Looking for new TV shows/series worth watching

RadioActive

• Replies 49
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuum is fantastic show, at least for me.

Cheers ;)

Just downloaded the first episode and its awesome! Thank you for the suggestion :D I just wanted to ask if you know where I could download the show other than torrents, its very slow here for me :c

I'm glad you like it. :D

I used torrent to download WEB-DL version, and it was pretty fast. Only other way is some file host, but unless you have premium it's worse then torrents.

Cheers ;)

Haha its really cool show. I too downloaded the Web DL version, from PublicHD but the thing is its pretty darn slow :c But thanks anyways :)

we already have a thread about tv shows, so this should belong in there

it will be merged later on

I rarely watch tv series , you can check Breaking Bad ,its already old now and probably you have already watched .

I know of it, but I didn't find the synopsis encouraging.

we already have a thread about tv shows, so this should belong in there

it will be merged later on

Why merge? This is not a duplicate post.

I don't know about the other thread(s) but I'm discussing shows that meet certain criteria, in this case; mine.

I have no interest in this thread being merged with another where all the criteria gets mixed and eventually lost among the random responses.

Cheers ;)

Just downloaded the first episode and its awesome! Thank you for the suggestion :D I just wanted to ask if you know where I could download the show other than torrents, its very slow here for me :c

I used torrent to download WEB-DL version, and it was pretty fast. Only other way is some file host, but unless you have premium it's worse then torrents.

Cheers ;)

I just watched the complete season 1 :D This is awesome show! Is there going to be a second season?

I just watched the complete season 1 :D This is awesome show! Is there going to be a second season?

Filming now, and showing about april :)

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

I told you. I also liked the show very much. Yeah, it's renewed for season 2, 13 episodes. :dance2:

But, seeing that the pilot aired at 27. May, 2012, I suppose that season 2 will start airing sometimes in May, but this is just mine assumption.

Cheers ;)

Was bored to extent i couldnt sleep last night .

Do something .

Did .

Watched Continuum Epi 1 .

Good show ! :)

Thanks for the recommendation guys !

If any one has problem downloading it , watch it online .

Good quality ---

http://www.movie2k.to

/Continuum-watch-tvshow-1386441.html

Wow, some good ones that haven't been posted yet...

Alphas

Ancient Aliens

Arrow

Battlestar Galactica

Breaking Bad

Burn Notice

Dark Matters: Twisted But True

Dexter

CHAOS

Covert Affairs

Criminal Minds

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files

Falling Skies

Fringe

Game of Thrones

Last Resort

Louie

Misfits

Psych

Revolution

Sons Of Anarchy

Through The Wormhole

Torchwood

Touch

XIII: The Series

Wow, some good ones that haven't been posted yet...

Alphas

Ancient Aliens

Arrow

Battlestar Galactica

Breaking Bad

Burn Notice

Dark Matters: Twisted But True

Dexter

CHAOS

Covert Affairs

Criminal Minds

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files

Falling Skies

Fringe

Game of Thrones

Last Resort

Louie

Misfits

Psych

Revolution

Sons Of Anarchy

Through The Wormhole

Torchwood

Touch

XIII: The Series

READ the original post before you reply.

@Lohengrin: Before I try to browse my mind for a couple of titles respecting your wishes, I wanted to know, just out of curiosity, why shy away from older series? Some of them really were good, and are now generally less known. Apart from a potential problem in finding them, I actually prefer the older ones - I find most new ones boring and very often tedious.

While I fully understand that personal preferences are the measure for all entertainment, I just wondered what your reasons were, perhaps because I might even find a gem compelling enough to steer you towards the oldies.

Anyways, of the new ones that meet your criterion, I can only think of:

Dallas (the new thing, I despise these type of shows, but, hey, it's a matter of taste),

The Hour (into its second season, I believe),

Restless (Season 1 of the miniseries, really nice), then there's

GoT (some may say it's childish, I disagree, it's into the third season, debued around 2011, i think), there's also

Archer (an animated series, from 2010, ongoing - I'm only putting it here because it's the youngest animated thing I've seen, and you have to have a cartoon in a list like this xD).

That's of the top of my head. Unfortunatelly, I've not been able to track the contemporary stuff since I've enrolled in my Literature studies. If I think of anything else, I'll post again - hopefully, the list meets all your wishes, and since I haven't really read the huge lists, I hope I'm not repeating stuff. If so, I do apologise. I also hope this helps, and that it's balanced enough to meet varied tastes.

Action/Thriller:

Person of Interest - Action/Drama/Mystery - IMDB Rating: 8.3

Homeland - Crime/Drama/Mystery - IMDB Rating: 8.6

Comedy:

Happy Endings - Comedy - IMDB Rating: 7.6

Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 - Comedy - IMDB Rating: 7.2

Two Broke Girls - Comedy - IMDB Rating: 7.0

New Girl - Comedy IMDB Rating: 7.9

@Lohengrin: Before I try to browse my mind for a couple of titles respecting your wishes, I wanted to know, just out of curiosity, why shy away from older series? Some of them really were good, and are now generally less known. Apart from a potential problem in finding them, I actually prefer the older ones - I find most new ones boring and very often tedious.

While I fully understand that personal preferences are the measure for all entertainment, I just wondered what your reasons were, perhaps because I might even find a gem compelling enough to steer you towards the oldies.

Anyways, of the new ones that meet your criterion, I can only think of:

Dallas (the new thing, I despise these type of shows, but, hey, it's a matter of taste),

The Hour (into its second season, I believe),

Restless (Season 1 of the miniseries, really nice), then there's

GoT (some may say it's childish, I disagree, it's into the third season, debued around 2011, i think), there's also

Archer (an animated series, from 2010, ongoing - I'm only putting it here because it's the youngest animated thing I've seen, and you have to have a cartoon in a list like this xD).

That's of the top of my head. Unfortunately, I've not been able to track the contemporary stuff since I've enrolled in my Literature studies. If I think of anything else, I'll post again - hopefully, the list meets all your wishes, and since I haven't really read the huge lists, I hope I'm not repeating stuff. If so, I do apologize. I also hope this helps, and that it's balanced enough to meet varied tastes.

The reason I'm not looking for older series is because I probably either seen them already or know them and not interested.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at them when I get back.

Edit: the first three are British, so I'll pass. GoT, I couldn't find any information about it, is it an acronym? Archer, it's 2009 actually and sounds kinda silly, is it worth it?

Action/Thriller:

Person of Interest - Action/Drama/Mystery - IMDB Rating: 8.3

Homeland - Crime/Drama/Mystery - IMDB Rating: 8.6

Comedy:

Happy Endings - Comedy - IMDB Rating: 7.6

Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 - Comedy - IMDB Rating: 7.2

Two Broke Girls - Comedy - IMDB Rating: 7.0

New Girl - Comedy IMDB Rating: 7.9

Thanks, will check them out when I get the chance.

Edit: Person of Interest, looks promising. I've added first season to the seedbox, but I'll wait until the second season is complete before I start downloading it. I didn't get a chance to check out the other ones yet though.

Him & Her

Sherlock

The Following

Thanks, didn't find the first two interesting and although the last one seems good, it doesn't have at least one complete season..

The reason I'm not looking for older series is because I probably either seen them already or know them and not interested.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at them when I get back.

Edit: the first three are British, so I'll pass. GoT, I couldn't find any information about it, is it an acronym? Archer, it's 2009 actually and sounds kinda silly, is it worth it?

Archer is INSANE! :D :D :D

I love it! It has an idiotic humour to it that simply swallows the hours of the day. You really have to watch an episode to see if you like it (you'll know right away). It has a South-Park like dimension to it, only with less social criticism.

Got = Game Of Thrones. xD It's pretty popular nowadays, so I thought it best to shorten it. xD

I'll try to think of something else that's befitting. Oh, and I can recommend the new Sherlock. For my money, the best interpretation after Brett.

Archer is INSANE! :D :D :D

I love it! It has an idiotic humour to it that simply swallows the hours of the day. You really have to watch an episode to see if you like it (you'll know right away). It has a South-Park like dimension to it, only with less social criticism.

Got = Game Of Thrones. xD It's pretty popular nowadays, so I thought it best to shorten it. xD

I'll try to think of something else that's befitting. Oh, and I can recommend the new Sherlock. For my money, the best interpretation after Brett.

I will check Archer out, I just hope it's less [put a suitable insult here] than South Park :D

I heard of Game of Thrones, it didn't sound interesting but a friend of mine assured me it's worth so I've added the first season to the seedbox.

Someone already mentioned Sherlock but in case you didn't figure it out by now, I'm not a fan of British shows (except Primeval of course ^^).

Edit: I watched a couple of episodes from "Archer" and I hated it as expected, it felt more stupid than funny.

House of Cards a netflix (big deal thing) starring Kevin Spacey. The BBC '90 series was like brill.

Thing is that I need to start watching (am watching) Utopia http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/9802891/Utopia-Channel-4-review.html

It's too new (less than 1 complete season), not to mention it's British, so I think I'll pass.

i could suggest a lot but i don't know much about you so its a shot in the dark..

what i would advise doing is registering up at IMDB and adding some of your all time favorite shows to your "Watch List"

then look at the what is offered in the "People who liked this also liked.." box..

You can add to your watch list from there and hit next for more listings or dismiss a show so it won't be in there anymore etc

I find it fairly handy at finding other TV shows or movies. Also with all the info and services such as reviews, ratings and forums

it would be far more effective than asking for help in here for what you like when we have no idea lol

i could suggest a lot but i don't know much about you so its a shot in the dark..

what i would advise doing is registering up at IMDB and adding some of your all time favorite shows to your "Watch List"

then look at the what is offered in the "People who liked this also liked.." box..

You can add to your watch list from there and hit next for more listings or dismiss a show so it won't be in there anymore etc

I find it fairly handy at finding other TV shows or movies. Also with all the info and services such as reviews, ratings and forums

it would be far more effective than asking for help in here for what you like when we have no idea lol

You don't really need to know what I like, I specified certain criteria (check OP) and if you know shows that you like and meet that criteria then feel free to suggest them.

And thanks for the IMDb suggestion, I'll keep it mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived