISP has access to it..

• Administrator

I believe it's the upgrade that has caused the problem. It's always recommended to uninstall ESET, clean registry, and then install the new version.

i'm sorry to write again and disturb you but now the problem is another; with the firewall activated internet explorer is very very low in the page loading.

What could be the cause? i have enable http checking.

another question: how can i find the eset key on regedit? (do you suggest me to make a search by some word such as "eset"?)

Narrowing down the EXACT cause of the problem would help you target the issue a little better.

I would say that the answer would lay within the Firewall settings, Not Antivirus, Anti-spyware... IF it only slows down with the Firewall on. If it is slow with the Firewall off, then adjust the Threat-sense engine parameter setup for Web Access Protection to a desirable/tolerable levels for your needs... You can also change the type of protection both Active and Passive.. Passive is more compatible with some, while Active will be more thorough but can slow browsing...and Browser operation.

IF it only does this with the Firewall on as you describe... then I would look at and reconfigure IDS and advanced options. The settings in this area can be very sensitive and can alter the behavior of your network and allowed methods of operation. The spectrum here is too broad to do anything more than checking each setting and how it relates to your network.. Being conscientious can make or break proper operation of your Firewall/HIDS protection within ESS.

If you don't want the web access protection then you could turn it off but I would not suggest it..instead I would adjust it to function properly.. but this is hard to do through a support thread because of the many option, and configuration which lead all the back to your DNS and ISP, and Home Network configuration ( which you may not be able to do anything about ). The option do however allow you to adjust these settings to have the protection in place as it should be..

EDIT: Locations of the Registry key I don't know...

Hey guys, not a clue to what happened but i decided to reboot once more and now seeding normally. I'd just as soon blame MS lol. Thanx for your help.

another question: how can i find the eset key on regedit?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\Update\Settings\Config000\Settings]

"Password"

"Username"

NB:-

The "

Password" is in 'hex' algorithm. ;)

its easier to use proxify or any other preferred proxy website to fool eset's blacklist....i could never figure that address management mess out lol

You press Add and type in the URL.

Reaaaaally hard...

hey guys do u know why i cant install ESET Smart Security 4.2.35.0 every time i do i always get a firewall error and that the installation got corrupted. What should I do?

hey guys do u know why i cant install ESET Smart Security 4.2.35.0 every time i do i always get a firewall error and that the installation got corrupted. What should I do?

I am having the same problem, with ESS 4.0.474 I dont have problems, with 4.2 I have the same problem as maxima2k53

I am on windows 7 x64, I tried everything, clean install, removed all with eset manual uninstaller, etc

Ideas?

I am having the same problem, with ESS 4.0.474 I dont have problems, with 4.2 I have the same problem as maxima2k53

Ideas?

ive uninstalled and reinstalled like 5 times already and nothing...

LOL.. I had this issue today..:lmao: wasn't pretty .. BUT since I know whats going on then I will enlighten you..

First UNinstall.. DO NOT USE THE CONTROL PANEL TO UNINSTALL... use the uninstall link inside the Start Menu Program folder for ESET.. OR go to Program Files > ESET > ( Insert Name here you have installed )> and run the uninstaller located here..

ESET states this directly on their site and they mean it..LOL.. reference my post here today about it..

All should go well, if not I will show you the mystery link ( especially if you did what I did ).. to resolve the problem..

EDIT: Noticed on some of yours the same action was taken.. You should restart.. and make sure if your on Vista/7 that UAC is being addressed as it should.. My first two restarts after installation ( and 'something else' installed ) had a few issues.. Then I defragged and restarted and all was fine..

The only difference is that I wiped all files manually ( with Bart PE when I uninstalled and it didn't work ), cleaned the registry of all dead entries at that point, then did the Uninstaller in Safe Mode..using the CMD Prompt.. Then installed just fine.. Imported my settings ( requiring a restart to take full effect ), Installed the 'something else' ...LOL... then restarted again... got one message that a settings could not be altered, defragged, and restarted and everything has been fine since.. I think it may an anomaly... of something registering as far as the settings are concerned.. with the new install.. with the Elevated Client that it runs to change settings.. seems to be fine if everything is proper after like the first run though..

There's a serious bug in the latest version 4.2.35 of ESS that's been observed to affect mostly Users of Windows Se7en & Vista:-

Users have been reporting that under 'Network Connections' the ESS displays processes that are not even running. When verified with the 'Task Manager' these processes would not be visible. However, the ESS reports some processes as connected. This is a 'known issue' and is reproduced even after a reboot.

Yeah especially the way I ripped the thing out.. :lmao: ESET just wouldn't die

ESET is a very best antivirus soft

hey guys i am facing this weird problem here i am usin win7 x64 and eset AV 4.0.74 with box,mara-fix1.3 till yesterday its working fine but from today i am facing the problem downloading updates.my updates settings is automatic but it fails to update says need user name and password so i did the maual update from my eset_upd folder and again changed the update settings to automatic still problem persists same and it showing the remaining update is more than 24mb but i updated it to the update 4942 till today noon donno what going wrong :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Archived