Old News but New to nsane forums![AVG & TuneUp] + Two Shocking News!

vissha

Many thought TuneUp Corporation is still in partnership with AVG Corporation. But this isn't so.

AVG acquired TuneUp in mid 2011 itself!

For more details: AVG Forums-see last comment by BIG AL 43[AVG Moderator]

Shocking News:

• From the time TuneUp was acquired by AVG, till now, more than 100 TuneUp Employees are Fired.
  • TuneUp Utilities will be shutdown/closed within months.(This is to make AVG TuneUp sell more)

For more details, see the comment post by TuneUp Employee: TuneUp Blog(see comment on Dec-1-2012)

• Replies 34
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why the OP attempts to sensationalize trivialities - screw TuneUp Utilities and their buggy resource hogging Program Deactivator. There are far better Tweaking Programs that do not require a service to run in the background.

I'm not sure why the OP attempts to sensationalize trivialities - screw TuneUp Utilities and their buggy resource hogging Program Deactivator. There are far better Tweaking Programs that do not require a service to run in the background.

Yup..windows 7/8 manager is the one that all PC user with win 7/8 need to have..I will buy my own license when I get a job..

Hey, is there any way to delay a start up entry? I doubt that Stardock Fences is no co-operating with explorer.exe being set in auto start..I wanna delay Fences' startup..

Yup..windows 7/8 manager is the one that all PC user with win 7/8 need to have..I will buy my own license when I get a job..

Hey, is there any way to delay a start up entry? I doubt that Stardock Fences is no co-operating with explorer.exe being set in auto start..I wanna delay Fences' startup..

Navigate to Services and then after selecting the Program you want to delay, change it's status from 'Automatic' to 'Automatic (Delayed Start)'

Navigate to Services and then after selecting the Program you want to delay, change it's status from 'Automatic' to 'Automatic (Delayed Start)'

Thank you :)

better than yamicsoft product, avg tuneup/tuneup utilities so weight.

i remove it from my pc and instal yamicsoft, :D

:thumbsup:

Cool story bro
jokes and funny stuff would be better place for this thread :lol:

This isn't a joke. See the links i've given and you'll know this is true.

Oh dear, I know it's true..just the sense of the contents of the post makes one to think like that..

Righto, Yamicsoft rules this segment - it runs absolutely nothing in the back-end and has much more tweaking options than that silly TuneUp.

However, I do use a home-made portable TuneUp, too - stripped free of needless stuff like the Program Deactivator and other crap.

Oh dear, I know it's true..just the sense of the contents of the post makes one to think like that..

Your reply makes viewers think that this is joke. Pls edit your old reply.

Can't blame AVG - anything they touch turns from 'gold' to 'dust.'

Alert, one company has bought another company out, kind of, sort of in the same sector, so they will be removing redundant jobs.

This is truly shocking news.

Now on to milder news

http://www.infowars.com/this-weeks-senate-scandal-its-scorn-for-the-4th-amendment/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/12/this-weeks-senate-scandal-its-scorn-for-the-4th-amendment/266681/

Privacy is just totally shredded.

Now there's nothing to see there, move along, move along, these aren't the droids we're looking for. The real concern is a company just bought another out. Oh boy.

Hopefully most here can detect my sarcasm/satire.

No Its AVG, who changes all things from good to bad. AVG product developers and all heads are to be blamed. They create troublesome product codings and files for their product security(license problems). Why did they fire all TuneUp employees? You answer these Queries, then you'll understand who is to be blamed?

No Its AVG, who changes all things from good to bad. AVG product developers and all heads are to be blamed. They create troublesome product codings and files for their product security(license problems). Why did they fire all TuneUp employees? You answer these Queries, then you'll understand who is to be blamed?

I agree with you..They shouldn't fire TuneUp employee 'cause they were dealing with the product since long and knows the best about the product..dcs18 too blaming AVG, not TuneUp..He interpreted that, If AVG buy Yamicsoft someday, it'll too turn into dust..

Hail TuneUp utilities.. :rockon:

more than 100 TuneUp Employees are Fired.

I think that part (which was not being discussed) really sucks - hate to see anyone lose their jobs. :thumbsdown:

more than 100 TuneUp Employees are Fired.

I think that part (which was not being discussed) really sucks - hate to see anyone lose their jobs. :thumbsdown:

Isn't there anyone to fire AVG?

I suppose AVG Tuneup will have the AV included soon. Tuneup has become a pretty poor program over the last few years imo, so maybe AVG can make it better (Unlikely but who cares)

Show must go on with TU or without, we will all survive even without aren't we?

no doubt :thumbsup:

I suppose AVG Tuneup will have the AV included soon. Tuneup has become a pretty poor program over the last few years imo, so maybe AVG can make it better (Unlikely but who cares)

Never AVG can make better. Answer this scenario Q:

Installed TuneUp Utilities 2013(removed ✔ from check for Updates and auto update)-->internet disabled-->entered serial-->blocked all exe files of it through firewall(Advanced Settings)-->then for few days works normal-->then key is found pirated!

It is real thing happened for my friends. But older versions are still working better(with this same. This means AVG have taken good measure. But there are left out traces are there even after removing each TuneUp file,registry, hidden files after uninstall. And that means worst thing of AVG(might've experienced in AVG AV products) is started in this version itself.

And most important, AVG stopped TuneUp promotion(old version license) and started dicounts & reduced the current version giveaways on various clients.

Archived