KickassTorrents Goes Down After Kat.ph Domain Expires

nsane.forums

KickassTorrents is down, possibly because the domain name expired.

People all around the world are unable to access the second most visited torrent site since an hour or so.

TorrentFreak contacted the admins to ask for an explanation, but we have yet to hear back from them.

Interestingly, KickassTorrents either shows a “bad gateway” message or it redirects to the PH registry website with a notice that the domain is still available.

Kat.ph available?

9ySvJxH.png

The Whois data reveals that Kat.ph expired a few days ago on January
12. It’s likely that this has something to do with the current downtime.

We will update this post when new information arrives.

Update: The Come.in proxy operated by KAT is also experiencing some outages. A few people report that KAT still works for them.

Update 2: The KAT admins told TorrentFreak that they hope to come back soon. “Technical issues. Should be solved soon.”

Kat.ph expired

0FU31nh.png

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they made a backdoor deal or threatened KickAssTorrents and they compromised on letting it go after the domain expires. Before they do a final grab at liberty, they will shear her of her stupidity. Freedom must be earned again. They want us to be miserable (the world elite)...fuck them.

Thanks for the heads up... I was wondering why I was unable to access it. I thought it got shut down like Demonoid or something... I do hope they be able to solve the problem soon.

Well then....it's good to see it's there in that location...wasn't that the original location though?

Archived