Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One vs. Xperia Z vs. iPhone 5 vs. Lumia 920

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Now that the Samsung Galaxy S IV has been officially unveiled, specifications and all, let's take a look at how it fares against the competition from HTC, Sony, LG, Apple and Nokia.

Now that the Galaxy S4 has officially been unveiled, let's take a look at how it lines up compared to other flagship devices out there on the market. Note that we've highlighted the best specs, on paper, in bold, however this may not necessarily translate into the best real-world results.

Samsung Galaxy S4 HTC One Sony Xperia Z Apple iPhone 5 Nokia Lumia 920
3G/4G HSPA+ and LTE HSPA+ and LTE HSPA+ and LTE HSPA+ and LTE HSPA+ and LTE
Display 5.0-inches
Super AMOLED
1920 x 1080
441 ppi pixel density
4.7-inches
Super LCD3
1920 x 1080
469 ppi pixel density
5.0-inches
LCD
1920 x 1080
441 ppi pixel density
4.0-inches
IPS LCD
1136 x 640
326 ppi pixel density
4.5-inches
IPS LCD
1280 x 768
332 ppi pixel density
Processor Samsung-made
Exynos 5 Octa 5410
1.6 GHz quad-core
ARM Cortex-A15 cores
1.2 GHz quad-core
ARM Cortex-A7 cores
Qualcomm-made
Snapdragon 600
1.7 GHz quad-core CPU
Krait 300 cores

Qualcomm-made
Snapdragon S4 Pro
1.5 GHz quad-core CPU
Krait cores

Apple-made
Apple A6
1.3 GHz dual-core CPU
Swift cores
Qualcomm-made
Snapdragon S4
1.5 GHz dual-core CPU
Krait cores
Graphics PowerVR SGX544MP3 Adreno 320 Adreno 320 PowerVR SGX543MP3 Adreno 225
RAM 2 GB 2 GB 2 GB 1 GB 1 GB
Storage 16/32/64 GB storage
microSD card slot
32/64 GB storage 16 GB storage
microSD card slot
16/32/64 GB storage 32 GB storage
Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth 4.0
A-GPS
NFC
Infrared
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth 4.0
A-GPS
NFC
Infrared
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
A-GPS
NFC
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
A-GPS
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 3.0
A-GPS
NFC
Camera 13 MP rear camera
LED flash
2.0 MP front camera
1080p video recording
4.0 MP rear camera
"Ultrapixels"
LED flash
OIS
2.1 MP front camera
1080p video recording
13.1 MP rear camera
LED flash
2.2 MP front camera
1080p video recording
8 MP rear camera
LED flash
1.2 MP front camera
1080p video recording
8.7 MP rear camera
Carl Zeiss lens
Dual LED flash
OIS

1.3 MP front camera
1080p video recording
Battery Li-ion 2,600 mAh
Removable
Li-Po 2,300 mAh
Non-removable
Li-ion 2,330 mAh
Non-removable
Li-ion 1,440 mAh
Non-removable
Li-ion 2,000 mAh
Non-removable
Qi wireless charging
Launch OS Android 4.2
TouchWiz 
Android 4.1
HTC Sense UI 5
Android 4.1
Sony skin
iOS 6 Windows Phone 8
Launch Date April 2013 March 2013 March 2013 September 2012 November 2012
Size & Weight 7.9 mm thin
130 g
9.3 mm thin
143 g
7.9 mm thin
146 g
7.6 mm thin
112 g
10.7 mm thin
185 g

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, where's LG? :huh:

How come they didn't highlight which processor and graphics is best?

Non-removable battery, no microSD card slot - :thumbsdown: :uhuh:

• Administrator

Nor did they highlight Android. :tehe:

The highlighted specs are the highest rated specs in their respective categories, not necessarily the better hardware ;)

I went for specs when choosing the sgs2 but it wasn't nearly as good an experience as my old desire I had before. The raw specs really don't show how polished HTC's sense is, there are so many little touches making the phone so much more usable that the little raw power samsung has is lost with all the extra work you have to do to do the things sense does for you....

Of all the phones here, HTC One has the best form factor, the phone is just simply gorgeous.

RadioActive

I'd say the HTC One, because both the S4 and the Z fail miserably (from my point-of-view) due to their absurd screen size. 4.7 inch is already too big as it is, 5.0 inch is no longer a phone and should not be compared to phones but to "phablets". iPhone 5 is a joke (don't get me started) and the Lumia is using specs of an older generation.

Personally, I wouldn't get ANY of these phones. All of their specs are useless, way too much power for a mere smartphone. I recently got a Galaxy Nexus even though I could afford a newer phone but I simply didn't see any upside other than bragging.

Just my two cents.

am waiting Tegra 4

tegra3 was a disappointment compared to qualcomm's s4, i had them side by side in the htc one x and s

• 2 weeks later...

Great information you have shared. It is brilliantly comprise all the leading phones. But my vote for the Galaxy S4. Its truly a companion of human being.

I'd say the HTC One, because both the S4 and the Z fail miserably (from my point-of-view) due to their absurd screen size. 4.7 inch is already too big as it is, 5.0 inch is no longer a phone and should not be compared to phones but to "phablets". iPhone 5 is a joke (don't get me started) and the Lumia is using specs of an older generation.

Personally, I wouldn't get ANY of these phones. All of their specs are useless, way too much power for a mere smartphone. I recently got a Galaxy Nexus even though I could afford a newer phone but I simply didn't see any upside other than bragging.

Just my two cents.

Lumia 920 is pretty fast and has a great camera. Galaxy Nexus is an awesome phone, you can try out CyanogenMod for extra performance/features. And yeah you're right, no body "needs" that much power, maybe for taking full HD video, but I'm not sure it requires so much power. Most of the people with a smart phone use it for texting/social purposes, some don't even bother or know how to change their ringtone lol.

RadioActive

Lumia 920 is pretty fast and has a great camera. Galaxy Nexus is an awesome phone, you can try out CyanogenMod for extra performance/features. And yeah you're right, no body "needs" that much power, maybe for taking full HD video, but I'm not sure it requires so much power. Most of the people with a smart phone use it for texting/social purposes, some don't even bother or know how to change their ringtone lol.

The Galaxy Nexus is amazing, I'm using Purity which offers a bit more options than CM and I even down-clocked it to 800Mhz. The only thing I hate about it is the bland look of AOSP but nothing is perfect I guess :D

Archived