ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

• Replies 584
  • Views 88.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You are right. It's askin for a username/pass.

• Administrator

Even then, shought does his job very well. :D

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

You mean ESET antivirus?

Download it from here - http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/35417-eset-nod32-antivirus-4-0-474-0/page__view__findpost__p__146856

Or I've made a torrent on it if you want -

Site: http://www.mediafire.comSharecode: /?xiu5nzy52zt

Mirrorin cause the frontpage link doesn't work.

You mean ESET antivirus?

Download it from here - http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/35417-eset-nod32-antivirus-4-0-474-0/page__view__findpost__p__146856

hey i installed this latest ver. of ESET 4.0.474.0 it shows version of virus signature database 4628 (20091122) & still it need updates for more that 19Mb this thing annoyin me ne suggetion?cause i hav the other version ESET 4.0.468.0 if i anstall that it needs only 5Mb updates so whats wrong in the 4.0.474.0

You mean ESET antivirus?

hey i installed this latest ver. of ESET 4.0.474.0 it shows version of virus signature database 4628 (20091122) & still it need updates for more that 19Mb this thing annoyin me ne suggetion?cause i hav the other version ESET 4.0.468.0 if i anstall that it needs only 5Mb updates so whats wrong in the 4.0.474.0

Well regardless of when you installed.. if you went back to the other version and the installation got rid of your updates.. then you would have to download even more.. My current update number is at 4665.. so the reason it does this is because it has to download all updates up to this point...Until ESET optimizes it or comes out with a newer version.. so best suggestion is to just be patient and finish downloading and installing.. shouldn't take that long anyway...Always best to update soon after a new release..

@implague:

Try using a license, and see if it still persist.

You can get one at nod32keys.com ^_^

yeah still there 20Mb update

@implague:

Odd... did you disable box, mara- fix?

thats make me in surprise dude cause uninstall the fix tried then too its 20Mb infact i install the software on other PC still the same prob.of 20MB updates signatures pretty weird thing y not u try urself in VMware

Are you simply complaining because you have to download the updates or is it that it is stuck with updates that won't install? I mean the updates that come from the provider are of no consequence of box-mara..

@implague:

Try using a license, and see if it still persist.

You can get one at nod32keys.com ^_^

i try the other way i install eset av 4.0.474.0 and use on of the username and password provided on nod32keys.com and update it it takes only 4 to 5MB update and gain i install the fix and try to update surprisingly nod32 again need 20MB signature updates so i guess marafix1.3 hav somthing get fixed for the latest version of eset so u were rite using username and pass is working thanx to u YOU ROCK MANNN

Are you simply complaining because you have to download the updates or is it that it is stuck with updates that won't install? I mean the updates that come from the provider are of no consequence of box-mara..

u r rite my friend but i must know what xactly wrong.I found that and Bizare helps me lot u can sea the other post by the way thanx to all for help

Well that was why I was asking it was unclear .. results wise..and its the first time I have seen this happen anywhere with the new fixes.. I use an older one that supposedly is no longer supported and is recommended to update.. but never had an issue.. by mara not box-mara.. Needless to say .. glad you got your installation fixed.. and discovered a bug..

• Administrator

Hmm. Interesting. :think:

I think mara- would like to answer this. Bug? I'm unsure about that, but this doesn't mean that it was not a problem.

Why do you think this is a bug? It's not like they made the program to work with patch, lol. It's not a bug anyway, conversion to trial is supposed to flush the signatures and download them all over, all 20MB of it and more. Downloading definitions and engine updates from trial servers probably has different updates from the passworded servers as well.

Try this, load up the gui and go to entire advanced setup tree (press F5), click update on the left, then click setup on the right.

disable pre-release updates, also set the thing on top to never update program components. Try it over if you want. Don't leave those disabled though, when you finish testing I suggest you turn them back on.

The other thing is maybe trial definitions are packed into 1 huge file then additional increments, whereas password definitions come in increments and the setup file already has the latest engine updates for paying customers which explains the smaller update size.

who knows...

@DKT27:

I don't think it's a bug from box, mara- fix, rather a distinction between trial and license usage.

I'm not sure though... but any word from box or mara- should clear things up ^_^

• Administrator

What Leet has mentioned seems right to me. No way you can call this a bug.

What Leet has mentioned seems right to me. No way you can call this a bug.

but mara fix works gr8 with thye other version4.0.468.0 and it only updates for 4.5/5MB

i have a really weird problem here,please help

i need to reinstall my ESS because i can't scan for viruses with it

when i wanted to turn off the self defense, there is an error about i don't have the right(i'm running as admin) so i restore everything to default

when i open my ess window the display is standard mode, i wanted to switch to advanced mode so i can turn off the self defense, but i can't

everytime i tried to change the display mode, ESS crashes.

please help :( :( :(

oh i'm using windows 7 x64

• Administrator

Hmm what version of SS did you say? It seems a bug to me.

Do a full uninstall, run CCleaner etc. Reinstall it again and see.

Archived