ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

Some of this sounds like a problem not being an Administrator with rights in your account.. Whoever setup the main installation would have the rights and password to run as an administrator and changes ESS's settings.. along with UAC on these systems ESS also has a set of parameters which locks out unauthorized access.. so try to address that issue first before yo uninstall, and if your using an account on someone else's system then you may just be out of luck...

• Replies 584
  • Views 87.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having trouble installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.474.0.

I previously had version 4.0.468.0 a few months ago and uninstalled that.

I am now trying to install the latest version but instead of getting version 4.0.474.0, I'm getting version 4.0.468.0.

I have tried uninstalling ESET, deleting all ESET traces etc. but version 4.0.468.0 still installs on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated =]

• 1 month later...

I installed NOD32 4.0.474.0 -> took off self-defense, rebooted -> applied box, mara fix 1.3 -> tried to update, failed.

Then I reapplied the fix, but nothing changed. It just pops up the user/pass window. When I try to "upgrade to full version" it says "Update failed" and it also says "Bad link to update server" ... I then checked and the update server list is totally empty.

How do I get this thing working and updating properly?

Did clean reinstall, followed every instruction word by word. It still prompts for a user/pass... I even tried putting 'eset' to both as the fix readme instructed to try in case of problems. Nothing.

Should the update servers list be empty?

• Administrator

It should be "choose automatically".

It should be "choose automatically".

It is, but what does it choose from? The list update list is totally empty anyway.

EDIT: I got it updating by using http://www.nod32keys.com/ ........ let's hope it will update without any u/p after doing the first update.

post-14013-126394904263_thumb.jpg

• Administrator

That's not a problem at all as we(yes we) have it auto.

If it's asking for username and pass, then we have some weird thing happening here. I think mara- will answer you.

Did clean reinstall, followed every instruction word by word. It still prompts for a user/pass... I even tried putting 'eset' to both as the fix readme instructed to try in case of problems. Nothing.

Should the update servers list be empty?

Try uninstalling NOD32, then manually remove the ff. keys from the registry:

HKCU > Software > ESET

HKLM > SOFTWARE > ESET

Run a registry cleaner (I prefer RegVac) , then install NOD32 once more.

Really weird problem. Probably there was some corruption. Try what Bizarre suggested.

For the problem with 20MB update. That is completely normal. There is trial and retail setup on Eset page. When you download retail, you need to convert it to trial by downloading 20MB update. And Eset never puts latest trial version on their site. They first put latest retail version and after some time they add latest trial version.

Cheers ;)

Eset blocked the links of Nodenabler?

Logged in @ my pc..and I got a message that it blocked several sites. :unsure:

--

Nodenabler is still working tho :unsure:

Really weird problem. Probably there was some corruption. Try what Bizarre suggested.

For the problem with 20MB update. That is completely normal. There is trial and retail setup on Eset page. When you download retail, you need to convert it to trial by downloading 20MB update. And Eset never puts latest trial version on their site. They first put latest retail version and after some time they add latest trial version.

Cheers ;)

Thanks Biz and mara- .. I deleted the registry and ProgramData entries I found of ESET and Alwil (Avast). Then I did Memory Diagnostics and Disk Check.. I don't know if it fixed anything or not, but Avast is working properly now. (Before I also had problems with Avast, maybe indirectly relevant to the problem I had).

Sorry I can't confirm if the problem with NOD32 is fixed or not.

Anyone had problems with eav 4.0.474 and ms outlook 2003 on Vista? It freezes as does my documents when opened. Sure there's probably a setting in advanced setup but not sure what it could be.

thanx all

Anyone had problems with eav 4.0.474 and ms outlook 2003 on Vista? It freezes as does my documents when opened. Sure there's probably a setting in advanced setup but not sure what it could be.

thanx all

Open up the advanced setup and on the left side scroll all the way down, open miscellaneous and the last option is email integration. Click email integration then on the right side uncheck the boxes for the mail clients you do not want nod32 interfering with.

• Administrator

I have similar problem with whole Office 2007. But I don't think it's related to ESET. :unsure:

There are also settings for turning off repeated scanning after update ... Your ThreatSense parameters can also be adjusted as well.. There is also an option to adjust compatibility and efficiency.. Turning off programs as email clients will disable the process.. Checking your ports... making sure your not scanning dead ports or unused ports can help..

Currently with Office 2010, I have to use Web Access Protection.. but I don't really use Outlook for the most part anyway.. I view my email through YAMN, which will only do plain text.. or through my browser to view HTML or code-based documents.. I never download attachments or even images unless absolutely necessary and verified t be from a trusted source, then when I do they get scanned as they are accessed..

Eset blocked the links of Nodenabler?

Logged in @ my pc..and I got a message that it blocked several sites. :unsure:

--

Nodenabler is still working tho :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems with ESET updates :-

As you know, ESET is causing problems, blocking NodEnabler sites that provide new Licenses in order to get automatic updates of virus signature database.

How to avoid this situation :-

1 - Go to NodEnabler " Licensing Searching " copy/paste all links shown, doing a txt.file with Microsoft Word, WordPad or NotePad, and saving to Desktop;

2 - Click on ESET icon you have on Taskbar, then "Open Window" and change to "Advanced Mode" ;

3 - Now click on "Setup" and then "Advanced Setup".

4 - On the left part of the Screen, choose "Web access protection", then HTTP/HTTPS and finally ADDRESS MANAGEMENT. Here, click on "LISTS";

5 - It`s here you must ADD (one by one) all links you have on TXT.file (on your Desktop);

6 - Once done, click OK and close ESET ;

7 - Now,click NodEnabler shortcut you have on Desktop, then click on the icon ( near Windows watch ) and choose LICENSE SEARCHING, in order to force 1st update.

It`s done ! From now on only Automatic Updates !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same to MinodLogin !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest NodEnabler is v.3.4.1.( Sense 9th.Dec.2009 )

Download from here :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site.................. Mediafire.com

ShareCode ............................. /?faamhxy2oae

and

Site ....................... Filefactory.com

ShareCode ..................................... /file/a1hhgef/n/NodEnabler_3.4.1.zip

and

Site ............................... Sendspace.com

ShareCode .............................................. /file/673bqi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MiNodLogin v.3.7.5.1 :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ......... Mediafire.com

Sharecode ...................... /?zmjymmmjwom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers and Enjoy !

Jofre

• Administrator

It happens sometimes. Click update button 4-5 times and see.

It happens sometimes. Click update button 4-5 times and see.

Yeah, I have to do that when I first install BoxMara. But I did a Windows 7 install for a friend last night and it wasn't updating so I went home to check mine and mine hadn't updated since the 27th.

But it just updated like 2 hours ago. I guess their servers were down or something.

• Administrator

Well this is happening from a month or so. I'm not getting automatic updates and it updates only when I manually click update button two times or so. :think:

Archived