Avast now takes advantage of Outpost’s firewall technology

AlienForce1

OK will do. Can't exclude any crack folder though.

CleanWipe tool is posted on the second post of the thread to linked to. :)

Well if the crack are in use, then if detected, you'll be asked if you want to restore and exclude them from future detection. And lol my bad :P Chip in with your two cents after you've used SEP :)

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im using webroot wsa right now and i actually really like it. basic and not heavy at all. so far working very well. i know of a killer deal if you are in the us on it also.

• Administrator

Norton has better exclusion than SEP.

Well, I'm already have problems excluding files. In all, the AV needs to be totally disabled to sucessfully exclude a file it thinks is malware / virus.

Well, I'm already have problems excluding files. In all, the AV needs to be totally disabled to sucessfully exclude a file it thinks is malware / virus.

There is scanning exclusion and realtime exclusion.

The prog/folder needs to be excluded in both.

Never had issues with exclusions under Norton or now with Avast

I just changed from MSE to Avast Free. Never had any slowdowns.

I excluded my entire external HDD from scanning and modules due to all the cracks on it. I also do not monitor my HTTP connection (disabled).

So Avast 7 Free right now.

Avast installs Chrome. But because i do not use it, i had to uninstall. I do not use any Firewall as well (my Fritz!box router has built-in one).

No slowdowns, daily updates and good configuration.

AMD Phenom X4 955 Processor QuadCore

8 GB RAM

256 GB SSD

Win7 x64 Ultimate

The main problem of current AV's is GUI, i remember when NOD32 used to have a tiny window, and kicked ASS..

Then they changed to Sci fi/Hollywood I ROBOT GUI, i had to quit, because my computer was old ...

Same thing happen to AVAST, and AVG and other . . .

They are really busy on making cute and fluffy GUI with sound effects and shadows etc, CMON ITS A ANTIVIRUS...

Make it slim, fast and useful, cut the other bullshit ...

If i were a good programmer i would find out a way to kick away GUI from AV programs ... i don't know how or why, but its slowing down a lot of good AV's ...

Now im using F-secure 2012, it feels good, after mem hogs from MSE, my computer is now breathing... F-secure brings a new definition of launch pad, taking down the need of having a full gui of the antivirus 24/7 on background... only has 2 process 1 has 4mb and the other almost 700kb ...

Feels good, to have a tiny AV on my netbook...

use Nod32 for a year! It is the longest AV stays in my system! Very light in my dual core and 1gb memory lappy; protect me rightly when online and offline! Updating database so easy, online-offline! love eset :D

Archived