HTC announces HTC One

nsane.forums

HTC has just unveiled their brand new Android flagship device: the HTC One. The device carriers some impressive specs but most of them have already been previously leaked.

Tnr9gd7.jpg

After a long wait – and many, many leaks – HTC has has officially announced the HTC One, its newest Android flagship device. The announcement confirms what all the previous leaks hinted at, as the brand new device has some very impressive specs.

The HTC One has a massive 4.7-inch LCD 3 1080p display amounting to an astounding 468 pixels per inch, very similar to the display from an earlier release from HTC, the J Butterfly. The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core CPU with clock speeds of 1.7GHz. Additionally, the phone features 2 GB of RAM as well as either 32 or 64 GB of internal storage depending on the model. Along with the typical LTE and Bluetooth 4.0 support, the phone has an IR blaster embedded in its power button at the top of the phone to let users control TVs and other devices. To keep everything running the phone has a 2,300 mAh battery.

T3NBKQB.jpg

The spectacular display on the new phone is not its only "killer feature," as the new device comes with a unique camera on the back, something HTC has hinted at for weeks. The phone uses new technology, which HTC has dubbed "ultra pixels," to have larger pixels to absorb more light, leading to some very impressive photography, although HTC limits the output resolution of the photos to 4MP. The camera also feature optical image stabilization, similar to Nokia's 920, to reduce blur in low-light pictures and improve video capture. This technology is aimed at competing with Nokia's Pureview brand that uses oversampling to achieve the same effect.

The HTC One also comes with Beats audio technology and runs Android 4.1.2. On top of that HTC have thrown their new, lighter and redesigned Sense 5.0 software which focuses on a tiled interface. The new Sense also brings many of HTC's customization features on top of Android.

HTC is aiming at an international launch for this device with over 185 carriers world wide. As earlier rumors predicted, the phone will be available in the U.S. starting in late March on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint with pricing possibly starting at $199 for the 32GB model. In the UK O2, Vodafone, Three and EE are all signed up to carry this device. It will come in black and silver. For those who want to find out a bit more and to register for a $100 discount offer visit the product page on HTC's site.

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DKT27, time to upgrade your phone? :)

I like the optical stabilization they added in the camera. But, I'm not sure I'm liking the Windows 8 style tiles.

Also, I wish they'd amp up the battery more.

• Administrator

@DKT27, time to upgrade your phone? :)

I like the optical stabilization they added in the camera. But, I'm not sure I'm liking the Windows 8 style tiles.

Also, I wish they'd amp up the battery more.

lol. Nah. It hasn't been even one year. And unless something wrong happens, I want to stick with it for years. I know, I know, market is moving too fast, but I wanted an Android and I got it. I'm more of a PC guy anyway.

Yeah, true, they seem to have adapted some looks of Windows Phone tiles to Sense 5.0.

2300 mAh battery is fine IMO.

• Administrator

No idea. I guess it requires HTC to work on it before releasing, and it may not have been in their original plan for the phone.

• Administrator

It's sad that (where I live) HTC is both overpriced and underrated at the same time..

Same here. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------

HTC sent this picture to my email today. :)

FTZsjrG.jpg

I have been a long time fan of HTC (since my desire) but got a Samsung Galaxy S2 after that when I got my upgrade but bought a One X last year because I missed sense too much but now I am a bit wary of choosing a new HTC because of the thight lock down, my one x turned out to be branded even though I bought it in a store and getting updates was a real pain because I have to rely on the provider to provide updates. Normally this isn't any big deal but it is still impossible to flash certain unsigned code or code with the wrong cid (carrier id). I mean I can root, flash firmware and kernels but it isn't enough because new android versions might require a new hboot version or radio which you cannot flash. Also no microsd is a bit of a turn off because my 32GB HOX is always almost full...

flashinf a new firmware /rooting procedure on htc is really pain but very easy in SAMSUNG .this s a big turn off towards HTC

flashinf a new firmware /rooting procedure on htc is really pain but very easy in SAMSUNG .this s a big turn off towards HTC

And I used to think it was a real pain when I cam from desire to sgs2, it's a real shame HTC messed big time on this...

It looks an an iphone 5 body.
And I think MS have paid htc a few dollars to promote the usage of Windows like tiles in an android phone.

Archived