ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

You would be right. Lets hope I get mine. It's not updated from 26 Jan now. :(

It happens once in a while and you know it's a temporary thing. You guys're gonna be back in business, soon.

• Replies 584
  • Views 88.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yay! At last I got it. 4829. Was 23MB. :blink:

Hi guys, quick question. I installed the trial version of Nod 4 and let it expire. Since then, I used Nodlogin and received the latest update. However, my nod security center still says that my license is expired and the icon is red in the taskbar. Do I need to do anything else or should I just ignore it? I'm new to Nod and any help would be appreciated. THanks

I rebooted and it made no difference. Just to clarify, I'm using Smart Security 4. Whenever I used Nodlogin 10c it said the license was 100% new or something like that. The trial expired yesterday and I used nodlogin today and recieved the latest update(4849). Do you think I should do a fresh install or just try and find a new user/password? BTW, thanks for the response.

No, actually what I think you will have to do .. and its something you will face with this method .. is wait until you can grab a valid license using this method... ( which means you can keep changing the license but it won't make any difference until they update the licenses )

EDIT: Or try what dcs18 suggested.. maybe/maybe not.. I dunno. I don't use this..

I'm not sure if I understand you guys. I'm not sure how to remove my username and password. And, what do you mean by wait for another license. Should I just wait a few days and run nodlogin again?

Edit- Well, I just went in and deleted the user/password from the screen where it says to enter it, if you received a new username and password, and it popped up saying maximum protection right away. The icon in the taskbar is now green, as well. Very cool thanks a lot for the help.

Edit2- Also, how do I tell how long it is valid for and set it up under the scheduler so that nod will always be up-to-date and I don't have to worry about it?

Hi guys, quick question. I installed the trial version of Nod 4 and let it expire. Since then, I used Nodlogin and received the latest update. However, my nod security center still says that my license is expired and the icon is red in the taskbar. Do I need to do anything else or should I just ignore it? I'm new to Nod and any help would be appreciated. THanks

THANKS to dcs18, I got it sorted out. I'm just replying here to help out anyone with a similar problem.

I went into the Security Center and under the protection status tab, I deleted my trial username and password. Then, I ran nodlogin 10c which did something, but it didn't fill in the username and password fields for me, so I ran it again and this time it filled in the fields for me automatically. I rebooted the computer and now everything is working properly and up-to-date.

Cheers, everyone!

AtomicStryker

Hey guys, another dumb User requesting help after he broke stuff ... xD

On W7 Ultimate x64, UAC Disabled, Admin User

Ive previously had an older version of NOD32 with the box, mara fix 1.1 installed. At some point i wanted to update, of course forgetting to disable the fix first (DURRR).

So, now i have ESET uninstalled, i cant reinstall it because the Registry Key LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ESET is denied to me. Running the fix Tool 1.1 or 1.3 doesnt help, because 1.1 tells me Self Defense is on and 1.3 complains about no ESET product installed.

I've used the NOD32 Cleaner in Safe Mode, Regedit in Admin Mode...

Whatever i've done so far, only made it worse. Now, whenever i even click the key ESET, i immediatly get an "Access Denied" error, i dont even see its contents anymore. I cannot seize Ownership or set Permissions either, anything i try gets me "Access Denied".

Is there something i can do as last resort to wipe that damn key?

Using psexec to run REGEDIT in System Mode i can access the ESET key and try to do stuff, but when i attempt changing Ownership, its "Access Denied". When i try deleting it, it says "Error deleting Key"

EDIT:

Oh thank goodness, i managed to insert a new User with Full Access with regedit in System Mode, then deleting the key

Just disabling Self-defense in the ESET configuration didn't do the trick?

I think you've just used a sword to cut a slice of bread, if you get what I mean :P (using too much resources for a small task)

The GUI thing would not work because he uninstalled it.. What winds up happening is it kills ESET.. then leaves all of the files behind, which was an error early on with version 3 and 4 in some cases and was random.. Using the removal tool for ESET would not work either.. I always went through my system and erased all of the files related to ESET I could then booted with a BartPE CD, and then deleted the remaining files, usually ekrn.exe.. Then I would clean the registry and in old versions use Windows Installer Cleanup..after a reboot into Windows.. The Security Center would work correctly after that and I could re-install it.. Its rare that it happens on its own.. but it can happen..

hy , please help my

i use xp sp3, comodo firewall

i install eset antivirus 4.o.424 but my browsers load pages very difficult, late - i cannot browse on net

i try with-add/remove programs- repair-restart but same problem persists

my utorrent is ok just my browsers load very very slow any page

i cannot browse on net with ie /chrome/ mozilla when i use eset antivirus same as when i use eset smart security alone

i try with nod32 v 2.7 and the browsers work fine but vers 2.7 don`t see/remove some viruses as version 4 does

if i uninstall eset antivirus 4 browsers work ok- what can i do ?

thanks very much

First you should get the most recent version of ESET.. and try again...

The next question I have is are you sure you did not install ESET Smart Security.. IDS Options usually are one of the main reasons for this issue.. Then you have Web Access Protection..If you are using COMODO and its firewall is turned on, you should not use Smart Security.. only the ESET Antivirus...

But anyway install the right version and go from there.. should be 4.0.474.0

First you should get the most recent version of ESET.. and try again...

The next question I have is are you sure you did not install ESET Smart Security.. IDS Options usually are one of the main reasons for this issue.. Then you have Web Access Protection..If you are using COMODO and its firewall is turned on, you should not use Smart Security.. only the ESET Antivirus...

But anyway install the right version and go from there.. should be 4.0.474.0

i use antivirus - not smart security i never use two firewalls sametime

i just say when i use eset smart security alone (without comodo) i had same problem

the antivirus i download from nsanedown

Find Active Mode in the drop-down tree.. and see if your browsers are all selected.. if they are.. unselect them and see if you get better loading..

Find Active Mode in the drop-down tree.. and see if your browsers are all selected.. if they are.. unselect them and see if you get better loading..

now on active mod are unselected

how shoult it be ? how do you set on your eset ?

thanks very much for your kindness

Archived