shought

• Replies 584
  • Views 87.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESET servers doesn't seem to be overloaded Posted Image

Link

----------------------------------------------------------

All fine here : ESS 4.0.474 and NodLogin 10c, (WinXP Pro SP3), updates automatically daily, sometimes twice a day, no problems at all . Nice ...

yeah....working fine here too, EAV 4.0.474 and MiNodlogin 3.7.5.1 using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits, updates automatically and daily too.

• Administrator

I contacted a friend who uses box, mara- fix v1.3. He told me it's working there, without any auto update problems. :think:

I think I've messed some of my auto update settings. :P

I believe they're the exact same servers only the trials get their updates from a folder /trial/ on that server.

So checking the commercial servers would also cover the trial servers.

Has anyone ever found out why sometimes, friends I have that have installed this, have an issue where anytime they hit update it says up to date, when it's clearly the sigs that came with build 474? I've installed it on over 30 computers at this point and Ii've never had an issue, but a rather large amount of people I've given it to seem to have the issue. So, either there's something wonky or a lot of people are makin the same exact mistake.

Using the mara/box fix 1.3, by the way :)

Edit: While I'm at it, does anyone know if those awesome third party servers are still around, and if so, where the are? Looking for one I can trust to let my friend use since he doesnt want to do the trial

• Administrator

It's the first update. ESET guys take time to give the first update to trial users. Just press it 4-5times and you will get the first update. After that, it's like butter. ;)

It's also that sometimes the servers are having high load, you probably won't be able to get it updated then. Just wait a day or two and it will work.

Those servers are no longer around AFAIK, if he doesn't like the trial fix then he should be happy with NodEnabler I guess... Check the frontpage ;)

• Administrator

My ESET hasn't updated from 26 Jan. :o

Mine is 4822

I have 4822 as well. Installed and fixed yesterday and was lucky enough to get one update before being blocked by the "update not necessary-virus database is current" problem.

I'm really looking for a fix because I installed and fixed on another computer this morning and can't get ANY updates so I'm stuck w/ definitions from March. Is this really just server overload or is it ESET blocking us?

EDIT: NodEnabler doesn't work either

• Administrator

Don't worry. Stick to the fix you prefer. ESET servers are down or overloaded. You(and I) will get updates as soon as they are up and running again.

I'm having some problems getting auto updates from many months now. But as a trial user.

• Administrator

A person using fixes like or similar to nodlogin is not a trial user after he fixes ESET. ;)

• Administrator

Yup. But people (like me), like to use countdown fixer and be a trial user. B)

Sure thing, I believe it's a matter of personal preference which must be respected. Hate it when guys will flame one another on the subject of choice.

off-topic:-

I'm planning to switch from NOD32 to Norton (been hearing lot of praises, of late.)

• Administrator

Sure thing, I believe it's a matter of personal preference which must be respected. Hate it when guys will flame one another on the subject of choice.

Same here. :)

off-topic:-

I'm planning to switch from NOD32 to Norton (been hearing lot of praises, of late.)

Just remember it may not be as fast as you think. That's why I haven't tried the newer one yet. :P

Most likely ESET likes to maintain a load balanced cluster to ensure paid versions get their updates first. After the sever load goes down the trial updates are implemented on the servers to avoid having both paid and trial users hammering the servers at the same time. Everything is probably automated and scripted which is probably why some servers have trial updates quicker than others as it would depend on parameters that could vary randomly like server loads, number of simultaneous sessions, etc.

The update will eventually get there for trial users but if you keep pressing manual update it will eventually try other servers in the list, one of which may have the update.

• Administrator

You would be right. Lets hope I get mine. It's not updated from 26 Jan now. :(

You would be right. Lets hope I get mine. It's not updated from 26 Jan now. :(

Spam that update button till it updates. :lol:

Archived