Kaspersky Website Hacked!

donizme

You would think companies that provide anti-virus and firewalls would protect their own websites from hackers right?

Well, it seems Kaspersky should take their own advice and make sure there are no "holes" in its security systems.

A hacker exploited a loophole on their US website and gained access to all Kaspersky customers activation codes/e-mails/other personal data!!

Heres what they had to say:

"This is not good for any company, especially for a company dealing with security,"

yeah mate u can say that again... :)

Kaspersky Admits "Embarassing Website Attack"

• Replies 19
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would think companies that provide anti-virus and firewalls would protect their own websites from hackers right?

Well, it seems Kaspersky should take their own advice and make sure there are no "holes" in its security systems.

A hacker exploited a loophole on their US website and gained access to all Kaspersky customers activation codes/e-mails/other personal data!!

"This is not good for any company, especially for a company dealing with security,"

yeah mate u can say that again... :(

Kaspersky confirms "embarrassing" website attack

makes one wonder how safe we really are.... as Lite says, or something like this... Your first line of defense should always be your BRAIN.

Wow... if only hackers used their "talents" for good, instead of evil...

Is there a superhero for us computer geeks? Like Patch Woman or Malwareman or... :unsure:

Wow... if only hackers used their "talents" for good, instead of evil...

Is there a superhero for us computer geeks? Like Patch Woman or Malwareman or... :unsure:

Actually they are using their talents for good. (now it depends on your view of good and evil)

Believe it or not, they are actually paid to do these kind of things. And this so called "shameful hacker attack" is nothing more than a script, played well I might add to make Kaspersky look much more weak in comparison to ESET, or other major AV companies.

Give it a month or two, and you'll see some headline like "Kaspersky successfully defeated......." type of topic on their FP. Just another means of crowd control. Making people think that their that damn good, and they should purchase their product.

And today's malware is mostly created by av companies (yes not the crackers/hackers), just so they could add one more threat to their list (one more than avira let's say), making them look like their the best choice to go with.

Just make sure to set "Heuristics Scanning/Level" to off, else you will get more false positives then when you get them with norton installed.

Marcus Thunder

yeah mate u can say that again... :unsure:

Kaspersky Admits "Embarassing Website Attack"

I will never use kaspersky again becoz of its tainted history.

I remember last year when it had an update that recognized a critical windows file as a threat and deleted it leaving the OS unbootable

and now it is hacked.I know kaspersky is one of the most powerfull antiviruses but ill just stick to eset for the next 3 years and see what will happen by then.

Well,

to be honest it is a shame that it happened and such kinds of stuff would definitely have a blow on any security company's image, but it is quite weird that no one ever found that coming! Consider that on most of the 'respectable' warez sites, kaspersky keys are available... New keys every day... Where do these people get those keys??? Has to come from somewhere, isn't it!!!

I believe the scoop might be only the tip of the iceberg; but who knows... As for whether I will use their product... well yes; it has good detection abilities and the Internet security suite is quite solid too.

Don't forget that AVG too crippled some windows system by a flawed update... so bear in mind that no solution is perfect... hasn't affected ESET; but you never know what the future holds!

I'm not a fanboy, but I am a kaspersky user and I would be pissed off too if it killed my system; but one thing for sure is that it has a decent Internet security and anti virus solution. Mind you; I'm not saying it is the best, it's my choice. Furthermore, their user forum is just a pain... I still can't imagine where those 'MODS' got their managemnt degree???? LOL.

Peace.

I still can't imagine where those 'MODS' got their managemnt degree???? LOL.

Prob close friends, and the admin(s) just made them into a mod.

"Hey can I be a mod? I can take good care of your forum"

"Yeah sure"

"**** Yeah!"

It's a dirty Job, but someone gotta do it :fool:

And what are your skill's? :(

About the Security Companies & the Hackers, Are we "Truly" Safe or are made Scared for Commercial Reasons?

It's a Cat & Mouse Game....& sometimes the Mouse is an Elephant

Sure some Companies Like AVG messed it up,

I think Common Sense is more Important than your PC Security :ph34r:

They have a saying here in my Country: " The Knife Cuts always on Both Sides "

;)

It's a dirty Job, but someone gotta do it :fool:

And what are your skill's? <_<

Well what I know is that if I got no skills then I better not be a mod. I'm sure you know how's it's done on the Kaspersky forum with lots of the ironic/sarcastic replies; there are plenty of example that I could quote! Much like the comodo forum - if you don't agree with the mods philosophy, then you get very colourful replies. And it's not that I hate kaspersky or comodo whatsoever, I think they are both decent products. I use them both (technically not on the same computer)!

Btw aren't you the mod on the mobile section??? I suggest you have a look at the Online Armor forum and judge for yourself.

Please let's not turn this thread into a fight about the 'MODS OF KASPERSKY'. You truely gave an excellent example of my point with the And what are your skill's? <_< !!! This is how kapsersky Mods reply; don't they??? Even if they are not on their own forum!!!!LOL.

This is nsaneforum man... we have freedom of speech; the mods here respect our opinion, at least, this is what I feel. So no hard feelings Victor. I wasn't directing my comments specifically at you in my first reply (and the comment was meant to be more funny than actually mean real harm.). It's a shame that it's you who had to reply to my post - I thought you were among the cool mods on kaspersky! Bummer!

Peace.

This is nsaneforum man... we have freedom of speech; the mods here respect our opinion, at least, this is what I feel.

And that's exactly how we want you to feel <_<

Eventually we will take away all your freedom and turn you into lab-rats! Mwuahahahahaaha <_<

I have to work on that 'evil laugh', don't I?

LMAO

just imitate when Marik laughs "muhawhawhawhawhaw"

Cheers,

Bizarre™

good point <_<

here's a clue shought

Imagine him laughing 35bb9tu.gif

Hope some of these codes make it out here - folks using Kaspersky would have a gala time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived